The Student Room Group

Rude examiner :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lol! omg that examiner must have been having a crap day!
'terrible handwriting' hahahaha
i think you should e-mail the exam board and complain :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: DO IT
Examiners are just idiots!!! And to the people asking...yes it does cost money. Around £12. Money making racket!
Original post by slacker07906
aqa!!!!!!!!!

Typical.

But get it sent for a remark and a different one will mark it :smile:
Reply 23
I wouldn't take it too literally, but I'd take it on board. The examiners have, and will, mark endless scripts, so they know what they're doing. They are never biased, they are always impartial. He/ She obviously wrote/ told you that for a reason. Take the advice, don't whine about it and expect some sympathy from us. Judging from your username you obviously need it!
Original post by cherrycheeks8-)
what theee ****?!
This is why i dont believe in grades! Our future is marked by strangers who could be anyone, and could mark you up or down for any personal stupid reasons..down to luck for the most of time!
send it off for a re-mark, in fact go further, thats not on, not on AT ALL.

omg! when i posrepped you, it was on 1, then it went to 3! SOO, SOMEONE POS REPPED YOU AT THE SAME TIME! WHICH I THINK IS COOL!

COMEE ONN, WHO WASSS IT? ;D comeee onnnn?
aqa!!!!!!!!!

The exam board is AQA - that explaines it all to be honest.. :s-smilie:
Original post by DLJ
They are never biased, they are always impartial.

Always impartial? You know people mark these papers, not robots?
Reply 27
Original post by Casshern1456
Lol that's quite mean yeh:erm:

Um.. does requesting a copy of your script back from the centre cost monie??

heyy...
saw u have firm/insurance done..
what about kings?
heard from them?
Reply 28
It was I! Come at me bro!
I would personally put in a complaint about him :erm:.
Er, can you send the paper for a remark once you've looked at the marking?

You couldn't when I did my A-levels...
Reply 31
Original post by TurboCretin

you can order a photocopy for about £12 and that way you can ask for a remark. if you order your original script for a bit less, you cant get it remarked.
Reply 32
Original post by BradfordCityJoss
Always impartial? You know people mark these papers, not robots?

Yep, my English Language teacher was one and taught part-time. And, from my two years of being her student, I can honestly say that she wasn't a robot. But, you never know these days.

N.B. It's their job to be impartial when marking, which is why teachers don't mark their own students' scripts...
yep ^
Original post by SpiritedAway

Original post by SpiritedAway
I would personally put in a complaint about him :erm:.

I probably would but I doubt anything will happen :s
Reply 35
Original post by TurboCretin

Of course you can?! Why else do you think people would request their paper back, they don't send you the actual paper, just a photocopy
Reply 36
Hi all, got my business unit 3 photocopy back today and I am so mad. I must have had the most harsh examiner in the history of marking. I got a D btw. Anyway as I was reading through what I wrote, I noticed some silly mistakes, but nonethelss worthy of credit. So as I got to the bottom of each question, the examiner had written really rude comments.

Just to name a few, "very narrow minded", "terrible handwriting", "restricted view on life", "illiterate" :eek: I mean what the hell!!!!!!!!!

I got 90% at AS and a D in unit 3. Anyway I have sent for a remark. I am so shocked at how ruthless the examiner was, and I wish he was right in front of me now so I could set off a fire work in his face!!!...Im usually a nice person :frown:

Hang on...is there a particular reason for the negs? I dont mind them...but seriously?

Your post is littered with errors. The bold one is merely the most irritating.
Original post by Planar

Original post by Planar
Your post is littered with errors. The bold one is merely the most irritating.

This is a post on a forum not an exam you fool
Original post by tajmahal
heyy...
saw u have firm/insurance done..
what about kings?
heard from them?

Yep I posted on the KCL thread I got rejected the reason being "you have not achieved or are not predicted to get the grades" YES I was:rolleyes:
awful reason but they do have 4k applicant for just 220 places..
Original post by tateco
Of course you can?! Why else do you think people would request their paper back, they don't send you the actual paper, just a photocopy

Well at the time we were told requesting to see our papers would mean no possibility of remark. Pointless though it seemed on that basis, I didn't question it any further at the time. I've never had a remark, you see.

Quick Reply

Latest