The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by visesh
Cottage cheese is almost ubiquitously loved by people doing strength training as it's a very good, cheap protein source without much fat in it. It's an odd one.

Shame it tastes and looks like 10 day old semen.
Reply 2141
Original post by RollerBall

I'm not going to ask how you know that :/
Original post by visesh
Cottage cheese is almost ubiquitously loved by people doing strength training as it's a very good, cheap protein source without much fat in it. It's an odd one.

But it tastes like soggy pants.

Captain Crash
Hmmm.... we're getting bombarded with emails advertising finals revision courses recently. I can't help but think this is an entrepreneurial way to relieve panicky medical students of their money (especially with some at £147 per weekend!) with little gain, so I'm unlikely to sign up to any. That said, does anyone have an experience on them being more than vaguely useful?

I didn't go on any. Those who did said they were generally good (though the one organised in Cam got mixed responses) but I'm not sure any of them did better in finals than me as a direct result.

Tbh, I found clinical finals not that bad. Practise loads of MCQs, see if you can get a couple of supervisions on public health (I had a really good supervisor but have completely forgotten her name, sorry!) and then just go over examinations again and again and again with your friends. There are certain conditions for certain stations which are a lot more likely than others (e.g. transplants for abdo station) so go through with your supervisor if there are any special things to remember for the bonus points. Far fewer people fail finals than any previous stage at Cambridge.

Oh, and if you see the lady with CREST, look at her feet! :wink:

I was gonna say regurgitated vomit.
Reply 2144
Original post by Helenia

Original post by Helenia
But it tastes like soggy pants.

I didn't go on any. Those who did said they were generally good (though the one organised in Cam got mixed responses) but I'm not sure any of them did better in finals than me as a direct result.

Tbh, I found clinical finals not that bad. Practise loads of MCQs, see if you can get a couple of supervisions on public health (I had a really good supervisor but have completely forgotten her name, sorry!) and then just go over examinations again and again and again with your friends. There are certain conditions for certain stations which are a lot more likely than others (e.g. transplants for abdo station) so go through with your supervisor if there are any special things to remember for the bonus points. Far fewer people fail finals than any previous stage at Cambridge.

I met a lovely lady with CREST on my last placement who said she's been up for a few exams in the past. :ninja:
I'm constantly ill, it's really getting in the way now. That's another day of lectures I've lost to a migraine, so I've got to go in tomorrow even though I still feel like ****. I'll just keep my fingers crossed I'm not sick again.
Reply 2146
Original post by felt_monkey
I'm constantly ill, it's really getting in the way now. That's another day of lectures I've lost to a migraine, so I've got to go in tomorrow even though I still feel like ****. I'll just keep my fingers crossed I'm not sick again.

that sounds like it must suck, hope you're feeling better soon! :redface:

when I'm ill I usually spend money that I don't have to take my mind off things.. i just bought a new guitar today, for example :colondollar:

i thoroughly recommend it! :awesome:
Original post by Tech
that sounds like it must suck, hope you're feeling better soon! :redface:

when I'm ill I usually spend money that I don't have to take my mind off things.. i just bought a new guitar today, for example :colondollar:

i thoroughly recommend it! :awesome:

I wish I had money to spend :sad:. My poor guitar, he's sitting in the corner of my room collecting dust. I haven't picked him up since October.
Original post by Helenia

Is she the one with the prosthetic leg?

The paper exams I'm not too worried about - I know they're just book work and practice MCQs and it's just my motivation that needs to be fixed in that regard.

The Clinical is a little trickier , especially figuring out the 'Diabetic Review', Endocrine and surgical stations (not to mention remembering the orthopaedic exams that I never really learnt first time round...)

It's the SCEE that really scares me though - it's not like we really have an opportunity to practice those at all.

------------------------------------------------------

In other news, my foundation trust has sent me a EWTD opt-out form, ostensibly with the aim of saying that if I want to do locums I have to sign it. However, if I do, I guess the trust would shaft me with a rota to fit. They is a two week cancelling notice though....

Any thoughts? I'd like the opportunity for locum work....
Reply 2149
I've just been told that they've "run out of cold water" at our accommodation in the regions. Thank **** I'm commuting, despite the expense.
Original post by visesh
I've just been told that they've "run out of cold water" at our accommodation in the regions. Thank **** I'm commuting, despite the expense.

I don't even...
Reply 2151

I don't even...

Don't worry, that's the least of the problems there. Others include an infestation of flies that 'hibernate in the window frames' and pigeons that love defecating in the kitchens.

We've been told that the building is going to be torn down, but this has been the story for over three years. When I was there over a year ago, I was told we would be the last group of students to stay there...

Hmm, I need to be out of the house in 5 hours to make my 0800 WR there. Best be off to bed.
Reply 2152
OSCE winning :biggrin:
Original post by visesh

Peterborough or Bedford? :tongue:
Why does my house have to be right on the route to a large secondary school, day off for SSC today, looking forward to a nice lie in but every brat walking past has to shout as obnoxiously as they can at each other in the most chavvy accents they can muster. Rage.

At least it means I woke up to do some work before late afternoon though!
Oh dear god that was a messy ball.

Very few people turned up so the conclusion seemed to be to get completely wasted.

I've also been fraped :frown:
Original post by felt_monkey
I wish I had money to spend :sad:. My poor guitar, he's sitting in the corner of my room collecting dust. I haven't picked him up since October.

I haven't used mine since 2 years now, maybe throwing away the amp to make more room wasn't such a good idea... now I can't play it without an amp and no funds to buy a new one yet. Hmm.

Out of curiousity, anyone intercalat(ing/ed) on here?
Original post by Jessaay!
Oh dear god that was a messy ball.

Very few people turned up so the conclusion seemed to be to get completely wasted.

I've also been fraped :frown:

I joined you in reaching that conclusion. I got thrown out quite early on though. :frown:
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
I haven't used mine since 2 years now, maybe throwing away the amp to make more room wasn't such a good idea... now I can't play it without an amp and no funds to buy a new one yet. Hmm.

Out of curiousity, anyone intercalat(ing/ed) on here?

I am - as will have many others - what's up?
Original post by Onychophagia
I joined you in reaching that conclusion. I got thrown out quite early on though. :frown:

ahhaha that's awesome. I should have been thrown out as well to be honest. What did you do to get you thrown out?

I have a lot of memory blanks but I do recall spending a lot of the night wandering round in a drunken haze spilling wine everywhere and aimlessly switching between groups of people I knew. As soon as we got out I fell on my arse and spent a long time walking round trafalgar square with a certain hockey person. I remember you walking past me at one point and I may have misheard but it sounded like you muttered something like "I love rowing" at me and walked off. I didn't understand. :p:

I FEEL AWFUL. Wine hangovers are disgusting.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending