The Student Room Group

Do you lie about your weekend activities?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SAK.A
You know the usual waking up at 3am in the morning and finding bodies on the floor of your house which is in the middle of nowhere.

As opposed to 3am in the afternoon? :wink:
Reply 21
Original post by History-Student
As opposed to 3am in the afternoon? :wink:

Eminem - 3am...
I just tell people that I had a pleasant but uneventful weekend; it wouldn't do for them to know about the drug-fuelled S&M parties I go to, would it? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

If somebody who I really don't feel like talking to asks me, I'll just say I did nothing, regardless.
Reply 24
Original post by Expecto_Patronum
If somebody who I really don't feel like talking to asks me, I'll just say I did nothing, regardless.

sex in hagrids barn
No... my friends know I go to a dance class all day Saturday and some of Sunday. Not that I would anyway.
Original post by Cringe
sex in hagrids barn

*Hut.
Reply 27
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
It's difficult to lie about surfing TSR, looking for ways to inflate my ego..

:getmecoat:

gtfo VEgeta:smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Expecto_Patronum
*Hut.

with snape he does hav a sexy voice
The people of the student room in being social retards shocker.
Yeah. But only because most of my friends go out partyin' every weekend and I'm not realy into the whole partying and getting drunk thing, so I just lie and say I went out to see some "friends", or must of the time I just say I had a lot of homework and coursework to do.
Reply 31
Never, wouldn't even cross my mind, though if I don't go out I tend to give really vague answers.
Reply 32
Original post by izemjo
Last week, I read two articles about adults lying to their friends/collegues about their week ends (what they have been doing). They stated that they were not confident to say the truth or "did not want to bore the one who asked" (I think the last argument is the same as the first; if you are confident you'll say you've been sitting on the couch watching movies the whole weekend and won't be bothered).

Personally, I don't understand why people should lie about such a banal theme. You cannot do something awesome every single weekend. Weekends are there for resting (especially for adults who work full-time during the week) and gathering new energy.

Now I am curious to find out if our generation (say 16 to 26 year-old-students) is making up things about their Saturdays and Sundays. Do you? Why? Discuss.

I'm always WELL proud of my 10 hours on Battlefield 2, 5 hours of old films and 3 hours of how I met your mother episodes.
:biggrin: Love my life! :biggrin:
Reply 33
I tend to keep it quiet; I mean, if they discovered the real reason I was laying that patio on Sunday afternoon or where I got the money to buy that new car then I would be in serious trouble, wouldn't I? What I grow on my allotment is none of your business.

The low key is the best key.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Gemma :)!
I hardly ever do anything at the weekend because I live in a tiny village with no-one for miles around and rubbishy public transport links. And everyone knows that, so it's fine.

Theres loads to do in Liverpool though so how can you get bored? just asking?
Reply 35
one of tutors always asks us on the first day back in college what we had been up to on the weekend, winds me up sometimes tbh ,sometimes I will make something up though as I can see other people in class do the same
Original post by berryboysh
Theres loads to do in Liverpool though so how can you get bored? just asking?

Don't actually live in Liverpool, it's just the closest place I can say without having to answer the "where the hell is that" question.

It'd take me two hours to get to Liverpool on our public transport. And, to be honest, I'd prefer to sit in all day lol!
Reply 37
Original post by Gemma :)!
Don't actually live in Liverpool, it's just the closest place I can say without having to answer the "where the hell is that" question.

It'd take me two hours to get to Liverpool on our public transport. And, to be honest, I'd prefer to sit in all day lol!

Thats quite a journey travelling 2 hours every day to get into Liverpool, at least you having temporary accommodation that saves a lot of hassle of having to get there. I like Liverpool, i like the shopping center (St Johns) and the sea front there in the summer and the museum (the one by the uni, marintine i think its called). It'd take me 40minutes to drive there or about 2 hours on public transport
Reply 38
This is an interesting thread... I don't think I'd lie about my weekend activities :smile: But no one really asks me. Hmm... I feel socially ostracised now :wink: but to be fair when I was at home I worked all weekend...The question is usually more "how was your weekend"
Reply 39
Original post by ch0llima
I tend to keep it quiet; I mean, if they discovered the real reason I was laying that patio on Sunday afternoon or where I got the money to buy that new car then I would be in serious trouble, wouldn't I? What I grow on my allotment is none of your business.

The low key is the best key.

Brap Brap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending