The Student Room Group

Non-smokers, have you ever tried a cigarette?

Scroll to see replies

Nope.
Reply 41
Yeah I have smoked a few cigarettes, mostly while I was drunk, I didn't really dislike it to be honest, I grew up with my dad smoking so I suppose I'm used to it. I would never smoke actively though.

Mind you I haven't smoked since I was absolutely smashed one night and decided to power smoke two cigarettes (which I stole from a randomer) one after the other in about a minute and then projectile vomited outside the club I was at!
Reply 42
No, and I never will. Firstly because I just know I don't want to smoke and see no reason in trying just for the sake of it, secondly because I have very bad asthma and can't even be around people who smoke without my inhaler. So NO :tongue:
Reply 43
Yeah I have, it wasn't great so I didn't boter again really
No, and I want to keep that way thank you
Nope.
Yes. It was disgusting. Can't think why people would do that to themselves, not to mention it costs a lot.
Reply 47
No, really don't want to, it just looks disgusting.

Also I had a dream when I was younger that someone put an unlit cigarette in my mouth and it tasted vile. That probably has little to nothing to do with it but I like to think it does.
Reply 48
I wanted to try out of curiosity, kept on coughing for ages.
I choked. Both with cigarettes and cigars. Because I'm so badarse like that.
Reply 50
Wish I never did. I was 11 when I first tried it. 10 years later and I'm sat here with a nicotine patch on chewing my nails to the point of bleeding. Spent the day screaming at my family today all because of what i started 10 years ago.

People who say they want to try it. Don't. Your not missing anything. Even if you think you can have "just a couple" and not get addicted your probably wrong. You don't know if you will get addicted so it is better just not to bother. There just isn't any reason to try it.
Reply 51
No. Don't want to try it.
Yes, and I like them, but I can't afford to become addicted :pinch:
I assume from your phrasing that you are a smoker, may I ask you as to what the allures behind smoking are? I for one never saw the reasoning behind it.
So enlighten me! you smoky devil ;D
Reply 54
Twice, the last time being two years ago. I don't know how people get addicted, it didn't do anything for me and it tasted rubbish.
Reply 55
Unfortunately, yes. I was too drunk on those (three?) occasions to object, and I regret that I did. I can't remember really feeling anything, and just wished I had not, it is something I wished I hadn't done, but I did, so there you go.
Reply 56
A few times when i was drunk, tasted bad and i coughed loads, apparently people go through i stage of hating it before they like, why would anyone do that?
Reply 57
Yeah, not seriously though. I gave it a go on holiday when a girl offered me one, and I was trying to schmooz.

Won't ever do it properly I don't think.
I've tried it once. Had a couple of pulls on one, didn't feel anything, and I absolutely hated it. Plus I could still taste it in my lungs and on my teeth the next day. Horrible stuff, but I'm one of those people who has to try everything.
(edited 13 years ago)
Tobacco is for loosers. I occasionally smoke weed though. Nothing wrong with getting high on occasion.

Why the hell do people mix tobacco and weed? It's nasty imo.

Quick Reply

Latest