The Student Room Group

Deal Breakers for Women

To the girls on TSR-

What kind of things would be deal breakers for you? And by deal breakers I mean guys you simply would never want to be with, regardless of their other traits. For example, if obesity was a deal breaker for you, that means you'd never want to be with an obese man regardless of how similar your tastes are and how fantastic his personality may be.

I've heard some pretty weird deal breakers before, So I'm interested in finding some more.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cheesecakefactory
To the girls on TSR-

What kind of things would be deal breakers for you? And by deal breakers I mean guys you simply would never want to be with, regardless of their other traits. For example, if obesity was a deal breaker for you, that means you'd never want to be with an obese man regardless of how similar your tastes are and how fantastic his personality may be.

I've heard some pretty weird deal breakers before, So I'm interested in finding some more.

Terrible grammar. Mistakes are acceptable, expected in fact, but grammar that is obviously poor grates on me far too much to ever consider spending voluntary time with the person.
Reply 2
Inability to enjoy cheesecake.
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure if you're balding, fat, monotonous and uninteresting, these would be deal breakers.
Family members
Reply 5
Original post by shorty.loves.angels
Terrible grammar. Mistakes are acceptable, expected in fact, but grammar that is obviously poor grates on me far too much to ever consider spending voluntary time with the person.

you mean like here? on a forum... when in reality my writing is far superior to yours and lots of others on here (if i wanted to write a letter or an essay for instance)

get meh'???

if so. i dont understand that and its shocking to be honest :L
A really bad sense of humor or none. That would just be...painful. :afraid: Oh someone who takes themself too seriously.

Don't really feel like going into looks because there's too many to name :cool:
unreasonable stubborness/ extreme narrowmindedness
Reply 8
Well obesity is something you can get rid of. But if he is morbidly obese and is not intending to change it (eating junk every day), then yes, that would be a deal-breaker.

Also, a past of violent crime, if he's slept with every woman in town. Large amount of tattoos. If he never reads, or never watches movies that don't feature Vin Diesel, then I don't think we could be together.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
I Lol'd at the amount of male TSR members posting in this thread.
Reply 10
inb4 small penis
Reply 11
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
If your writing is fine in reality, then is this imaginary?

i dont feel the need to perfect my grammar whilst using a keyboard.

obviously you do, but i think thats for people that take these things too seriously and consider people here to be friends / try to make friends with people from here.

lulz.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Monobrow. :sexface:

MonoPenis
like a guy with 3 arms ... or a guy that orders wrong deliberately orders food from certain fast food chains that he knows don't serve it, like so obnoxious
Reply 14
Original post by lukejoshjedi
like a guy with 3 arms ... or a guy that orders wrong deliberately orders food from certain fast food chains that he knows don't serve it, like so obnoxious

wtf..

is that meant to be funny or what? you areee strangee...
Reply 15
Herpes
Reply 16
I've got to agree with the grammar one... obviously no one's got perfect grammar but then you get people who get all their tenses mixed up, get their syntax completely wrong, use the wrong 'they're, their and there' and 'you're and your' and basically just sound/write like they're illiterate... It would do my head in too much.

Too different political views. We'd just argue too much.

Extremely narrow minded people.

If their idea of humour is making people feel like crap and taking the mick out of them... ><

Someone who is totally averse to affection like hugging etc, I'm an affectionate person :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I honestly don't think I could stay with someone who couldn't make me full-on bowl-full-of-jelly belly-laugh once in a while.
Reply 18
Original post by alasicannotswim
unreasonable stubborness/ extreme narrowmindedness

Hypocrite much?
Original post by PotPon
you mean like here? on a forum... when in reality my writing is far superior to yours and lots of others on here (if i wanted to write a letter or an essay for instance)

get meh'???

if so. i dont understand that and its shocking to be honest :L

Sorry oh so superior one!

Well for instance my friend's boyfriend constantly makes massive errors in text messages, in particular. Double negatives are most common, plus using completely the wrong words or spellings, which you should learned in primary school. I really hate things like that; I couldn't date someone who always made such noticeable errors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending