The Student Room Group

anyone else dropped out of college now?

i have... and i have no idea what i should do :frown:
its so depressing
ughhh!

Scroll to see replies

Apply to McDonalds, Nandos, Burger King, KFC etc. Get the job. Live the rest of your depressing life.
I have....

Found a job, but quit after 8 weeks because the pay was crap, and the hours were too long ( 12 our day, every day except sunday )... 100% commision ....

Now I'm un-employed and we can't claim JSA because our circumstances aren't bad enough.
Play World of Warcraft. No girlfriend, No job.
Reply 4
enough of the negativity ..anyone got good advice
?
Reply 5
Original post by saywhat111
?

Go back to school and make something of your life!
Well it makes sense to have a look at other college courses (if you didn't like A Levels, maybe an NVQ or something else) at your local college for September. In the mean time, try to find a job. However small at the moment, it will boost your CV and your bank balance at the same time, which can only be a good thing, right?
Reply 7
Original post by Bektas
Apply to McDonalds, Nandos, Burger King, KFC etc. Get the job. Live the rest of your depressing life.

STFU seriously. You're not helping at all.

I dropped out in October after suffering from depression for as long as I can remember and no longer being able to motivate myself to work. Even though I was predicted A/B grades in all subjects, I completely screwed up. I attempted to go back to resit but I just couldn't do it.
Luckily for me, I found a job quite quickly, though I hated it at first. Now I love it, but I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I'm currently in the process of trying to get back to education.

My advice? Find a job, doing something you can bear doing. Even just in retail. You might grow to hate it, or love it like me. But more than likely you will get fed up of being in the same position in your life and want to go back to school. But having a year out might be the best thing for you. I know it was for me, it helped me sort my head out greatly. Don't ever think that you're a failure though.
Reply 8
Original post by Tw1x
STFU seriously. You're not helping at all.

I dropped out in October after suffering from depression for as long as I can remember and no longer being able to motivate myself to work. Even though I was predicted A/B grades in all subjects, I completely screwed up. I attempted to go back to resit but I just couldn't do it.
Luckily for me, I found a job quite quickly, though I hated it at first. Now I love it, but I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I'm currently in the process of trying to get back to education.

My advice? Find a job, doing something you can bear doing. Even just in retail. You might grow to hate it, or love it like me. But more than likely you will get fed up of being in the same position in your life and want to go back to school. But having a year out might be the best thing for you. I know it was for me, it helped me sort my head out greatly. Don't ever think that you're a failure though.

Thanks I really needed that!
and im glad im not the only one going through this..it's good to know that you got a job :smile: i shall start hunting very soon!
:smile:
Thanks I really needed that!
and im glad im not the only one going through this..it's good to know that you got a job :smile: i shall start hunting very soon!:smile:

Go do it now!! :biggrin: Print off your CV, have some lunch and go to town and ask everywhere :smile:
?

lol at some of the answers...-.-

Theres no shame in dropping out, I myself droppped out after my first year of A levels, an felt lost/confused on what to do next.
Now i am doing very well in health and social care at college, an am going to university this year.
First why have you dropped out?-Not enjoying the course? Not doing the work ect...an why?

What interests you? any area of work you would like to get a job in? or any other course you want to do?
Take some time, think about what you want.
Like Tw1x suggested maybe get a job, or even just volenteer somewhere. Try things, get experiences but like i said think about what you want.
Then if you discover a course you to do/A levels to retake then you will probably be better off than when you first tried:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by bananacake14
Go do it now!! :biggrin: Print off your CV, have some lunch and go to town and ask everywhere :smile:

on my way! lool :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ColdInWinter
lol at some of the answers...-.-

Theres no shame in dropping out, I myself droppped out after my first year of A levels, an felt lost/confused on what to do next.
Now i am doing very well in health and social care at college, an am going to university this year.
First why have you dropped out?-Not enjoying the course? Not doing the work ect...an why?

What interests you? any area of work you would like to get a job in? or any other course you want to do?
Take some time, think about what you want.
Like Tw1x suggested maybe get a job, or even just volenteer somewhere. Try things, get experiences but like i said think about what you want.
Then if you discover a course you to do/A levels to retake then you will probably be better off than when you first tried:smile:

i dropped out because i just couldn't handle the pressure of it all! ..and my teacher was such a p*** he hates me and humiliates me all the time! :frown:/
and my courses are alright...though i might change them. I never ever want to return back to college again ! im looking for a 6th form at the moment and we'll see how that goes.

But thanks for your advice :smile: ..i will be looking and looking for work! im glad it went well for you! good luck with uni :smile:
Reply 13
If it was being at college that was getting you down, you could get a job and earn some money to take some home-study courses with the National Extension College :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by Bektas

look who's talking, a trent comp sci reject

@OP, you can start over in september, it's nothing out of the ordinary to apply to uni at age 19. I make it sound easy, in fact it probably isn't. Settling in with people one year younger than you does sound demoralizing! but it is for the best, No? :smile:

people apply to uni in their 30's... so don't feel left out. In fact I know someone in my biology class and he looks 20ish. No one picks on him
Reply 15
Original post by ilyking
look who's talking, a trent comp sci reject

@OP, you can start over in september, it's nothing out of the ordinary to apply to uni at age 19. I make it sound easy, in fact it probably isn't. Settling in with people one year younger than you does sound demoralizing! but it is for the best, No? :smile:

people apply to uni in their 30's... so don't feel left out. In fact I know someone in my biology class and he looks 20ish. No one picks on him

thank you :smile:
i will do that ..
i have... and i have no idea what i should do :frown:
its so depressing
ughhh!

Get an apprenticeshop or go and do a BTEC at college.

Both are far more useful than A levels if you don't intend to go to university, you can easily get good jobs from them.
Reply 17
i think ill stick to a levels! ..
i think ill stick to a levels! ..

Why?
Reply 19
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
Why?

i want a variety of choices when it comes to choosing uni courses!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending