The Student Room Group

Would you find someone who speaks 16 languages attractive or a geek?

Scroll to see replies

If they can speak Spanish then I'll find them attractive, some sexy language :sexface:
Surely there is something more constructive they could have done?

After 5 languages do you really need to speak any more?
I wouldn't find them anything. A little more interesting maybe.
Reply 83
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
Surely there is something more constructive they could have done?

After 5 languages do you really need to speak any more?

I speak 5 but Id like to learn at least one more (Spanish or Chinese) :biggrin: but as someone mentioned before, it gets pretty tricky when u start mixing them :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by AlexejKir
I speak 5 but Id like to learn at least one more (Spanish or Chinese) :biggrin: but as someone mentioned before, it gets pretty tricky when u start mixing them :biggrin::biggrin:

I'd die happy if I could learn a second language - either Slovak or Russian.

Good luck though :smile:
If he constantly started talking to me in different languages all the time, i would get p'd off. :/
Reply 86
French and Italian sound sexy so if they were 2 of the 16 then yes :smile:
Reply 87
I'd die happy if I could learn a second language - either Slovak or Russian.

Good luck though :smile:

might help u with that, i speak both :biggrin: and basically if you speak Slovak, its really close to Czech so u got one more :biggrin:
I reckon they'd be a bit of a ****.
Original post by humble_bumble
If he constantly started talking to me in different languages all the time, i would get p'd off. :/

I must be really tired, but, I read that as if you said you'd rip your clothes off :confused:
Original post by AlexejKir
might help u with that, i speak both :biggrin: and basically if you speak Slovak, its really close to Czech so u got one more :biggrin:

Was Russian hard? I've learnt a few words and have been going over the alphabet but it's intimidating, without a doubt.
Reply 91
Original post by Irrelevance
How do you say "trolololol OP" in Icelandic?

They wouldn't bother to translate it.
I don't know why people are claiming 16 languages is something special.

I am fluent in 34 languages (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) and have rudimentary knowledge of another 50+ (and excluding regional dialects). If you dedicate all your spare time to learning these languages with a trusted local language tutor then it really isn't anything major.

My life ambition is to be an expert (D.Phil level) on dozens of nations' culture, music, politics, media, history, and languages.

Apart from Welsh. I'm not that desperate. :rolleyes:
Unattractive for me tbh, shows capability but your cultural interests are spread too thinly. I want to learn more but I desperately don't want to lose any touch whatsoever with French.
I must be really tired, but, I read that as if you said you'd rip your clothes off :confused:

... Really don't see how you got that :tongue:

So yes, you are tired :smile: Unless that is what you do when annoyed? :tongue:
I'd think they were lying but I'd be secretly impressed :awesome:
Reply 96
Was Russian hard? I've learnt a few words and have been going over the alphabet but it's intimidating, without a doubt.

well I cheated a bit, my parents spoke russian so they basically taught me when I was a little boy.. and they keep speaking to me in russian so i dont forget.. but its not that hard, most of the Slavic languages are close to each other with grammar so its easier to learn Russian when u know Polish/Czech/Slovak etc than learning German (with the same languages)

thats why I got stuck with spanish :/ just cant crack it...
Original post by humble_bumble
... Really don't see how you got that :tongue:

So yes, you are tired :smile: Unless that is what you do when annoyed? :tongue:

One of life's mysteries :smile:

I can assure the viewing public that I don't do that, honest.
Original post by jismith1989
I'd call you a liar and ask you to stop promoting your shoddy website on our forum.

This. Learning 16 languages is pretty much waste of time and life.
Reply 99
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I don't know why people are claiming 16 languages is something special.

I am fluent in 34 languages (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) and have rudimentary knowledge of another 50+ (and excluding regional dialects). If you dedicate all your spare time to learning these languages with a trusted local language tutor then it really isn't anything major.

My life ambition is to be an expert (D.Phil level) on dozens of nations' culture, music, politics, media, history, and languages.

Apart from Welsh. I'm not that desperate. :rolleyes:

You make me giggle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending