The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

I need help with choosing my accommodation xD . I need to go for something that'd be covered by the loan so none of those deluxe single room things haha. I would love ensuite but I can't find anything really cheap enough.

Wilson looks the best so far, any current students (or whomever) that can give me their unbiased opinion on it?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by nikita_atikin
No they purposely mix you up so that you can make other friends (says so on the website) and don't get boxed in. Besides you don't actually want to stick with your old friends do you? :s-smilie:

Oh btw can you let me know when you do firm so I can add you to the list? :smile:

righto! sometimes is good to be on the safe side if you happen to get someone you don't really get along with... :P

sures, i'll probs decide in april/may tho.
Reply 182
Original post by ViralRiver
I need help with choosing my accommodation xD . I need to go for something that'd be covered by the loan so none of those deluxe single room things haha. I would love ensuite but I can't find anything really cheap enough.

Wilson looks the best so far, any current students (or whomever) that can give me their unbiased opinion on it?

Some rooms are a bit crappy tbh (especially the basement ones) but if you are lucky, you get a really nice room for a very decent price. It is obviously not like Eastside or Southside but many people here say that it has a very 'home-y' feel to it which more than makes up for the sort of shabby kitchens.
Social life is pretty good. People tend to be fairly open and there are loads of social areas around.
Also you can't really fault the location. Oxford street is just a 20 min walk away and you've good good transport links to several nightclubs and the like. Plus you do not get caught up in the 'Imperial bubble' too much which can be seen as a good or bad point.

Hope that helped.
Original post by Noise
Some rooms are a bit crappy tbh (especially the basement ones) but if you are lucky, you get a really nice room for a very decent price. It is obviously not like Eastside or Southside but many people here say that it has a very 'home-y' feel to it which more than makes up for the sort of shabby kitchens.
Social life is pretty good. People tend to be fairly open and there are loads of social areas around.
Also you can't really fault the location. Oxford street is just a 20 min walk away and you've good good transport links to several nightclubs and the like. Plus you do not get caught up in the 'Imperial bubble' too much which can be seen as a good or bad point.

Hope that helped.

Thanks a lot :smile: . I like the idea of cycling to college, but that's about it; nothing else. The room on the website doesn't look nice at all so I'm looking at Pembridge and Willis Jackson now (Willis Jackson - ensuite twin). Can anyone share their opinion for either of these halls?
Reply 184
I haven't waded through all 10 pages of this thread yet, but am I right in thinking that applications for accommodation this year only begin in May? :smile:
Original post by Talexe
I haven't waded through all 10 pages of this thread yet, but am I right in thinking that applications for accommodation this year only begin in May? :smile:

Yup, I think it's at the end of May, but don't quote me on that. Definitely sometime in May or just after anyway.
Original post by Talexe

It is May. It's on the accommodation website in the FAQs section :smile:
Did everyone already got their accommodations pack???!!! I feel missed out TT
I haven't received an accommodation pack. On that note, does the university know if you have firmly accepted/ chosen Imperial as insurance?
Original post by kaosu_souzousha

I didn't get one, should I ring up?
Reply 190
Yup, I think it's at the end of May, but don't quote me on that. Definitely sometime in May or just after anyway.

It is May. It's on the accommodation website in the FAQs section :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TomSouthwell

me neither :eek:
I hope there is an accommodation pack, however. The information from the website simply isn't sufficient for me :P .
Reply 193
Didn't even know there was such a thing as this accommodation pack.
I was wondering, are the shared rooms (twin rooms) single sex or could they lump a guy and a girl in together? I'd much rather have a female roomie :s-smilie:

lol, I hardly doubt they have female+male twin room combinations.
Considering there are many more male at the college with the proportion to female species, they will try to hide the female and protect them as Imperial College treasure.

I haven't received an accommodation pack. On that note, does the university know if you have firmly accepted/ chosen Imperial as insurance?

Original post by TomSouthwell

Original post by Zottula
Didn't even know there was such a thing as this accommodation pack.

There are no accommodation packs :s-smilie: Everything about the accommodation is on the website and it's quite elaborate imo. You get an email about accommodation applications and stuff from May onwards. :smile: On the FAQs of the accommodation website :smile:
Reply 196
There are no accommodation packs :s-smilie: Everything about the accommodation is on the website and it's quite elaborate imo. You get an email about accommodation applications and stuff from May onwards. :smile: On the FAQs of the accommodation website :smile:

Yes that's what I thought. I've just been using the site. Where on earth has this pack rumour come from?
Original post by Zottula
Yes that's what I thought. I've just been using the site. Where on earth has this pack rumour come from?

they came from me lol
A great deception ninja tactic :biggrin:
Reply 198
they came from me lol
A great deception ninja tactic :biggrin:

Ooooh now that was very ninja-esque.

My sis would approve (she is obsessed with all things ninja).
Original post by Zottula
Ooooh now that was very ninja-esque.

My sis would approve (she is obsessed with all things ninja).

As I understood from the previous thread, there is some sorta accommodation's website for Imperial? Right now we just choose 5 of them, which ever we like, and then apply to them as soon as we receive the application form in May?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending