The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessaay!
ahhaha that's awesome. I should have been thrown out as well to be honest. What did you do to get you thrown out?

I have a lot of memory blanks but I do recall spending a lot of the night wandering round in a drunken haze spilling wine everywhere and aimlessly switching between groups of people I knew. As soon as we got out I fell on my arse and spent a long time walking round trafalgar square with a certain hockey person. I remember you walking past me at one point and I may have misheard but it sounded like you muttered something like "I love rowing" at me and walked off. I didn't understand. :p:

I FEEL AWFUL. Wine hangovers are disgusting.

This girl I was with and I were thrown out for getting a bit overfamiliar at the bar. :colondollar:

Hahaha RT? :rofl:

That's quite possible, I do love rowing. I was wearing white jeans last night and they are covered in that digusting red wine. Bad times. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Onychophagia
This girl I was with and I were thrown out for getting a bit overfamiliar at the bar. :colondollar:

Hahaha RT? :rofl:

That's quite possible, I do love rowing. I was wearing white jeans last night and they are covered in that digusting red wine. Bad times. :frown:

OH I saw that (I don't think it was possible not to see it :p:) . You were getting very familiar indeed :p: Oh dear.

Yes RT. I woke up sprawled on a chair in his halls. Nothing happened to clarify :p:, we don't actually know why I was there.

The wine was grim. I downed it all though. Then followed it with double vodkas. Why did I think that was a good idea?

At least this time I didn't have to be taken home in a taxi by people I didn't know like at the winter ball :colondollar:

P.S. I think it's fair to say we're all massive messes and we probably should drink less. But I say this all the time, and I never drink less.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2162
Original post by Captain Crash

In other news, my foundation trust has sent me a EWTD opt-out form, ostensibly with the aim of saying that if I want to do locums I have to sign it. However, if I do, I guess the trust would shaft me with a rota to fit. They is a two week cancelling notice though....

Any thoughts? I'd like the opportunity for locum work....

My FY1 trust did the same - I signed it with the rationale:

- New Deal still exists - look it up if that means nothing to you.

- In an 'emergency' (<48hours notice) you'd be expected/duty-of-a-doctory-obliged to cover anyway if needed & it would be exceptional so they'd probably give lieu time to work it out over the huge number of weeks EWTD applies to.

- They can't just magically change the rota to increase it for everyone because not everyone will sign, doing it would be fiendishly complicated & you have hours monitoring so it would cost the trust directly more money (they're the ones who pay the banding supplement)

I didn't end up doing any locumming for them but I didn't get shafted in any other way as a consequence. Haven't been asked to sign one in FY2 job.

In my other news... people from home are moving onto baby number 2 now. I feel a bit ridiculously-long-degree stunted. :redface:
Original post by Elles

In my other news... people from home are moving onto baby number 2 now. I feel a bit ridiculously-long-degree stunted. :redface:

I've met plenty in my practice who are my age and on at least number 4 or more!

I've got to admit I love playing with the babies when they come to clinic, but I still quite like having my own life for now...
Reply 2164
Original post by Helenia
I've met plenty in my practice who are my age and on at least number 4 or more!

I've got to admit I love playing with the babies when they come to clinic, but I still quite like having my own life for now...

People from home are more people like me than just random population though. :tongue: :wink:

I am an Aunt again (as of last week) so perhaps I should get some practise in... I don't really do the playing with babies in surgery though!
Original post by Elles
People from home are more people like me than just random population though. :tongue: :wink:

I am an Aunt again (as of last week) so perhaps I should get some practise in... I don't really do the playing with babies in surgery though!

Fair point. I don't really keep up with people from school, but AFAIK all the babies that have happened have been by accident, so I don't really feel like my Life Plan (TM) is too far behind. Though beckoning unemployment may change that...
SSC finished. Oh yes.
Reply 2167
Anyone know how to make a pie chart using excel.. getting owned by technology atm..
Original post by lekky
Anyone know how to make a pie chart using excel.. getting owned by technology atm..

Names in one column, data in a second column, highlight the whole thing and click on the chart wizard button.
Original post by lekky

Select 'Insert' Menu > Chart > select pie chart option and follow instructions.
Reply 2170
Original post by Mushi_master
SSC finished. Oh yes.

fancy finishing my ssc for me too? :hubba:
Original post by Tech
fancy finishing my ssc for me too? :hubba:

Pay me, and who said anything about quality? :hubba:
Reply 2172
Original post by Captain Crash
Select 'Insert' Menu > Chart > select pie chart option and follow instructions.

Whenever I do that I end up with like an entirely purple circle, with one of my options as the title and a purple box with the number 1 next to it.
And... second essay of the day completed. I'm on fire.
Reply 2174
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Names in one column, data in a second column, highlight the whole thing and click on the chart wizard button.

okay this also failed

although I do get the options down the side just no pie chart to correlate with them.

ffs wish I had actually paid attention in IT at school. though I'm sure I knew how to do this once upon a time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2175
OMG I made a pie chart!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO

haha so proud of self!
Original post by lekky
okay this also failed

although I do get the options down the side just no pie chart to correlate with them.

ffs wish I had actually paid attention in IT at school. though I'm sure I knew how to do this once upon a time.

Skype me the file and I'll do it? :lol:

Edit: WELL DONE CLEVER YOU! :tongue:
Reply 2177
Original post by Mushi_master
And... second essay of the day completed. I'm on fire.

woop well done!
Reply 2178
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Skype me the file and I'll do it? :lol:

Edit: WELL DONE CLEVER YOU! :tongue:

any idea about bar charts? :colondollar:

edit: I dont know what happened my pie chart just disappeared? do you have to keep the pie chart in excel and the info in excel to be able to use the chart? how do i transfer it into a word document?
why am I so much of a computer fail?

edit2: just going ot print screen it seems easier :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Philosoraptor
I am - as will have many others - what's up?

Hi there, just a tad confused about the admin side of things - can you get a student loan? Is it the same amount as the normal yearly uni fees? And when go back into Medicine, do the rise in tuition fees apply?

Thanks :smile: also if you did a lab based component in your BSc, how hard is it to get into the lab side of things? Bit worried at my incompetency as don't really get a lot of practise in Medicine :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest