The Student Room Group

Girls who try so hard to be a lad. Why?

Scroll to see replies

The OP seems to imagine that everything women do or say is in an effort to attract him. Talk about taking self-delusion to the max. :wink:
Original post by IlexBlue
For the same reason you can't call a black guy ******, you idiot.

well, my black friends, and I have black people in my family on my fathers side, I call them that in banter, they call me cracker or honkie. Swings and roundabouts. Give and take. We all get on, we all have a laugh.

However, with the majority of women, apart from the exceptional few on here, they moan the moment you call them bitch even though they call each other it all the time in banter like ways.

This country is pathetic in every way. freedom of speech/human rights/discrimination to the extremes/judicial system/health and safety = bull****! bull****!

Murder = Life sentence

Attempted Murder = often 6-10 years

Damn, it should be life as well, always. They still tried to commit murder!

common sense in this country is non existant. Cant wait to GTFO!
Which guys say dude? That is the un-coolest thing ever.
Original post by Evangelica
Which guys say dude? That is the un-coolest thing ever.

Why do so many girls say it then?
Original post by Pink Bullets
The OP seems to imagine that everything women do or say is in an effort to attract him. Talk about taking self-delusion to the max. :wink:

im not the only man who thinks its unattractive, believe me. I've had mates look at some girls in disgust over their behaviour and use of language!
Man, I feel like a woman.
Also, why is 'Dude, Where's My Car?' about two men? not two women, or a man and a woman? Also, why if its supposed to be used by both genders wasn't the EQUALITY POLICE brought in to demand the producers to change the name or involve a woman character?
I presume you were watching a Jessie J video while posting this
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I presume you were watching a Jessie J video while posting this

shes a fake.

How can she do it like a dude when she cant even get an erect penis?

Fraud!
What is a 'lad'?! I see it used negatively so much on here, where I live, lad is just another word for male/bloke/boy
lad = boy
lass = girl
what's the other meaning? :confused:
Original post by un-besito
What is a 'lad'?! I see it used negatively so much on here, where I live, lad is just another word for male/bloke/boy
lad = boy
lass = girl
what's the other meaning? :confused:

there is no other meaning.

its used as an insult when someone is trying so hard to fit in with a group of boys or trying to show off :smile:
my friends and i do it to take the piss, haha. it's all, 'sup dude?' and 'hey man, how's it going'

basically we find it really really funny, so you should try not to take it so seriously. we're not trying to be guys when we say it, we're just taking the mickey.

lighten up a little, they might just be trying to impress you, OR they might be so used to it they don't notice it anymore. everyone does it, you can't expect all girls to talk like ladies.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
shes a fake.

How can she do it like a dude when she cant even get an erect penis?

Fraud!

IZ U DIZZY BLUD.

Seriously, why do girls, whether it be on facebook, via text messaging or in person, now often use male sayings such as lad, man, dude, brother.

Why do you use such sayings?

Don't you think its manly to say ' hey man, i'll catch you later because im off out. Speak later dude' I get this off girls all the time on facebook and its an instant turn off. It usually leads to the instant 'remove from friends' moment!

Women call each other their bitches or whatever else they say. If I were to say 'hey bitch, you okay?' you'd be livid with it! so why do you now all of a sudden think you're a bunch of Jessie J's who can 'do it like a dude'?

Im not even trolling. I would never get with a woman who addressed me as lad, ever! just as I would expect a girl never to get with me for addressing her as bitch!

i'll call a girl gorgeous, i'll call her beautiful, i'll call her precious, or whatever else I want to call her but the moment she says dude or lad im just like o.O

Seriously, one of the most attractive things about a woman is when she acts feminine but all I see in Britain these days 9/10 is women who want to act like men. Constantly swear, act like lads, speak like lads. What is the world coming to? We got women acting like lads and then men like Alex Reid trying to be women. FML!

Im also not against gays or lesbians or bisexuals because thats natural. If you were a man then act like a man regardless of sexuality. If you are a woman then act like a woman regardless of sexuality.

Why?

You see ,this is very simple. No more gentlemen= No more feminine women.
Its disappointing really.But there are a fair few that are regular.

Im being abit hypocritical really because im not feminine but thats just me i dont like shopping or c clothes or other regular girl stuff .I wouldsnt say man and other specific male terms. I say dude because it always seems appropriate to describe the person at hand it doesnt feel gender specific. I dont call people bitch babe etc i hate it id hate being called it.
Whats annoying is when those feminine girls that like makeup dresses etc talk and act masculine.Whats up with that?
personally i don't like girls calling me "mate" or anything like that, it just sounds wrong to me.

Likewise i don't call girls mate or pal or whatever, the closest i get is "love" :dontknow:
Original post by Drumzilla
personally i don't like girls calling me "mate" or anything like that, it just sounds wrong to me.

Likewise i don't call girls mate or pal or whatever, the closest i get is "love" :dontknow:

at least someone else has the backbone to admit it!
Original post by Destroyviruses
You see ,this is very simple. No more gentlemen= No more feminine women.
Its disappointing really.But there are a fair few that are regular.

Im being abit hypocritical really because im not feminine but thats just me i dont like shopping or c clothes or other regular girl stuff .I wouldsnt say man and other specific male terms. I say dude because it always seems appropriate to describe the person at hand it doesnt feel gender specific. I dont call people bitch babe etc i hate it id hate being called it.
Whats annoying is when those feminine girls that like makeup dresses etc talk and act masculine.Whats up with that?

they're the ones im on about.

they go out on the town on a night out all dressed up in a skirt, lip stick, make up etc, then they come out with things ' im going to the toilet one moment mate, hold my drink for me one mo' o.O

instead of 'will you hold my drink for me please one moment whilst I go to the toilet?'

where is courtesy and manners these days?

Fortunately, for the few real women out there, im sure that there are gentlemen like myself who want to meet them so keep being womanly because you are a lot more attractive than these ladettes.

It's uncool for guys (unless you're american) - in the same way it's uncool for guys to take posey pictures of themselves. Girls use it so much as a jokey way to refer to a friend that it's quite a girly thing. "Mate" is a very guyish thing to say, "dude" not so much. It's not just butch girls either lol. I'm generalising actually, what I mean to say is that I don't hear guys saying it and if one of my guy mates did, I'd find it weird.

Sorry I really didn't answer your question lol. Answer: maybe because of the amount of American tv shows we watch? Idk with my friends we usually say it as a pisstake. We're not laddish in the remote sense of the word either lol.
I'll have you know I use the word "dude" largely thanks to my Waynes World obsession.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending