The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've only played around on the hd but I imagine the thing you describe on the normal desire is also there on the hd... but honestly it's not worth getting rid of it for :P
It's not lag I imagine they're describing really, just a small difference in motion. I can't entirely describe it, but using an ios device straight after using my desire feels a bit "smoother", as noted I don't care though. It's barely anything.
Original post by mikeyd85
Could this be the answer to all Motorola phone owners prayers? I hope so, because a custom ROM on an Atrix has potential.

I was about to post the same link :wink: Really hopeful :smile:
Original post by Installation
It's not lag I imagine they're describing really, just a small difference in motion. I can't entirely describe it, but using an ios device straight after using my desire feels a bit "smoother", as noted I don't care though. It's barely anything.

I'd imagine that's the difference between a hardware accelerated UI vs a software rendered UI.

Original post by wizard710
I was about to post the same link :wink: Really hopeful :smile:

A Vanilla Tegra device would be awesome. Saying that, the LG Optimus 2Gx released on T-Mob US is that, and as it's the same hardware as the 2X, I'm hoping that the XDA lot put 2 + 2 together and make me a Vanilla 2X.
Sure, I don't know.

Sure, I don't know.

It probably is just the UI acceleration, play angry birds on a desire and iphone and theres no difference. Try using Launcher Pro and you'll see how much more fluid your phone will feel especially on the home screen.
Original post by yoyo462001
It probably is just the UI acceleration, play angry birds on a desire and iphone and theres no difference. Try using Launcher Pro and you'll see how much more fluid your phone will feel especially on the home screen.

If you'd told me 10 years ago I'd be talking about the benefits of hardware acceleration on mobile phone UIs... well... I'd probably believe you... but it's still mental!
Engadget fanboys :facepalm2:
It would have been a miracle we would have been talking about UIs and various other things that are now second nature.

I do have launcher pro.
Probably getting a DHD in the next few weeks. I'm thinking of buying another battery so that I carry two batteries around to counter-act the poor battery life. Another DHD owners do this ? Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.
Original post by Mr Incognito
Probably getting a DHD in the next few weeks. I'm thinking of buying another battery so that I carry two batteries around to counter-act the poor battery life. Another DHD owners do this ? Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.

I did this and I've never used my second battery. If you root it and get a custom ROM on it you will never have to worry about battery life. Mine's been unplugged for 9 hours now with 1 hour 34 mins of screen on time and I've still got 70% left. That's pretty good IMO.
Cheers for the responses
Will definitely get a custom ROM on it but will also get a second battery just to be safe and seeing as they are only around a fiver. I see myself using it quite a lot on the way to college/during breaks.

I would for mine but swapping out batteries is something I wouldn't want to do, simply because those damn plastic covers are hard to remove, i've only done it twice so far. I carry a usb charger in my bad most of the time but i'm never really in a situation where it's too much of a problem.
Original post by AugustWestie
I did this and I've never used my second battery. If you root it and get a custom ROM on it you will never have to worry about battery life. Mine's been unplugged for 9 hours now with 1 hour 34 mins of screen on time and I've still got 70% left. That's pretty good IMO.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to rooting this baby soon. My battery life can vary, like today random apps were eating it up, im not sure if It was because I was messing so much but it went from 50% to 10% in the space of 2 hours. I forced closed the messageCS service and restarted it and so far the drain has been normal so I imagine it just went a big crazy.
Seems like HTC did have it's act together all along. Evo 3D

1.2GHz Qualcomm
3D (glasses-less)
3D video recording @ 720p
2D video recording @ 1080p
qHD 960x540

The HTC pyramid I reckon will be the Desire HD successor later in the year, I imagine an EVO 3D with no 4G or 3D.

/spam
(edited 13 years ago)
Ugh... "3D". That's ruined it.
Original post by Mad Vlad

Took the words from my keyboard. I'd pay extra to avoid 3D. It's a nuisance.

What happened to mobile phone projectors we were promised a couple of years ago
(edited 13 years ago)

Just turn off the 3D mode. I'm very tempted with this phone... Granted it's not Tegra 2 (which I feel will have better game optimisation), but it'll still fly compared to my Hero!

Original post by G8D
The Android powered Samsung Beam didn't really pick up consumer momentum.

That looked so awful, just like sprint dual screen phone. I couldn't believe they thought it was viable. IT was massive and the projection was utter non-sense not to mention having to hold you hand steady to use it properly. The thing with 3D is you can always turn it off and there's little else you sacrifice. I guess it would be fun going to your iPhone friends and say 'can your phone do this?'
Seems like HTC did have it's act together all along. Evo 3D

1.2GHz Qualcomm
3D (glasses-less)
3D video recording @ 720p
2D video recording @ 1080p
qHD 960x540

The HTC pyramid I reckon will be the Desire HD successor later in the year, I imagine an EVO 3D with no 4G or 3D.

/spam

:woop:

Can't you just turn off the 3D like on the the LG Optimus 3D?

Original post by mikeyd85
Just turn off the 3D mode. I'm very tempted with this phone... Granted it's not Tegra 2 (which I feel will have better game optimisation), but it'll still fly compared to my Hero!

Agreed. 6 Months until my contract is out :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending