The Student Room Group

Am I the only guy who thinks this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silverbolt
As a 29 year old male, i can tell you ive never been married and ive never had kids, due to a certain geektastic activity i belong to my friends range in age from late teens to late 40s. I can also state quite truthfully that about 80% of the people i know around my age also do not have kids and have never been married.

Would you go out with a 16 year old?
17?
18?
Original post by jeffercake
Agree with this! (and err not just because I hit 30 last year >.< )

Lol

I've always thought this. I'm not saying when I was 18 I fancied women in their early 30's, but I've always thought there's something more 'beautiful' about them than the late teens and early twenties women we are constantly bombarded with in media.
Reply 42
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Nah, I think they'd have to be a bit of a nobber to go out with someone that young, an 18 year old and a 23 year old is acceptable. 16, you're still in school or only just left, they are like little children to me.

How are we like little children? I'm 16 and I look a lot older (usually mistaken for 19 :P) and I often get told I act it too. Thus, I tend to go for older guys because I don't have much in common with boys my age and they tend to be s bit childish (fraping eachother every 5 minutes, constantly getting lashed and trying to 'score' - no thanks). I'd much rather date someone who's a little bit older with a touch of sophistication who can appreciate an intellectual debate every now and again, enjoys nice cuisine and the theatre, and can have a drink without getting absolutely Charlie Sheened. I've always been brought up around adults though, so maybe it's something to do with that.
Original post by Lewroll
Would you go out with a 16 year old?
17?
18?

no
no
possibly but unlikely
Original post by Lewroll

I feel sorry for americans. I think the legal age is 18 there, so they go to prison for :sexface: with a 16 year old. We are lucky :colonhash:

lol, you's a wrongun.

I tried to think of a 16 year old I know to put it in perspective then realised I don't actually know any :lolwut:

It's alright for you as you're 18, same as me getting with a 18/19 year old, which I would.
Original post by silverbolt
no
no
possibly but unlikely

Hmm. You are quite old I suppose.

Would you go out with a 50 year old woman?
lol, you's a wrongun.

I tried to think of a 16 year old I know to put it in perspective then realised I don't actually know any :lolwut:

It's alright for you as you're 18, same as me getting with a 18/19 year old, which I would.

You are quite old.

Old women don't usually go out with younger guys e.g. 21 yr old and 18yr old. I'd be willing to try if you are.
Reply 47
Original post by Pink Bullets
Umm... this isn't the 1950s. The vast majority of 28 year old men aren't married with kids... and the ones who are usually aren't the same ones who are dating 18 year olds.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. Most 28 year old I've met are too busy partying and travelling to get married and have kids :tongue:
Original post by .Ali.
How are we like little children? I'm 16 and I look a lot older (usually mistaken for 19 :P) and I often get told I act it too. Thus, I tend to go for older guys because I don't have much in common with boys my age and they tend to be s bit childish (fraping eachother every 5 minutes, constantly getting lashed and trying to 'score' - no thanks). I'd much rather date someone who's a little bit older with a touch of sophistication who can appreciate an intellectual debate every now and again, enjoys nice cuisine and the theatre, and can have a drink without getting absolutely Charlie Sheened. I've always been brought up around adults though, so maybe it's something to do with that.

Brilliant.

Fair play, but you are the exception as opposed to the rule. And to be honest, at 21, even if someone seemed mature etc, at the point where they said "I'm 16", that is where the conversation would end. Might sounds shallow, but thats just the way it is.

If you can get older blokes, fair play to you, I'm sure you have a lot to offer but there's a reason why they can't get girls their own age....
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I just saw the "Girls, what is the oldest guy you will go with?" thread and I think it's creepy that some of these girls aged 18 or so would happily date guys 9 or 10 years older than them!

Aside from hating it because older guys are inevitably more attractive than guys the same age as the girls making me, and probably other guys our age, feel somehow inadequately young (lol I know that sounds weird), I find it weird thinking that 18 year old girls would date a 28 year old who at that age might have been married for years, have a kid, and would have been discovering masturbation etc when the girl was still at nappy age?!

I'm not saying the guys shouldn't be attractive to 18 year old girls as that is an unfortunate truth but am I the only one who finds it creepy?

(P.S. This might have come from hearing my girlfriend's answer and then my brain imagining her with a 28 year old and me being freaked out)

Just an aside... you think competition from older guys is threatening... imagine how we are going to feel when we all hit 40/50 and you are choosing 30yrolds over us!!!! :O

She's 50. I don't see the problem. It should work both ways.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lewroll
You are quite old.

Old women don't usually go out with younger guys e.g. 21 yr old and 18yr old. I'd be willing to try if you are.

Haha! Shut your mouth.

Nah, I'm not sure you're man enough for me to be fair, little boy.
Reply 52
Brilliant.

Fair play, but you are the exception as opposed to the rule. And to be honest, at 21, even if someone seemed mature etc, at the point where they said "I'm 16", that is where the conversation would end. Might sounds shallow, but thats just the way it is.

If you can get older blokes, fair play to you, I'm sure you have a lot to offer but there's a reason why they can't get girls their own age....

I guess, and to be honest, if the average 16 year old is anything to go on, I don't blame them. Like I said, I dislike most people my own age, so I'm not suprised others do. I usually go for people who are around 19, but I would go up a fair bit higher.

Some maybe weird, but it wouldn't last if they were. Age gaps aren't the norm but in some cases I think they work.
Reply 53
Original post by .Ali.
I guess, and to be honest, if the average 16 year old is anything to go on, I don't blame them. Like I said, I dislike most people my own age, so I'm not suprised others do. I usually go for people who are around 19, but I would go up a fair bit higher.

Some maybe weird, but it wouldn't last if they were. Age gaps aren't the norm but in some cases I think they work.

haha because the 19 year old that goes for the 16 year old girl is totally doing it for the 'intellectual debates' :rolleyes:.

You do think rather highly of yourself though don't you, maybe its the type you're going for?? There are 20 year olds at uni that still act like how you described, and 16 and 17 year old guys that are mature. But never mind keep thinking you're above all the 16 year olds and they are unworthy of your attention.
Haha! Shut your mouth.

Nah, I'm not sure you're man enough for me to be fair, little boy.

I'm a big boy :rant:

I think I am fully capable, we will just have to wait and see....
Reply 55
Original post by insoms
haha because the 19 year old that goes for the 16 year old girl is totally doing it for the 'intellectual debates' :rolleyes:.
Not the only reason, he obviously wants sex too. Both ages are legal, what's the problem?

You do think rather highly of yourself though don't you, maybe its the type you're going for?? There are 20 year olds at uni that still act like how you described, and 16 and 17 year old guys that are mature. But never mind keep thinking you're above all the 16 year olds and they are unworthy of your attention.

Yes there are, which is why I don't exclude anyone based solely on age. But as a general rule, most guys my age are immature. I don't think I'm above all 16 year olds, simply that a lot of the time I'm on a different wavelength to a lot of them. I have more in common with older guys, what's wrong with that?
Reply 56
Original post by justiceisjust
I could imagine how awkward the conversation would be, between a 17 year old and a 27 year old.

What you up too?
17 Year Old: Doing my history homework
27 year old: Paying off my mortgage..

The average age of a first-time home buyer in the UK is 38 :eek:
Majority of girl age 16 are idiots who think they are mature for their age.

My lil sisters friends who are 16/17 get so gassed about me its unbelieveable, im pretty sure they have a shrine of me in their bedrooms. Anyway im 19 and ill never go out with any 16/17 year olds. Firstly because the type of friends that i have, if you get caught slipping, you will get laughed at extremely bad.

Secondly because its just wrong in my eyes, nobody older should than that age should be chasing after sixthform girls, leave them forsixth form guys.

Thridly which self respecting guy aged 20+ will go out with a 16 yearold. Do you have no shame?.
Anyway as im nearly 20 in june :headbang:, ive raised the minimum age, that is suitable for me to get into a relationship by 1. From 18 to 19.
Reply 58
Original post by Tsukuyomi
Majority of girl age 16 are idiots who think they are mature for their age.

My lil sisters friends who are 16/17 get so gassed about me its unbelieveable, im pretty sure they have a shrine of me in their bedrooms. Anyway im 19 and ill never go out with any 16/17 year olds. Firstly because the type of friends that i have, if you get caught slipping, you will get laughed at extremely bad.
Bit judgemental. I hate most 16 year olds because they're immature, petty, too bothered about being 'cool' - I too am 16. Please don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Secondly because its just wrong in my eyes, nobody older should than that age should be chasing after sixthform girls, leave them forsixth form guys.
I don't like many sixth form guys, as I said previously, people fraping eachother all the time and getting lashed is not my idea of fun. Why is it wrong? We're not children. It's not paedophillia or anything because no 16 year old has the body of a child.

Thridly which self respecting guy aged 20+ will go out with a 16 yearold. Do you have no shame?.
Why is it shameful? There is nothing wrong with two people of the legal age strinking up a relationship if they wish to.

Anyway as im nearly 20 in june :headbang:, ive raised the minimum age, that is suitable for me to get into a relationship by 1. From 18 to 19.

Having a minimum age is actually quite immature, unfortunately.
Original post by .Ali.

Original post by .Ali.
Bit judgemental. I hate most 16 year olds because they're immature, petty, too bothered about being 'cool' - I too am 16. Please don't tar everyone with the same brush.

I don't like many sixth form guys, as I said previously, people fraping eachother all the time and getting lashed is not my idea of fun. Why is it wrong? We're not children. It's not paedophillia or anything because no 16 year old has the body of a child.

Why is it shameful? There is nothing wrong with two people of the legal age strinking up a relationship if they wish to.

Having a minimum age is actually quite immature, unfortunately.

Just because its legal deosnt make it right. This reminds me of this fat girl on tsr who got all pissed off because i said size 14 is fat, she had to remind me that the UK average size is 16 therefore she isnt :rofl:.

Anyway its shameful because if you are 20+ you should be going forward in life not backwards, chasing after 16 year olds. As for you calling me immature, trust me girls like you are extremely stupid thinking you are mature enough to go for an older guy, ive known my fair share of girls who like you thought the same, sadly the older guys merely took advantage of this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending