The Student Room Group

Medical School - Getting kicked out

Im currently in 2nd year at med school and I've previously had 2 warnings from the head of med school in regards to my behaviour. Recently though, I took a new approach and decided that I'm going to turn over a new leaf. I've improved a lot in both my behaviour and academically. However, the most senior person in my med school wants an interview with me this Friday. I don't know what to do, I'm worried they are going to kick me out.. for what reason I do not know. How likely is it for a medical school to kick students out?
well according to me calculations its 9.8%

seriously though, it would depend on exactly what you did in the past. All the best :smile:
Original post by Audrey*Hepburn
Im currently in 2nd year at med school and I've previously had 2 warnings from the head of med school in regards to my behaviour. Recently though, I took a new approach and decided that I'm going to turn over a new leaf. I've improved a lot in both my behaviour and academically. However, the most senior person in my med school wants an interview with me this Friday. I don't know what to do, I'm worried they are going to kick me out.. for what reason I do not know. How likely is it for a medical school to kick students out?

DUDE :confused:, i know its hard but you just gotta wait and see what they say to you, if they did not kick you out then and if over the past while you have gotten alot better i doubt they would kick you out but i dunno. You have to understand that their reaction is justified. You are a future doctor and this is not secondary school. Its medical school, you are an adult and tbh their are poeple who have wanted to be docs for all their lives and did not get in and yet their are spaces being filed by people who dont seem to deserve it. Dont get me wrong i dunno what you did and i am in no way suggesting you should be kicked out or are a waste of a space but you need to kick it up a notch. Maybe speek to your tutor and tell them how worried you are. Hope it goes ok for you man, the very best of luck (Apologies for the rant lol).

EDIT, wow re-reading it i sound like a dick lol we all make mistakes i guess, hope all goes well for you dude, best of luck again.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
What did you do?
Depends on how severe your previous actions were, and how well you're doing currently at turning over 'a new leaf'.

Good luck though.
Reply 5
They don't want to chuck you out, they saw enough in you to give you a place. As long as you can prove to them that you have turned over a new leaf then you'll be fine I think :biggrin: Best of Luck!
Reply 6
Original post by KCosmo
They don't want to chuck you out, they saw enough in you to give you a place. As long as you can prove to them that you have turned over a new leaf then you'll be fine I think :biggrin: Best of Luck!

If he's broken the law/GMC guidance in any kind of serious way, it won't matter how much they wanted him in the first place.

That said, from my experience it's relatively rare for people to actually get forced off a medicine course. But that's mostly because medical students realise that they have some responsibility to get themselves through it and not piss about too much.

OP, I don't know what you have done and of course nobody can tell you what this meeting will be about or how likely you are to get kicked out. Go into it maturely, listen to whatever they have to say and answer sensibly. Try not to panic and get too defensive in advance. Good luck.
don't mean to spam but I am very interested in what this guy has done bad? I'm guessing it would help people answer the question as well?
Reply 8
Original post by Audrey*Hepburn

How did your meeting go?:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending