The Student Room Group

Rebecca Black Cried Over Nasty Comments

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power

Original post by paddy__power
Yes it is a crap song, no that does not make her a crap person.

Makes her an awful person?
Original post by yoyo462001
Makes her an awful person?

No.
poor girl
Original post by Stasiaxx
I don't think there is anyway in this world that i can make you understand, so i am sorry for troubling you.

You could start by re-wording it to make sense? :redface:
Original post by mikeylfc1989
You could start by re-wording it to make sense? :redface:

Ok, throughout the recent years there have been many songs which have caused a lot of histeria, which people have loved and hated equally such as: The crazy frog, rihanna 'umbrella' and most recently friday.

If we ask ourselves why did we put ourselves through this, was it because we simply liked the song at the time and got bored. If so why are there some songs we never bore of?

Maybe the videos or the subject we bored off. (A frog on a motorbike does sound mildly amusing.However the the world isn't done with 'RB' and Rihanna yet.)

Just as the composition of a song can emote happiness, sadness... would it be possible for the composition of the song ie the tempo, the length of verses a hiatus... to make the song; catchy? a classic? a hit?

and yes there are many artists who can do this out of sheer ability.

However if by putting the right devices together you could construct a timeless hit. Then record labels could create a catchy song that sticks in your head, that you will never get bored of/never get old and everyone will want.(and by never get old i mean different generations of a family listening to the same music.)

Just like creating a formula to predict the lottery numbers, every song created would be a universal hit and generate millions in revenue.

This is all a theory of course, and you asked for it twice.:smile:
Reply 165
Meh

Bieber has had a lot worse, and he can actually sing even if his music is crap.
Just saw the video of singing the national anthem and it's nothing special. But I just wanted to point the first comment. Someone wrote: Rebecca, we dont hate you cuz' your famous, your famouse cuz' we hate you.

:laugh:
Original post by Stasiaxx
Ok, throughout the recent years there have been many songs which have caused a lot of histeria, which people have loved and hated equally such as: The crazy frog, rihanna 'umbrella' and most recently friday.

If we ask ourselves why did we put ourselves through this, was it because we simply liked the song at the time and got bored. If so why are there some songs we never bore of?

Maybe the videos or the subject we bored off. (A frog on a motorbike does sound mildly amusing.However the the world isn't done with 'RB' and Rihanna yet.)

Just as the composition of a song can emote happiness, sadness... would it be possible for the composition of the song ie the tempo, the length of verses a hiatus... to make the song; catchy? a classic? a hit?

and yes there are many artists who can do this out of sheer ability.

However if by putting the right devices together you could construct a timeless hit. Then record labels could create a catchy song that sticks in your head, that you will never get bored of/never get old and everyone will want.(and by never get old i mean different generations of a family listening to the same music.)

Just like creating a formula to predict the lottery numbers, every song created would be a universal hit and generate millions in revenue.

This is all a theory of course, and you asked for it twice.:smile:

You are quite possibly the coolest person on planet earth. :smile:
I half agree with you, pop songs are generic, similar and seem to follow a simple formula.

Reminds me of this-

For a song to be timeless it has to have depth and to be creative though. No formula for that, just talent.
(edited 13 years ago)
its got crap lyrics, overly autotuned. um... I think it would help if the producers just didnt bother releasing this
Original post by mikeylfc1989
You are quite possibly the coolest person on planet earth. :smile:
I half agree with you, pop songs are generic, similar and seem to follow a simple formula.

Reminds me of this-

For a song to be timeless it has to have depth and to be creative though. No formula for that, just talent.

Loved that video listened to it 3 times now, and i've just hit play again.I swear i have half them songs on my phone-and now i can listen to all of them in 5 minutes.

And i of course agree that a timeless hit just comes out of pure talent and an amazing voice.

Quick Reply

Latest