The Student Room Group

Girls who try so hard to be a lad. Why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mm_Minty
Because IQ is sooooooo accurate! :rolleyes:
How does calling you an idiot make me a feminist supremacist? Surely it makes me an intelligence supremacist? I didn't mention anything about your gender in the post - unlike you, who thinks that girls shouldn't be able to say certain words simply because of their gender.
For someone who claims to be intelligent, you don't seem to have that much of a grasp on things, love.

This guy's trolling haha, relax Minty.
Reply 141
Well I am going to explain what this guy wanted to say:-

Suppose you met a guy who tries to act like a girl.. how will you feel about that??

In the way some guy's notice and feel weird about girls trying to act like guys... This simple thing he might actually want to say.

And dude, many girls say these words just because to of style, as they see guys talking like that and they like the way so they try to be like that impressive. They just don't think that in actually its just like a guy acting and speaking like a girl.
And now a days most of the girls are trying to be cool in this way so most ppl don't mind it.

And it their personal choice how they want to speak and which words they want to say.

If you are not comfertable with that then find another girls.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace

:- )
Reply 142
Original post by aliluvschoc
If someone is male, is it really wrong to call him a dude?

Love your sig :')

:sexface: :sexface: :sexface:
Soz lad.
Original post by Straight up G

Ssssshhhh!

I'm not supposed to know!!! You'll blow my cover!!!
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
they're the ones im on about.

they go out on the town on a night out all dressed up in a skirt, lip stick, make up etc, then they come out with things ' im going to the toilet one moment mate, hold my drink for me one mo' o.O

instead of 'will you hold my drink for me please one moment whilst I go to the toilet?'

where is courtesy and manners these days?

Fortunately, for the few real women out there, im sure that there are gentlemen like myself who want to meet them so keep being womanly because you are a lot more attractive than these ladettes.

I miss the 18th centuary!
girls who act like guys are simply whores with a personality disorder seeking attention and cocks.
Original post by Straight up G

im not trolling, im being serious. Girls who act like men are unattractive!
Ssssshhhh!

I'm not supposed to know!!! You'll blow my cover!!!

Ohhh sorry. Secret anti-trolling agent?
Original post by Peachykeen09
that makes more sense haha

and i totally agree :cool:

Yep, it's funny how bad their 'badman' impressions are.
Seriously, why do girls, whether it be on facebook, via text messaging or in person, now often use male sayings such as lad, man, dude, brother.

Why do you use such sayings?

Don't you think its manly to say ' hey man, i'll catch you later because im off out. Speak later dude' I get this off girls all the time on facebook and its an instant turn off. It usually leads to the instant 'remove from friends' moment!

Women call each other their bitches or whatever else they say. If I were to say 'hey bitch, you okay?' you'd be livid with it! so why do you now all of a sudden think you're a bunch of Jessie J's who can 'do it like a dude'?

Im not even trolling. I would never get with a woman who addressed me as lad, ever! just as I would expect a girl never to get with me for addressing her as bitch!

i'll call a girl gorgeous, i'll call her beautiful, i'll call her precious, or whatever else I want to call her but the moment she says dude or lad im just like o.O

Seriously, one of the most attractive things about a woman is when she acts feminine but all I see in Britain these days 9/10 is women who want to act like men. Constantly swear, act like lads, speak like lads. What is the world coming to? We got women acting like lads and then men like Alex Reid trying to be women. FML!

Im also not against gays or lesbians or bisexuals because thats natural. If you were a man then act like a man regardless of sexuality. If you are a woman then act like a woman regardless of sexuality.

Why?

Okay so its allright for you to call girls patronising things like 'precious' but when a girl says 'dude' its instantly recognized as 'manly' and is an instant turn off?? Why do girls have to be this 100% feminine ideal all the time? :angry: More often than not when a girl addresses someone as dude it will be in a friendly or jokey way.
Seriously, why do girls, whether it be on facebook, via text messaging or in person, now often use male sayings such as lad, man, dude, brother.

Why do you use such sayings?

Don't you think its manly to say ' hey man, i'll catch you later because im off out. Speak later dude' I get this off girls all the time on facebook and its an instant turn off. It usually leads to the instant 'remove from friends' moment!

Women call each other their bitches or whatever else they say. If I were to say 'hey bitch, you okay?' you'd be livid with it! so why do you now all of a sudden think you're a bunch of Jessie J's who can 'do it like a dude'?

Im not even trolling. I would never get with a woman who addressed me as lad, ever! just as I would expect a girl never to get with me for addressing her as bitch!

i'll call a girl gorgeous, i'll call her beautiful, i'll call her precious, or whatever else I want to call her but the moment she says dude or lad im just like o.O

Seriously, one of the most attractive things about a woman is when she acts feminine but all I see in Britain these days 9/10 is women who want to act like men. Constantly swear, act like lads, speak like lads. What is the world coming to? We got women acting like lads and then men like Alex Reid trying to be women. FML!

Im also not against gays or lesbians or bisexuals because thats natural. If you were a man then act like a man regardless of sexuality. If you are a woman then act like a woman regardless of sexuality.

Why?

Most women who use those terms are doing it to take the piss, and the ones that aren't do it because it's catchy. Men who use words like 'bitch' and 'hoe' with malicious and oppressive intent are chauvinist idiots who deserve to die :h:

PS Sexual preference has nothing to do with personal identity
im not trolling, im being serious. Girls who act like men are unattractive!

And "men" who are whiny bitches about such trivialities are also unattractive.

Good day to you. :hat:
Say what? My bitches be saying dude - How ****ing atrocious man. I feel ya pain.
Original post by noobynoo
OP are you northern (or a pirate)? Because I don't think us southerners call each other lads and lasses.

I don't think anyone can use the term "dude" with any seriousness since we first started using it after "Bill and Teds excellent adventure" and "Wayne's World" came out.

Also, what is brah? Is that a black thing? Is that like. Yo bro, whassup my homie? I can't even use yo with a straight face seeing as I remember them explaining what it meant on Newsround with a little rap: "Yo is not yes or no its hello!"

TBH I think any girls or boys using these phrases are just having a laugh and not using it seriously. Anyone who does use these phrases seriously is probably a bit :broken:

Aye Jim lad.

Party on dude.

If by northern you meant Scottish you'd be spot on. *chunders everywhere*
And "men" who are whiny bitches about such trivialities are also unattractive.

Good day to you. :hat:

im not whining. Im just stating how I feel and how many other men feel! You're the one whining about my opinion, which im quite allowed to have. Just because my opinion doesn't conform to how you want them, you insult me! Again, grow up and learn to respect those with differentiating opinions to your own.

Some women like sensitive men.
Some women dislike sensitive men.

Some men like feminine women.
Some men like women who show a masculine side.

There is no need to cry because my view of the ideal woman doesn't fit with your idealistic representation of the majority of British women in this day and age!
Original post by Miss Behaving
Say what? My bitches be saying dude - How ****ing atrocious man. I feel ya pain.

respekt bruv :lol:
Original post by NeonIndian
Okay so its allright for you to call girls patronising things like 'precious' but when a girl says 'dude' its instantly recognized as 'manly' and is an instant turn off?? Why do girls have to be this 100% feminine ideal all the time? :angry: More often than not when a girl addresses someone as dude it will be in a friendly or jokey way.

If she likes being called it then yes, however, I would make sure it was okay with her first :smile:

But when random women just come out with 'hey dude, you okay?' or 'alright lad, how you been today?' o.O
at least someone else has the backbone to admit it!

never realised it was so contentious lol

tbf girls don't normally call me "mate" or that anyway, i only noticed how weird it felt when this one girl started to and so i asked her to stop.

they normally just use my name, but depending on the girl I've been called "babe" "love" etc...
im not whining. Im just stating how I feel and how many other men feel! You're the one whining about my opinion, which im quite allowed to have. Just because my opinion doesn't conform to how you want them, you insult me! Again, grow up and learn to respect those with differentiating opinions to your own.

Some women like sensitive men.
Some women dislike sensitive men.

Some men like feminine women.
Some men like women who show a masculine side.

There is no need to cry because my view of the ideal woman doesn't fit with your idealistic representation of the majority of British women in this day and age!

I don't know, it's pretty whiny the way you keep going on about how unattractive and what a turn off it is, and how you don't like girls saying it to you, and how all the girls that talk like this have no manners, blah blah blah... and you were the one who decided to jump to conclusions when I spoke a certain way, and thought I was a chav - just because I use words you don't think are feminine - you insult me. Again, grow up and learn to respect those who don't talk the way you want them to.

LOL because saying man/lad/dude is just so masculine :rofl: That would be like me saying that any guy who addresses a girl as hun/love/babe is feminine.

Oooh yes, you not liking the way I and other girls talk just has me in floods!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending