The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Leeds or york uni for insurance.. they both want similar ib grades. I know York arguably has a better reputation as a uni but i know that leeds is very very good for economics hence this year they ask for aaa and that their econ department is really big with good teaching and facilities.. however i still can't decide.. any ideas :smile:??
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by mlsdbk
Leeds or york uni for insurance.. they both want similar ib grades. I know arguably has a better reputation as a uni but i know that leeds is very very good for economics hence this year they ask for aaa and that their econ department is really big with good teaching and facilities.. however i still can't decide.. any ideas :smile:??

I'd still go for York tbh. Unless you want a big city university lifestyle.
Been to UCL open day and kinda impressed really . The people were great not to mention the sheer size of the uni , and it seems as if the students are quite welcoming . Mmm , anyone , UCL or LSE economics ? And there is this society called EFS , its really fantastic ! Well .....will see and the admissions tutor literally confirmed that we are now guaranteed offers for being invited and attending so its good really !:biggrin:
Original post by Wezzler
yeh i thought this which has put me quite alot off soton now, notts, bristol, leicester, soton, have offers from all of them but i'm still waiting on bham which i want as my insurance over soton.

Replying on here to your PM because your inbox is full.

"2.1 should be pretty easy to achieve with sufficient work. I feel the department is pretty **** to be honest but I have nothing to compare it to.

I never visited Bristol before I came here and had I visited, I wouldn't have come. The city is really nice but the facilities are pretty shait. There are literally like 60 computers in the Arts and Social Sciences library. The libary is just generally too small, and you often find nowhere to sit during lunch or when you are chilling between lectures.

I will just stick it out as the career prospects are good but I don't think I will have had a good as experience as I would have had at say a uni like Notts which has a much bigger Economics department."
Original post by LZRSWRD
Replying on here to your PM because your inbox is full.

"2.1 should be pretty easy to achieve with sufficient work. I feel the department is pretty **** to be honest but I have nothing to compare it to.

I never visited Bristol before I came here and had I visited, I wouldn't have come. The city is really nice but the facilities are pretty shait. There are literally like 60 computers in the Arts and Social Sciences library. The libary is just generally too small, and you often find nowhere to sit during lunch or when you are chilling between lectures.

I will just stick it out as the career prospects are good but I don't think I will have had a good as experience as I would have had at say a uni like Notts which has a much bigger Economics department."

When I visited Bristol I had seen the ground floor computer room and it was PACKED, maybe 30-40 computers and a person at each, in a relatively small room. The guy leading us on the tour had essentially said competition is fierce there. The Library also seemed pretty packed.
Original post by Glen_Nichols
When I visited Bristol I had seen the ground floor computer room and it was PACKED, maybe 30-40 computers and a person at each, in a relatively small room. The guy leading us on the tour had essentially said competition is fierce there. The Library also seemed pretty packed.

Yeah pretty pants tbh. And the libaries aren't open 24 hours a day, the only thing that is - is the 24 hour computer room which for the whole uni has about 30 computers max...
Original post by a2student01
Which one should I choose, Exeter or York?

what were your offers?

i got AAB york and A*AA Exeter... which would it kind of hard to choose....
Reply 2127
Anyone got an offer from the top 10 without A level economics?
Original post by sqwerty
Anyone got an offer from the top 10 without A level economics?

Bristol<
I just firmed UCL's conditional, rejected Bristol's and insured Warwick's. God am I nervous now!! I hope I meet UCL's condition!! :-/
Reply 2130
anyone still waiting on LSE?
Original post by Maya1234

Yep - 5 months and counting, this is ridiculous - I'm been lobbed into the gathered field and I'm just waiting to hear, it's been so damn long! You in the field too? :smile:
Original post by Maya1234

Original post by goldlock
Yep - 5 months and counting, this is ridiculous - I'm been lobbed into the gathered field and I'm just waiting to hear, it's been so damn long! You in the field too? :smile:

Me too, been waiting so long... :frown:
how do you know if your in the gathered field?
Original post by lemonade789
Me too, been waiting so long... :frown:
how do you know if your in the gathered field?

They emailed me in January - obviously it's not important since you're waiting for them to answer you at this very, very late stage (and I take it you're not in the field!) - I would have thought they'd only had people like me left to decide on but evidently not :s-smilie:
Reply 2134
Are there anyone still waiting for Warwick? :s-smilie:
Reply 2135
Original post by s2004060

yuppp
Original post by s2004060

Got my rejection through yesterday, just waiting to find out the reason for rejecting me now!
Rejection from warwick. she-ite
Original post by a2student01
Which one should I choose, Exeter or York?

Exeter, generally better course and better prospects. Also I think I'd prefer the Exeter campus, it's a bit more lively. When I visited York they seemed really unenthusaistic and the economics talk was a bit rubbish.
Reply 2139
Leeds or york uni for insurance.. they both want similar ib grades. I know York arguably has a better reputation as a uni but i know that leeds is very very good for economics hence this year they ask for aaa and that their econ department is really big with good teaching and facilities.. however i still can't decide.. any ideas ??

Latest

Trending

Trending