The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7880
May 20th, I am hoping for around £100, which is around 1.4% of my annual pay. I was looking at the Waitrose thread, and they are getting 18% of their annual pay. If I work the same hours at Waitrose as I do at Sainsburys, I would get £1255. Wished I worked there now!
Reply 7881
Original post by vampireweekend93
does anyone know when pay is going up for under 18s? I've waited so long for this pay rise haha :smile:

From today :smile:
Reply 7882
Original post by summer hues
So how long would it take for all this to happen? He did start off by putting it through but then I obviously carried on the transaction.

Usually 1-2 weeks if they get a lead on something.

If I was you I would say something to your manager in confidence about the situation, they'll take it from there plus your being honest and this will not only get the colleague whose been dishonest out but make you look good at the same time for saying something.

Plus its better to say something now then to wait not knowing if management has found out what's happened through investigative ways.
Need more than this 12hr contract...
Original post by dj20
Usually 1-2 weeks if they get a lead on something.

If I was you I would say something to your manager in confidence about the situation, they'll take it from there plus your being honest and this will not only get the colleague whose been dishonest out but make you look good at the same time for saying something.

Plus its better to say something now then to wait not knowing if management has found out what's happened through investigative ways.

What is the likelihood of them finding out by themselves if I were not to say anything?
pffft. may 20th. well i don't think we'll be getting anything as our performance is not too good. hoping ill have left by then >_<
Original post by summer hues
What is the likelihood of them finding out by themselves if I were not to say anything?

Hiya, I also am based on a checkout at the moment, my official title is a Team Leader but Ive completed the Customer Service Manager training. Its kinda complex as I start the Retail Grad scheme in Sept. Im kinda like a 'manager in waiting' at the moment.

Ive read through your previous post:

If I were in charge of your department and conducting an investigation into this, I would be asking: where did he get that coupon? Is it his? Did he take it off a customer? Was it left? Was it already in the till?

Secondly, I would be asking myself: Is this the first time he's done something like this?

They can find out what happen through CCTV and the electronic copy of the reciept on the computer out back. If you don't say something to your manager then they find out anyway you could be disciplined on conduct and/or cash handling proceedures. What he did was gross misconduct and would result in dismissal.

My advice would be, speak to your manager, be honest and say what happened, say that you are not going to make a formal statement, state that you are telling them in confidence, say it was a naive mistake and it wont happen again. Inform them who the colleague was so they can conduct their own spot checks etc etc etc but it just points them in the right direction of who could be a risk, and means you shouldnt get into trouble.
Does anyone know when the bonus is and how the amount you get is worked out?
I started Feb last year so I haven't had a bonus yet to know.
Sorry just realised this was previously spoken about.. but still, the percentage? is it really 1.2?
Reply 7889
^^ I've been working for Sainsburys since June 2009, contracted to 20 hours a week. I got a bonus of £100 last year, I think it was around April/May time. Heard we're getting a bit more this year for passing our audit recently.
Reply 7890
You get a maximum of 3%: 1.5% is from your stores MAC for the year, the other 1.5% from MCM.
Do you have to have worked there a certain length of time to be eligible for the bonus?
Is the bonus based on how your department has done all the whole store. As I think my department hasen't done so well (cafe) but the store has done good.
Reply 7893
Original post by KatrinaLou
Do you have to have worked there a certain length of time to be eligible for the bonus?

Nope, it'll be based on what you've earnt in the last financial year.
Reply 7894
Original post by AgentSushi
Is the bonus based on how your department has done all the whole store. As I think my department hasen't done so well (cafe) but the store has done good.

I'm pretty sure it's the whole store. We kept getting told about failures on checkouts which will cause our bonus to go down.
Reply 7895
Original post by FXX
Nope, it'll be based on what you've earnt in the last financial year.

I think you need to have worked with the company for 6 months, because the first time bonus came round I had been working with the company for 2 months and I didn't get a penny >_>
am i right in thinking payday is this friday ??
Reply 7897
Original post by Foulish
I think you need to have worked with the company for 6 months, because the first time bonus came round I had been working with the company for 2 months and I didn't get a penny >_>

Yeah maybe. I started literally a week after the bonus had been paid out so I had to wait the full year for my first one :tongue: And that was abysmal. I know it's free money so I shouldn't complain, but when Waitrose are getting 18% it kind of puts it in perspective.
Reply 7898
yea it's pay day this friday.
i'm counting down the sharesave payments, only because i chose to put in the maximum and not realise it's a chunk out my pay, oh well 34 more to go after friday.

regarding the waitrose bonus, employees are partners of the business, which makes sense to give them 18%. Sainsbury's don't make us partners just employees so 3% makes sense to them.

be right back looking for a job in waitrose (nope non available)
(edited 13 years ago)
WOOOO pay day.

i didnt do the sharesave thing is it worth it?

Latest