The Student Room Group

Camp Beaumont Group Leader 2011?

Hi,

Looking into the idea of applying for a job at Camp Beaumont, was wondering if anyone else is or if anyone else has done it before and has can share their experiences? Many thanks and link below! :smile:

http://www.campbeaumont.co.uk/summer-camp-jobs/index.asp

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I applied there and after all of the assessments, they offered me a summer job today

I reckon go for it as a few of my friends have done other camps and despite the long hours, the pay is generally good and banter is supposed to be EPIC :smile:
Reply 2
I've heard its good :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by thecatastrophe
Hi

I applied there and after all of the assessments, they offered me a summer job today

I reckon go for it as a few of my friends have done other camps and despite the long hours, the pay is generally good and banter is supposed to be EPIC :smile:

Whats the pay ?

Are you doing Activity Instructing?
Reply 4
Hi

Ooh nice! I applied and they said they're getting round to telephoning people. What kinda things did they ask you in the telephone interview? And what did you do on the assessment?

Congrats on the job by the way! :biggrin:
hi guys

ufo_01 - the pay is OK, for a Group Leader (which is what I am applying for) is £184 per week which i think is good and any money during the summer is better than no money. Yes, I hope to be a Group Leader however there are LOADS of other positions, Multi-Activity Instructor, Tennis/football/swimming coach, arts and crafts, dance, etc etc.

esachica - the telephone interview they ask a few health and safety questions so be prepared and other questions about bullying by children or games. In my opinion, just talk in a happy, enthusiastic tone and ask a few questions. The assessment is good fun, loads of activities but the main one i reckon is to organise an indoor game for your group (stuck in the mud, bang bang, chinese whispers etc etc) and the role play assessment where you are given a certain scenario to act out. Like the telephone interview, just be happy and show A LOT of enthusiasm and just have a good time. Ask questions to make yourself known by the Leaders and DONT stay quiet because they will probably forget who you are after.

Generally, on the assessment day, just act like a child LOL

But good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 6

esachica - the telephone interview they ask a few health and safety questions so be prepared and other questions about bullying by children or games. In my opinion, just talk in a happy, enthusiastic tone and ask a few questions. The assessment is good fun, loads of activities but the main one i reckon is to organise an indoor game for your group (stuck in the mud, bang bang, chinese whispers etc etc) and the role play assessment where you are given a certain scenario to act out. Like the telephone interview, just be happy and show A LOT of enthusiasm and just have a good time. Ask questions to make yourself known by the Leaders and DONT stay quiet because they will probably forget who you are after.

Ooh thank you! What sort of health and safety questions do they ask, out of interest?
Reply 7
hi guys

ufo_01 - the pay is OK, for a Group Leader (which is what I am applying for) is £184 per week which i think is good and any money during the summer is better than no money. Yes, I hope to be a Group Leader however there are LOADS of other positions, Multi-Activity Instructor, Tennis/football/swimming coach, arts and crafts, dance, etc etc.

So do you have to pass the assessment before you can start the job ?

If so , do they pass basically everyone easily? Or do you have to be chosen ?
Reply 8
Original post by ufo_01

So do you have to pass the assessment before you can start the job ?

If so , do they pass basically everyone easily? Or do you have to be chosen ?

Have you applied yet? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by esachica
Have you applied yet? :smile:

Nah I am thinking about it but I've applied for a different role, just wanted to know how they do it first !
Reply 10
Original post by ufo_01
Nah I am thinking about it but I've applied for a different role, just wanted to know how they do it first !

What have you applied for? :smile: And yeah, I want as much detail as possible aha!
hi

esachica - the health and safety questions are mainly in the telephone interview and questions are like safety procedures for indoor activities, sun protection for outdoor games etc etc.

ufo_01 - You first apply online, if you are successful, they give you a telephone interview and if you are successful in that then they invite you to the assessment day and finally if you pass that, then they offer you the job. I reckon it is quite hard because on average there are over 100 other people at each of the assessment days and they need to narrow it down for the individual camp size. And also the Leaders all insist that they want people who are really enthusiastic.

Any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by esachica
What have you applied for? :smile: And yeah, I want as much detail as possible aha!

I applied for catering assistant.
Reply 13
hi

esachica - the health and safety questions are mainly in the telephone interview and questions are like safety procedures for indoor activities, sun protection for outdoor games etc etc.

ufo_01 - You first apply online, if you are successful, they give you a telephone interview and if you are successful in that then they invite you to the assessment day and finally if you pass that, then they offer you the job. I reckon it is quite hard because on average there are over 100 other people at each of the assessment days and they need to narrow it down for the individual camp size. And also the Leaders all insist that they want people who are really enthusiastic.

Any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

ok thanks so it sounds pretty competitive !

At the company i worked at before they only take on the number of people needed and everyone passed except those with bad behaviour etc. But they messed everything up for me so i no longer work there which is why i am considering camp beaumont !
Reply 14
X

Out of curiosity, how did they tell you if you got through to the assessment weekend? Considering it's on the phone, it'd be kind of awkward if they were all "uh, sorry you didn't get through..." XD
Oh lol, no they email you. They emailed me within the next 3 hours of my interview so i was quite happy LOL.
And yes, would have been kind of awkward if they said "sorry you didnt get through" whilst talking to you haaha
Reply 16
Well i might just apply and hope for the best :smile:
Reply 17
I applied on like 19th of March or something and no phone call, so with the assessment being on the 8th of April, am thinking I may have to reapply next year XD
Reply 18
I applied a few weeks back and then received a call on Friday asking if I was still interested in the position of Group Leader, I then scheduled a telephone interview for today. They rang me on the dot and it went really well- the woman was incredibly friendly and it felt really relaxed. I was asked questions such as experience in working with children, had I had positions of responsibility where I've had to maintain a professional act, hobbies/interests and then about my general understanding of the role. At the end she told me she was going to put me on hold and review my answers and then get back to me- I guess this seems daunting but I was really relaxed about it all. After a few minutes she got back and said she'd love to invite me to the assessment and gave me some feedback- she said I had good experience and was really enthusiastic and what not. I'm so impressed with the woman who interviewed me, within minutes of my interview she'd emailed me all of the documents and it just all seems so organised and efficient. I've replied with my return documents and read through EVERYTHING sent and on the website. The only downside is that I have MASSIVELY raised my hopes as I think it'd be an incredible way to spend my summer and be such an amazing experience and provide me with such good experience. If I don't get it, I'd be absolutely gutted.

The camps sound incredible but like a lot of work- but I'm so willing to put in the effort so fingers crossed. The assessment is in Kent which is a slight pain as I live on the complete other side of the country- but I think it'll be a challenge and a lot of fun, so I'm really excited for that. The recruitment woman is posting home documents I need to bring along with me but I don't get back from uni for another week!

Ah, it sounds incredible. I really hope the weekend assessment goes well. Sorry I've rambled, but I hope you might have found it useful!!
Reply 19
Original post by vienna224
I applied a few weeks back and then received a call on Friday asking if I was still interested in the position of Group Leader, I then scheduled a telephone interview for today. They rang me on the dot and it went really well- the woman was incredibly friendly and it felt really relaxed. I was asked questions such as experience in working with children, had I had positions of responsibility where I've had to maintain a professional act, hobbies/interests and then about my general understanding of the role. At the end she told me she was going to put me on hold and review my answers and then get back to me- I guess this seems daunting but I was really relaxed about it all. After a few minutes she got back and said she'd love to invite me to the assessment and gave me some feedback- she said I had good experience and was really enthusiastic and what not. I'm so impressed with the woman who interviewed me, within minutes of my interview she'd emailed me all of the documents and it just all seems so organised and efficient. I've replied with my return documents and read through EVERYTHING sent and on the website. The only downside is that I have MASSIVELY raised my hopes as I think it'd be an incredible way to spend my summer and be such an amazing experience and provide me with such good experience. If I don't get it, I'd be absolutely gutted.

The camps sound incredible but like a lot of work- but I'm so willing to put in the effort so fingers crossed. The assessment is in Kent which is a slight pain as I live on the complete other side of the country- but I think it'll be a challenge and a lot of fun, so I'm really excited for that. The recruitment woman is posting home documents I need to bring along with me but I don't get back from uni for another week!

Ah, it sounds incredible. I really hope the weekend assessment goes well. Sorry I've rambled, but I hope you might have found it useful!!

Aw congratulations! That's really good :smile: Did you put down that you didn't mind which camp you went to, or did you specify? And from where abouts are you travelling from to get to Kent?
Best of luck at the assessment weekend! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending