The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fates
do you know how many places there are for Econ&Stat,I think the places are fewer than60-70
so sad(but i cant stop thinking of this)

Hey do u applied for this course as well? I send it off in Mid Nov and haven't heard any thing when did u sent it?? As I know there are about 20 place for this course. And do u think we get offer as there is no more open day for statistic deparment????:frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2981
Original post by Fates
oh!!congrats!:smile:
but im so sad as i hvnt heard anything from them today.
I may WELL be rejected again!:mad:

Do u mind telling me what your predicted grades are?:colondollar:

i don't know what are my predicted grades, sorry:colondollar: college doesnt allow us students to know. i'm an international student doing math,fmath,economics and chemistry :smile:
Original post by elainec
i don't know what are my predicted grades, sorry:colondollar: college doesnt allow us students to know. i'm an international student doing math,fmath,economics and chemistry :smile:

Did u invited for an openday or interview ? Or just get offer straight away:smile:
Original post by Bian Duong
Did u invited for an openday or interview ? Or just get offer straight away:smile:

Internationals aren't usually obliged to attend open days etc. Has anyone received an offer today, cos I cannot start working until I know, and I think im going to comfort eat myself to death! I need to know:mad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2984
Original post by Princess of Hearts
Not sure, im applying for English (65 places) but I read somewhere that its 62 for Home applicants and 8 for internationals for econ and stats. Dont worry though, youve made it this far :wink:

Hey do u applied for this course as well? I send it off in Mid Nov and haven't heard any thing when did u sent it?? As I know there are about 20 place for this course. And do u think we get offer as there is no more open day for statistic deparment????:frown:

what!!?20 ? 70?oh please dont scare me!!
:frown:
Reply 2985
Internationals arent usually oblidged to attend open days etc. Has anyone received an offer today, cos I cannot start working until I know, and I think im going to comfort eat myself to death! I need to know:mad:

not really,a couple of my international fds who are applying for Economics and were invited to attend the open day in March,but i am not sure if it is the same case for Stat department
Original post by Fates
what!!?20 ? 70?oh please dont scare me!!
:frown:

Sorry, i think the 70 was for the straight econ or something...not sure. Dont worry though, they obviously like you, just a couple more days to stick out!
Original post by Fates
not really,a couple of my international fds who are applying for Economics and were invited to attend the open day in March,but i am not sure if it is the same case for Stat department

Aah Ok. same at Cambridge, loads of people flew in just for the day for their interviews. I thought it was quite harsh to make them travel so far.:s-smilie:
Reply 2988
Aah Ok. same at Cambridge, loads of people flew in just for the day for their interviews. I thought it was quite harsh to make them travel so far.:s-smilie:

Yea It is true
but the majority of people who applied for Cam. usually got brilliant results,interviews undoubtedly help Cam to pick the applicants they really want.I heard that Oxford like picking ppl who has sort of special temperament like GENT
lol
Reply 2989

I just got a notification from ucas track and read the decision letter from there that's all.
No email from them since the acknowledgement email. :/
Original post by Fates
Yea It is true
but the majority of people who applied for Cam. usually got brilliant results,interviews undoubtedly help Cam to pick the applicants they really want.I heard that Oxford like picking ppl who has sort of special temperament like GENT
lol

Well, I had to travel to get there and they let me spend the night. But some literally had to get an 8 hour flight there, did the test and interview, and 8 hours back. It seems like Cam hasnt clued on to the power of skype. Nor the telephone. Then again, its probably good to visit anywhoo.

V. true about ox. my friend got in to philosophy with AAB and mostly Bs at GCSE. He is just very very gent.
Original post by elainec
I just got a notification from ucas track and read the decision letter from there that's all.
No email from them since the acknowledgement email. :/

Wow that amazing congrats! What subject is this for? (sorry if youve already said, Im too tired to trail through the posts now)
Reply 2992
Anyone heard anything for single honours German?
Original post by Birdie30
Anyone heard anything for single honours German?

Nope, and nothing for english lit either!! :mad:
Nope, and nothing for english lit either!! :mad:

i've heard for english lit
Original post by a daedalus
i've heard for english lit

Well in that case congrats! Im still waiting...
Nice one !! UNCONDITIONAL OFFER !! Econ L100 ...
Reply 2997
Wow that amazing congrats! What subject is this for? (sorry if youve already said, Im too tired to trail through the posts now)

Economics and statistics (LG13) :smile:
anyone else heard for LG13 who hasn't already posted here??? :smile:
This might be a bit of a longshot because I doubt if anyone reading this has been rejected, however...

Has anyone here received feedback on a rejection? I have emailed the admissions staff and History department three times since my December rejection. The reason I ask is because my school is very much interested to know if the rejection was based on GCSE results, so that it can in future inform its students how important GCSEs are. Other universities responded to similar requests with ease, but UCL for myself and a couple of others rejected have not.

Thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending