The Student Room Group

'The Mcdonalds Or Burger King thread'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by no-fat-chicks
almost all of my friends have contracted food poisoning from burger king at some point in their life. Mcdonalds wins over BK anyday. KFC is a lot nicer though.

OMG lol. Both me and my dad have got food poisoning from Burger King before which is why they are blacklisted as a place to get food in my family. McDonalds in my opinion is better but I don't like how the prices have risen but the burgers gotten smaller and hardly ever eat there now. KFC is alright, I personally don't think the prices justify the 'quality' of the chicken compared to some normal street shops (who give you good portions of chips too).
Reply 21
I work at Burger King part time and love every minute of it, look forward to my £9.70 of free BK every shift :biggrin:
Reply 22
99p Mayo chicken :sexface:
Reply 23
Based on the food i prefer BurgerKing but I dont really want to be paying £5 for a meal when I could get something similar at McDonalds for £3.69.

So for me its mainly down to price.

McDonalds.
Reply 24
BK chips rock but Maccy D's nuggets are SUMMING ELSE. Gotta say Maccy overall just due to the fact that it is 'McDonald's'. Burger King doesn't have that same... derogatory ring to it. Long live chicken nuggets
Reply 25
McDonalds all the way :biggrin:
McDonalds definitely.

Though I haven't been to Burger King in years...

...I want a McChicken Sandwich meal now :drool:
Burger King's XL Double Bacon Cheeseburger is a BEAST

But it's so damn expensive!

And the problem with there being no sauce, just put your own ketchup in the burgers :wink: Yummy.
I don't like how mcdonalds fries are like 50% salt. I don't even like salt.
Original post by Alans Amp
Based on the food i prefer BurgerKing but I dont really want to be paying £5 for a meal when I could get something similar at McDonalds for £3.69.

So for me its mainly down to price.

McDonalds.

This.

BK is a bit nicer, but it's far too expensive.
Original post by Willum Infanta
McDonalds definitely.

Though I haven't been to Burger King in years...

...I want a McChicken Sandwich meal now :drool:

Hah just had one :wink:

years, man you need to get a meal asap, I'm craving BK now cos I've had mcdonalds like twice this week :/
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Hah just had one :wink:

years, man you need to get a meal asap, I'm craving BK now cos I've had mcdonalds like twice this week :/

May get one some time... :hmmm:

I'm not hungry now anyway, just had a massive feasters burger and an apple turnover...I has lindt lindor next to me too :sogood:
Original post by Willum Infanta
May get one some time... :hmmm:

I'm not hungry now anyway, just had a massive feasters burger and an apple turnover...I has lindt lindor next to me too :sogood:

ahh xD Feasters and Rustlers, love those things but nice.

Seems you're quite the conoisseur of good food bro, I'm also suddenly feeling ice cream cos of the weather... Thorntons' chocolate and villa ice cream in one is like, amazing :cool:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
ahh xD Feasters and Rustlers, love those things but nice.

Seems you're quite the conoisseur of good food bro, I'm also suddenly feeling ice cream cos of the weather... Thorntons' chocolate and villa ice cream in one is like, amazing :cool:

Not as much as TotoMimo :sigh:

Ben & Jerry's and the freezer for later though...I'm starting to get quite a pile of empty tubs :ahee:
Nothin' could beat this bad boy when i had it!

KFC Jus' for even creating that ^

But i dream of a day where i can have Mcdonalds burgers with BK's Fries :emo:
Reply 35
Original post by Jonty99
This.

BK is a bit nicer, but it's far too expensive.

I think it's priced reasonably for some items, and absurdly for others. But that's another thing that I'll add to my "Burger King at it's peak is tremendous and preferable in every way to McDonalds, but is remarkably inconsistent and as such you could go back the next day and it taste like a punch in the face" comment - the inconsistencies extend to pricing too.

God knows how they get their pricing schemes because I literally have never been to two different towns in succession where prices for the same items are the same. And god help you if you go to a Burger King at services/railway stations/airports.

Now THAT is extortion.

Quick Reply

Latest