The Student Room Group

Question about chi-squared...........

Can you use this stats test if you're measuring the time e.g. the time taken for an animal to cross a line? I'd imagine that you could if the experiment still has discrete categories.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Introverted moron
Can you use this stats test if you're measuring the time e.g. the time taken for an animal to cross a line? I'd imagine that you could if the experiment still has discrete categories.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The word I highlighted tells you whether or not you do chi squared. You only do chi-squared when you are recording frequencies, if you are on AQA Biology, then the other 2 stats test are spearmans rank and standard error and 95% confidence limits. Spearmans rank is looking for a correlation between measurements. 95% confidence limits is looking for differences between mean values in measurements.

Spoiler

Hope this helped
Original post by Eloades11
The word I highlighted tells you whether or not you do chi squared. You only do chi-squared when you are recording frequencies, if you are on AQA Biology, then the other 2 stats test are spearmans rank and standard error and 95% confidence limits. Spearmans rank is looking for a correlation between measurements. 95% confidence limits is looking for differences between mean values in measurements.

Spoiler

Hope this helped

Yes it has. :smile: Thank you for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending