The Student Room Group

Sister went through my phone! But did I overreact?

I'm eighteen and my sister is twenty and I walked into my room to find her going through my phone! There's nothing terrible on there but there's a few guys I've been texting (not dirtily but some saucy flirting) .

She's been through it before because she started mentioning names to me
of they guys I've been talking to, accusing me of sleeping around (not true). She could have only one through my phone to get the names because me and her aren't friends on facebook and we have no mutual friends whatsoever (told you we're not close).

Anyway I was in a bad mood anyway and she was also in there rifling through my wardrobe accusing me of stealing her dress (not true at all), and had thrown half my clothes on the floor.

Basically I went nuts, I started shouting about she was a ''fat bitch'' and how none of her clothes would fit me anyway because they'd be too big. She then accused me of shagging everybody (I've only ever slept with two people, both of whom I was in relationships with) I then proceeded to say how she was only with her boyfriend because she knew how nobody else would want her and that I couuldn't wait to go to Uni to get away from her. I also started saying how she would be stuck in this town for the rest of her life because none of the academys she applied for wanted her whereas I was going to London and how nobody wanted her. I also started shouting about how she treats our Dad like crap and how she only uses him for money.

I'm still fuming because I've never ever gone through someone's phone and the fact she's gone through mine fills me with fury as she's got the wrong end of the stick. I'm starting to wonder though, did I overreact? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow why does she care so much about who you talk to that she would search your phone. You did possibly overreact a bit, but in all fairness I think most of us would.
Reply 2
Uh, you're a tad psychotic.
Got to love a dysfunctional family
overreact much?
My brother once hit me with a cricket bat because I ate his kitkat.
Reply 6
Original post by Panda Vinnie
Got to love a dysfunctional family

Harsh...
You did over react, but she has no business at all going through your phone. None at all.
My sister went through my phone once a couple of years ago, so i threw hers down the stairs, snapping it in half in the process. I wouldn't worry about over reacting.
My sister did EXACTLY the same thing (going through my phone).
I found out last week when she started asking me about some guys (:teehee:) and called me a slag! (I'm honestly not).
and there's no way she'd have known about them without going through my phone.

However, I've simply just stopped talking to her. I think it's rude and an invasion of privacy, I've never done something like that to her so she had no reason to do it to me.

You were a bit harsh though OP.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by foreveryoung01
My sister went through my phone once a couple of years ago, so i threw hers down the stairs, snapping it in half in the process. I wouldn't worry about over reacting.

:rofl:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm eighteen and my sister is twenty and I walked into my room to find her going through my phone! There's nothing terrible on there but there's a few guys I've been texting (not dirtily but some saucy flirting) .

She's been through it before because she started mentioning names to me
of they guys I've been talking to, accusing me of sleeping around (not true). She could have only one through my phone to get the names because me and her aren't friends on facebook and we have no mutual friends whatsoever (told you we're not close).

Anyway I was in a bad mood anyway and she was also in there rifling through my wardrobe accusing me of stealing her dress (not true at all), and had thrown half my clothes on the floor.

Basically I went nuts, I started shouting about she was a ''fat bitch'' and how none of her clothes would fit me anyway because they'd be too big. She then accused me of shagging everybody (I've only ever slept with two people, both of whom I was in relationships with) I then proceeded to say how she was only with her boyfriend because she knew how nobody else would want her and that I couuldn't wait to go to Uni to get away from her. I also started saying how she would be stuck in this town for the rest of her life because none of the academys she applied for wanted her whereas I was going to London and how nobody wanted her. I also started shouting about how she treats our Dad like crap and how she only uses him for money.

I'm still fuming because I've never ever gone through someone's phone and the fact she's gone through mine fills me with fury as she's got the wrong end of the stick. I'm starting to wonder though, did I overreact? :s-smilie:

Cool story Bro
Reply 12
Reply 13
Original post by m0man

I've never laughed so loud at one of these pics before.
Reply 14
Get an iPhone and put a passcode on it.... no one will be able to read anything on it then.
Original post by Lewroll
My brother once hit me with a cricket bat because I ate his kitkat.

Lol...

I've had a plate thrown at me for cutting my brothers ethernet wire. I luckily dodged it but it was going straight towards me. I forget why I cut it but I'm pretty sure he had done something before which really pissed me off. Regardless of what has happened/ whats to happen I'll still have unconditional love for him.
Original post by Iorek

Original post by Iorek
Get an iPhone and put a passcode on it.... no one will be able to read anything on it then.

Because passcodes are exclusive to iPhones.

The one time my sister did this (to find out if I was dating someone) I took her phone incorrectly entered her passcode a few times until it got locked. Then I laughed all night while she tipped her bedroom upside down trying to find her PUK code.

But yeah, you should a little cuckoo. If I were your older sister I'd advise you to keep an eye open all night, because I'd be definitely coming for revenge.
No way!!! Pokemon silver was ****ing awesome! How dare you delete it!?

Did the brick hit you? :mmm:
Reply 18
I'm starting to feel bad for shouting, but I'm still outraged by the fact she went through my phone.
It's pathetic and out of order.
Original post by foreveryoung01

I read that as "so I threw her down the stairs"!!! :laugh:

OP I think you did overreact saying some of the stuff you did but at the same time she has no right and no reason whatsoever to be going through your phone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending