The Student Room Group

im confused whether im entitled to pay home fees/international fees???

heres my situation, im malaysian but ive been living here for 5 years now but my visa is dependant to my dad..from my understanding, am i not eligible to pay for home fees for university if ive been living in scotland for more than 3 years??? i really need help with this cause i really dont want my parents to pay 8000pounds per semester...i feel kinda bad:s-smilie: plus, my brother is also going to uni in this year as well and that will be DOUBLE the price!!!

Please anyone, provide me with information!!! thanks:wink:
you dont say what type of visa you have.

the university you are hoping to go to can give you relevent advice. Ring them and ask to speak to the person who deals with student funding for students from outside the UK.

Lots of things to look into that are too complex for a chatroom site - ring them they will be happy to help.
Original post by m.ameera
heres my situation, im malaysian but ive been living here for 5 years now but my visa is dependant to my dad..from my understanding, am i not eligible to pay for home fees for university if ive been living in scotland for more than 3 years??? i really need help with this cause i really dont want my parents to pay 8000pounds per semester...i feel kinda bad:s-smilie: plus, my brother is also going to uni in this year as well and that will be DOUBLE the price!!!
Please anyone, provide me with information!!! thanks:wink:

Check this:

Tuition fees for study in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
Tuition fees for study in Scotland
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/fees_student_support.php
Reply 3
Original post by ssvlcond
you dont say what type of visa you have.

the university you are hoping to go to can give you relevent advice. Ring them and ask to speak to the person who deals with student funding for students from outside the UK.

Lots of things to look into that are too complex for a chatroom site - ring them they will be happy to help.

TIER 1-Dependant..been living here for more than 3 years but im not entitled to get the SAAS thing.
Reply 4

Thanks by the way:biggrin:
i just dont want to burden my parents since me and my brother are goin to uni in the same year!:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending