The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Just seen the results on the polls so far. ffs :colonhash:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Nobody posts for nearly an hour then 3 members post within the same minute? :mute:

Ended up going with Kill Bill Volume 2 and Monsters Inc. Saving Inception for the summer. :teeth:

Ah, thanks!

This is going to be difficult. :holmes:

worse for me, chat thread seems to be most active and lively when I'm not, especially when I'm not even on tsr :indif:

Monsters Inc 2 will be a beast of a film. pun intended
Too much temptation in Play.com's sale :emo:

We need a Film Bargains thread akin to the Game Bargains thread so i can quickly see whats worth it without having to browse through the entirety of the sale sections :ninja:
Reply 183
Gordon-Levitt set to play Alberto Falcone, the son of Carmine Falcone.

Makes complete sense to be honest. Ties it with the last films rather nicely and brings it full circle.

JG-L looks perfect looks-wise for the role of Alberto Falcone.

Reply 184
Original post by elisabethbridge

Managed to finally see the Social Network as well, and really enjoyed it. In fact it was so good that it didn't even feel like two hours long, doesn't happen often. Speaking of Jesse Eisenberg (kind of), anyone seen Adventureland? Worth a watch?

It's OK. I found it rather bland.
Massively going back through the thread seeing as i was absent up until today.

Original post by Jace Falco
Just watched Battle Los Angeles. It was pretty good. What I couldn't help feeling, throughout the film, was "This would make a great video game." It feels like a cross between Crysis and Modern Warfare. I mean, there's even a bit where they have to hold a position against enemy forces for three minutes.

It might've done had they bothered to put any effort in.

Member postcounts for the previous thread:

Spoiler

Not bad :holmes:

Original post by Phalanges

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Yes. Dead man's chest was the best hands down, 3 was just a tad convoluted and the plot felt a bit all over the place, but I do think it was the 'grandest', had the best visuals and felt like more of an epic adventure film

Original post by Beska
I think I'm the only person in the world that things PoTC 3 was the best one of the trilogy... (well, what used-to-be-a-triology)

I think the only POTC film i've really liked is Curse of the Black Pearl. Whenever i've watched the other two i just end up drifting in and out of paying attention.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 186
Damn, I wanted 10th in the posting league, my football team are 10th in league two!
Limitless is the kind of film that is enjoyable but leaves you feeling cheated. It aspires to depth but wants to keep all of it's crowd-pleasing and happiness too. And it leaves gaping plot holes and just forgets crucial elements of the story (a hint; if you're making a film about addiction and introduce a powerful side effect don't forget about it after 5 minutes). Overall there's worse ways to spend a monday night but there's far more memorable ways. There was one scene that I really liked but a lot of the other editing appeared to be done on a shoestring - the neuron graphics looked outdated compared to the opening of Fight Club, which is at least a decade older.

Might write a more in-depth review of it later. If only because I want to vent about de Niro.
Balls.
Arnold Schwarzenegger may be in a tv show... hahahaha. I'm bored

Might write a more in-depth review of it later. If only because I want to vent about de Niro.

Was De Niro that bad?

Edit: I guess it would make sense for me to wait for your review to find out.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 191
Just signed up to LOVEFiLM, anyone else use it?
Original post by Cuckoo91

Original post by Cuckoo91
Was De Niro that bad?

Edit: I guess it would make sense for me to wait for your review to find out.

De Niro hasn't been good in years. But yeah, when I get round to writing you'll see what I mean. :p:
De Niro hasn't been good in years. But yeah, when I get round to writing you'll see what I mean. :p:

Hmmmm :rolleyes: lol

Are you sure it's not just the roles being written for him aren't up to the standard they used to be?
Just watched The Social Network, great film imo. Even though I missed some scenes because of other people asking me favors :angry:
Original post by The Cornerstone
Just watched The Social Network, great film imo. Even though I missed some scenes because of other people asking me favors :angry:

good film but kinda overhyped imo, I agree with the way David Fincher described it as a movie, rather than a film... check up on his actual quote about it if you want to see he means
Original post by lukejoshjedi
good film but kinda overhyped imo, I agree with the way David Fincher described it as a movie, rather than a film... check up on his actual quote about it if you want to see he means

Interesting, but I'm not sure where to find it, do you have a link or something?
Original post by cadaeibfeceh

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Are you sure it's not just the roles being written for him aren't up to the standard they used to be?

Don't think for one second that an actor of his stature would have any trouble getting decent roles if he wanted. He's probably the biggest sell-out in cinema, and I'm beginning to seriously wonder how much talent he's actually got left.

He was completely anonymous in this role. The film could have been made so much better and believable by someone like Michael Gambon playing it.
Don't think for one second that an actor of his stature would have any trouble getting decent roles if he wanted. He's probably the biggest sell-out in cinema, and I'm beginning to seriously wonder how much talent he's actually got left.

He was completely anonymous in this role. The film could have been made so much better and believable by someone like Michael Gambon playing it.

I dunno, are there really any good, serious roles being written for a man his age any more, especially ones which would get funding?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending