The Student Room Group

Two young girls raped by 6 footballers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Psyk
That's incorrect. Having sex with a 12 year old is illegal even if you think they are over 16. So yes, they would have been convicted even if the jury thought they genuinely believed the girls to be over the age of consent.

There was a case a few months ago when a 19 year old was convicted for having sex with a 12 year old. All evidence pointed to the fact that he honestly thought she was 16. By the sounds of it the judge was convinced he believed she was 16, but had to follow the law and convict him anyway. The judge actually seemed pretty sympathetic and gave him the minimum sentence.

So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter what was in their minds, they would have been strictly guilty just as long as the girl happened to be underaged... Interesting, I didn't know that. So this is something that you guys think is unjust? I don't know adult-like this girl looked but the numbers side still doesn't sound right to me. 14, 15 years old.. maybe she could be thought to be 16. But 12?
Reply 281
Original post by Picaa
So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter what was in their minds, they would have been strictly guilty just as long as the girl happened to be underaged... Interesting, I didn't know that. So this is something that you guys think is unjust? I don't know adult-like this girl looked but the numbers side still doesn't sound right to me. 14, 15 years old.. maybe she could be thought to be 16. But 12?

It's only true for under 13s. It's not illegal to have sex with a 13 year old if you think they're 16.

I guess the reason the law is like this is because they figured there's practically no chance of mistaking a 12 year old for a 16 year old. Apparently not.
Original post by Denny Crane
I find it really hard to be sorry for the boys. What they did was wrong on so many levels. Even if the girls were 16, taking turns to do what they did in public shows the level of respect they have for women. And the one who have a 12yo sister wasn't thinking that that could of been his sisget did he? they're all as bad as each other, now just imagine what they will do if they made it to the big leagues and start making real money.

no disrespect it has got nothing to do with having no respect for women...trains have been run for years lol GIRLS LOVE SEX it's not just us...they got what they wanted although i do think the guys should be punished (if the girls genuinley do look 12)
Original post by Stefan1991
Ok so if that's not your main reason, what is? You just keep evading the question.

:facepalm:

Nobody except people like you call them 'private parts'. You sound like an immature 8 year old frankly.

You can't tell me what I can and can't do with my own body, you can do whatever you want with yours but it's your opinion if you think your genitalia is something to be ashamed of!

I'm not ashamed of the natural body I was born with and see no reason why I, or anyone else, should be.

I think you've fallen into the fallacy of thinking that just because we wear clothes we must be civilised. If anything that is backward thinking. Just because we wear clothes it doesn't make us any different from the animals we are. Clothes are there to keep us warm, nothing else.

What's wrong with someone ****ing anyone they like the look of if they want to aswell? Does that not fit into your antiquated idea of what being "civilised" is? :lol:

Being civilised is having respect and empathy for your common man, not your idea, which is trying to distance ourselves from animals, repressing our sexuality and pretending we aren't something we are as much as possible, that is just denying who we really are.

My main reason is that if for some reason I went round and had sex with 5 men in one night, I would be disgusted in myself, just an innate feeling. Therefore, I would be disgusted if someone else did it. I'm not saying they can't do it, it's just how I and quite a lot of people would feel about them.

People like me? I haven't used that term in I can't even remember how long, don't know if I've ever even used it! It just came into my mind and it's true, they are generally private areas of the body. Lmao I'm not ashamed of it, I just don't want a load of guys feeling me up thanks.

Surely acting like wild animals is backward thinking? Think you need to read up on evolution.

Okay, let's imagine we're animals then. Not many animals are in long term relationships, they're all just ****ing around, females are getting pregnant here and there and all the children don't know their fathers. The mothers have enough of their kids after a couple of years so abandon them. This is what the general animal system is, do you seriously think this is a good system for humans? I see you on other threads having a go at people for not sleeping around, but THIS is what would happen if we all did and never settled down. Why do you have a go at people who don't sleep around anyway? Is it because some of the girls you've tried to get with aren't into casual sex?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 284
Original post by pippa90
My main reason is that if for some reason I went round and had sex with 5 men in one night, I would be disgusted in myself, just an innate feeling. Therefore, I would be disgusted if someone else did it. I'm not saying they can't do it, it's just how I and quite a lot of people would feel about them.

How would you feel if you had sex with a woman? This is assuming you're straight, this isn't going to make sense otherwise :tongue:
Reply 285
Original post by pippa90
My main reason is that if for some reason I went round and had sex with 5 men in one night, I would be disgusted in myself, just an innate feeling. Therefore, I would be disgusted if someone else did it. I'm not saying they can't do it, it's just how I and quite a lot of people would feel about them. So you feel an innate irrational feeling that leads you to despise someone who is doing no harm? That's called prejudice. Look it up.

Original post by pippa90

People like me? I haven't used that term in I can't even remember how long, don't know if I've ever even used it! It just came into my mind and it's true, they are generally private areas of the body. Lmao I'm not ashamed of it, I just don't want a load of guys feeling me up thanks.
You obviously have some deep seated insecurity about your body.

Original post by pippa90

Surely acting like wild animals is backward thinking? Think you need to read up on evolution.

Okay, let's imagine we're animals then. Not many animals are in long term relationships, they're all just ****ing around, females are getting pregnant here and there and all the children don't know their fathers. The mothers have enough of their kids after a couple of years so abandon them. This is what the general animal system is, do you seriously think this is a good system for humans?
:facepalm: Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of contraception?
Idiots on this forum these days. :rolleyes:

Original post by pippa90

I see you on other threads having a go at people for not sleeping around, but THIS is what would happen if we all did and never settled down.
Nice straw man, where did I disagree with settling down? There's just obviously nothing wrong with sleeping around.
Original post by Psyk
How would you feel if you had sex with a woman? This is assuming you're straight, this isn't going to make sense otherwise :tongue:

How would I feel if I had sex with 5 women in one night? Lol I'd still be disgusted in myself :tongue: Btw before anyone negs me I previously said that I'd be disgusted if I slept with 5 men in one night. Just want to clear that up before anyone thinks I'm a homophobe :tongue:

So you feel an innate irrational feeling that leads you to despise someone who is doing no harm? That's called prejudice. Look it up.

You obviously have some deep seated insecurity about your body.

:facepalm: Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of contraception?
Idiots on this forum these days. :rolleyes:

Nice straw man, where did I disagree with settling down? There's just obviously nothing wrong with sleeping around.

Yeah I guess it is prejudice, but so are most other people about loads of different things.

Yes, because I don't sleep around means I'm insecure about my body. Can you actually hear what you're saying?

Did you not read fully what I said? You were moaning that we weren't embracing our animalistic ways, so I told you what it would be like if all of us did. This includes not settling down (whether or not you agree with it, most animals don't, who you suggested we succumb to be like), so if everyone is sleeping around like animals and using contraception then the human race would soon die out! Get it? Everyone's being animals, having loads of sex with randomers, using contraception, and never settling down. There will be very few offspring from this.

Even though contraception is often used, it can fail, resulting in pregnancy, and STIs, people can get hurt (emotionally). As I've said twice now if a woman is sleeping with several men a week, many who she won't even see again, then it's unlikely that she will know who the father of her child is. If contraceptions fails in a relationship then at least they will know who the father is, who may stay by the mother. Also, people who sleep around but still use contraception are still more likely to have an STI than someone who doesn't sleep around and also uses contraception.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 287
Funny how 4 of them are black eh?
Reply 288
Original post by pippa90
How would I feel if I had sex with 5 women in one night? Lol I'd still be disgusted in myself :tongue: Btw before anyone negs me I previously said that I'd be disgusted if I slept with 5 men in one night. Just want to clear that up before anyone thinks I'm a homophobe :tongue:

So you'd be ok with having sex with one woman?

Anyway my point was that just because you'd be disgusted with yourself for something, it doesn't mean you should be disgusted if someone else does it. I'd probably feel quite disgusted if I had sex with a man, but that doesn't mean I'd be disgusted by someone else doing it.
Original post by hslt
And you should be locked up for not reading the story. They sneaked out of a family party and then one of the mothers reported them missing to the police. The family can hardly tie them down, or do much more than tell the police when they realise they've gone!

****ing hell, if my daughter was that much of a slut, hell yeah I would.
The point is that they very badly raised their children. There is no way at the age of 12 any decently raised girl would think of sneaking out at 2am to **** five strangers.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 290
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
The point is that they very badly raised their children. There is no way at the age of 12 any decently raised girl would think of sneaking out at 2am to **** five strangers.

You're making a huge huge judgement on a family you know nothing about.
The likelihood is that she hasn't been raised well, but I'll bet you anything you like that other kids have been raised worse and come out better.

I imagine now her parents will be much more careful, I also imagine the girl will realise that this might not be normal behaviour. Frankly, for her to consider it normal behaviour suggests some kind of traumatic experience in her past. Not necessarily her parents fault and certainly not the kind of thing that any national newspaper would be legally allowed to report along side this story or attach to her in any way.
Thus we'll never know, and you could have just poored out a huge judgement in a way you have no right to.

On the other hand, you could be right. I just choose to reserve judgement, and was trying to stop people from exaggerating/falsifying what they've read to make it sound slightly worse, however trivial (such as saying she sneaked out at 2am, when in fact that is when she was found...)
Original post by Psyk
So you'd be ok with having sex with one woman?

Anyway my point was that just because you'd be disgusted with yourself for something, it doesn't mean you should be disgusted if someone else does it. I'd probably feel quite disgusted if I had sex with a man, but that doesn't mean I'd be disgusted by someone else doing it.

No, because I'm straight. But like you say I wouldn't be disgusted by anyone else who does.

I don't feel that I should be disgusted by other people who sleep with several people in a day though, I just am. It's not a decision, it's the initial thought. People can sleep around all they want, but what Stefan1991 or whatever his name is doesn't seem to understand is that I wouldn't have much respect for someone who engages in extreme sleeping around, like 5 people a night, twice a week for example :tongue: Maybe disgusted is the wrong word, and not having much respect should be the phrase used in this case?
I have no comebacks so I'll neg you instead.

I recollect you doing this to someone else too :rolleyes:
seriously wtf, what has the world come to =/

edit: ewww i just clicked the article, wtf is wrong with their faces
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

It's not just her family, it's the general terrible culture and social situation we live in.
Reply 295
[QUOTE="pippa90;30456722"]How would I feel if I had sex with 5 women in one night? Lol I'd still be disgusted in myself :tongue: Btw before anyone negs me I previously said that I'd be disgusted if I slept with 5 men in one night. Just want to clear that up before anyone thinks I'm a homophobe :tongue:

Yeah I guess it is prejudice, but so are most other people about loads of different things.

Original post by pippa90

Yes, because I don't sleep around means I'm insecure about my body. Can you actually hear what you're saying?

Did you not read fully what I said? You were moaning that we weren't embracing our animalistic ways, so I told you what it would be like if all of us did. This includes not settling down (whether or not you agree with it, most animals don't, who you suggested we succumb to be like),
It's not a suggestion, we are animals. You think bizarrely that the world will descend into chaos, just because someone is sleeping with more than one person per day. Which anyone with half a brain cell can see is complete prejudice, and utter tosh.

Original post by pippa90

so if everyone is sleeping around like animals and using contraception then the human race would soon die out! Get it? Everyone's being animals, having loads of sex with randomers, using contraception, and never settling down. There will be very few offspring from this.
:facepalm:

Original post by pippa90

Even though contraception is often used, it can fail, resulting in pregnancy, and STIs, people can get hurt (emotionally). As I've said twice now if a woman is sleeping with several men a week, many who she won't even see again, then it's unlikely that she will know who the father of her child is. If contraceptions fails in a relationship then at least they will know who the father is, who may stay by the mother. Also, people who sleep around but still use contraception are still more likely to have an STI than someone who doesn't sleep around and also uses contraception.

So you're suggestion is that nobody should ever have sex, just in case they get an STI or fall pregnant. That's like suggesting we never build cities incase an earthquake or tsunami happens. Someone on the pill and using a condom has a 0.00000001% of getting pregnant, or getting a serious STI for that matter. I actually doubt it's as much as that.

That still doesn't give you the right to discriminate and be prejudiced to people who sleep around, JUST because THEY might get an sti or THEY might get pregnant. And just because some other people are prejudiced, doesn't make it logical or right to be.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 296
The slags lied about the age. The lads were horny dogs, but should have still been cautious of their age, even 16 is a tad too close to the edge.

Lock them all up for 2/3 months!
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
no disrespect it has got nothing to do with having no respect for women...trains have been run for years lol GIRLS LOVE SEX it's not just us...they got what they wanted although i do think the guys should be punished (if the girls genuinley do look 12)

I would disagree. I know that they're young but that's no excuse. I had the opportunity to do what they did when I was 17, I didnt because I respected the girl as a human being and I have young girls in my family. I would have no problems with this if it was consenting adults, but the thought of 6 guys gangbanging even a 16yo just doesn't seem okay to me. A lot of young girls like alcohol, if I gave it to them does that make it ok?
Original post by hslt
You're making a huge huge judgement on a family you know nothing about.
The likelihood is that she hasn't been raised well, but I'll bet you anything you like that other kids have been raised worse and come out better.

I am not being 'judgemental', I am stating the facts: The girls were raised poorly.
If the mother was like Mother Teresa and a father was like Atticus Finch, they would hardly have had 12 year old girls that feel as though it is perfectly acceptable to sneak out of a party and **** some strangers. :facepalm:

Original post by hslt
I imagine now her parents will be much more careful, I also imagine the girl will realise that this might not be normal behaviour.

The damage has already been done.

Original post by hslt
Frankly, for her to consider it normal behaviour suggests some kind of traumatic experience in her past. Not necessarily her parents fault and certainly not the kind of thing that any national newspaper would be legally allowed to report along side this story or attach to her in any way.
Thus we'll never know, and you could have just poored out a huge judgement in a way you have no right to.

We have every right to pass judgement on something the media reports.
The girl that had sex with five of the men had a fake age on her Facebook page. At 12 years old, she should not have had a facebook page to begin with.

Original post by hslt
On the other hand, you could be right. I just choose to reserve judgement, and was trying to stop people from exaggerating/falsifying what they've read to make it sound slightly worse, however trivial (such as saying she sneaked out at 2am, when in fact that is when she was found...)

Let us not be so pedantic with regards to the time it happened.

Original post by autodidact
It's not just her family, it's the general terrible culture and social situation we live in.

It is so easy to always blame society in order to shift the responsibility to some vague concept.
Society is made up of individuals and it is the individual's fault here.
Reply 299
Those girls :lolwut:
imo it's not rape they said they were 16 and they were willing. Plenty of girls dress up and can look older than they actually are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending