The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4060
Original post by *BB*
Hello,

All those with offers for Law courses at the University of Warwick who have or are very likely to firm Warwick, please come join the 'University of Warwick Law Firmers 2011' Thread.

Also, how many people are still waiting to hear back from Warwick for law? :smile:

i'm still waiting :frown:
Original post by k1mg7

still waiting on warwick and king's -_- i sent my app in november
I can’t believe how long Warwick have taken seeing as my application has been there since October! I’m guessing it’s because I’m not following the traditional route by doing A-levels (Access to HE)

PLEASE PLEASE WARWICK!!!! I’m thinking a rejection is better than this waiting game :smile:
Agree with everyone on the Warwick situation.
They emailed to ask me what I was doing on my gap year (even though it was in my PS), so that they could "process a decision".
I smell a rejection!
Original post by Adelaide123
They emailed to ask me what I was doing on my gap year (even though it was in my PS), so that they could "process a decision".
I smell a rejection!

atleast they have emailed you, im still awaiting a grading email i sent them 4 weeks ago...good luck with your application :smile:
Rejected from Glasgow on Friday and from Edinburgh yesterday, but thankfully have an unconditional to Dundee so thank god :biggrin:. I also heard today that the Edinburgh law school received over 750 applications for 35 spaces they offered this year, so yeahhh...
Reply 4066
Original post by sfriday

Original post by sfriday
i was about to firm exeter then saw this! for what reasons?

- Its a better university
- Law faculty is much nicer
- Law at Bristol = more prestige
- Social life!

Just that, a few of my friends who went to Exeter, say its a bit of a bore.... Maybe its just my bias?

Why exeter though?
Reply 4067
Original post by Potiron

Original post by Potiron
I am, they've asked me for additional references and given me a really short notice deadline to get hold of them, so I'm not sure how that's going to pan out.

Think I'd rather go to Bristol anyway :tongue:

Haha yes, Bristol > Warwick!
Reply 4068
Original post by Adelaide123
I smell a rejection!

oh whaaaat :/ i haven't received any emails at all... i applied in early november :/
Original post by Bexxy_2010
OOOO Reading - not too far from me. I met one of the professors from there, he came into the Law Society I ran at College to speak to us. He was excellent! I was very impressed with Reading I must say. Don't know much about SOAS but again they have a great reputation for Law. Well done!! :biggrin: How did results go today?

hahah I try my best. Interview there has to be one of the weirdest experiences I have had. I think I am lucky in many ways. I'm still not sure they've made the right decision letting me in! I am working at the moment, saving and will be going to Indonesia and Sri Lanka in the summer. At the beginning of my year Sept-Dec I worked in court, went to the Labour Party Conference and obviously had to pop my applications in for University.

Which would you like to go to most - Reading or Soas?

X

i've got an offer for bristol now too, and thats AAB! got rejected from nottingham, STILL waiting on warwick! and i dont even want to go there!! haha

out of the three i've got offers from, i liked soas best. but then that's three A's, and i dont think i'm going to get that anymore, i did REALLY badly in all my exams, no exaggeration. don't know what happened, i got B,C,D! :s-smilie: ahhhhhhhhhhh! panicking now. i'm thinking of firming bristol, cos i'm really unlikely to get to SOAS now...

wow, sounds like your UCAS form was nicely decorated with all of those experiences- no wonder they accepted you, got plenty of experience, ayy? LOL :smile:
Reply 4070
Original post by *BB*
Hello,

All those with offers for Law courses at the University of Warwick who have or are very likely to firm Warwick, please come join the 'University of Warwick Law Firmers 2011' Thread.

Also, how many people are still waiting to hear back from Warwick for law? :smile:

I'm still waiting :confused: my friend has just got an offer a couple of minutes ago but he sent his application off very early on. Getting frustrated now!
Another one of my friends called up Warwick today and they said they aim to reply to all law applications by the 31st of March (about time!!)
Reply 4071
Original post by Milkplus-Mesto
Rejection from Edinburgh.

... and not a single f*** was given that day ...

Hey. I'm sorry to hear about that :/ I applied to Edinburgh too for Law. Still haven't heard back. Do you mind me asking when you sent your application etc? Because I'm not sure how long I should be expecting to wait for Edinburgh, as I don't know anyone else who has applied there...
Original post by sarahcav
Hey. I'm sorry to hear about that :/ I applied to Edinburgh too for Law. Still haven't heard back. Do you mind me asking when you sent your application etc? Because I'm not sure how long I should be expecting to wait for Edinburgh, as I don't know anyone else who has applied there...

I sent my application on October 1st (well, that's when my school sent it to UCAS and UCAS processed it), and if it helps, I did my LNAT on the 17th November (although Edinburgh isn't LNAT, so that's not really relevant). I've heard they can take ages though, so don't worry, it could be April or later.

Good luck! I hope you hear (something good) very soon :smile:
Reply 4073
Original post by Milkplus-Mesto
I sent my application on October 1st (well, that's when my school sent it to UCAS and UCAS processed it), and if it helps, I did my LNAT on the 17th November (although Edinburgh isn't LNAT, so that's not really relevant). I've heard they can take ages though, so don't worry, it could be April or later.

Good luck! I hope you hear (something good) very soon :smile:

Ahh, see you're all efficient and sent yours off early! I sent mine off mid October to my school... but they didn't send it off til the beginning of November! :eek: Ahh well... I was just reading some earlier posts about the crazy amount of applications for the tiny number of places for law! I wouldn't be surprised if I get rejected to be honest (I'd rather they did it sooner rather than later though!)

Still waiting on Warwick too... Its all just a silly waiting game now...

Thank you anyway! Good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 4074
Original post by michaelalexander13
Congrats on the offer! Did you just hear from them? If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for LNAT?:smile:

Thanks :smile: the MyApplication update e-mail came at 19:50. I got 23 on the LNAT. Best of luck!
Reply 4075
Just got an AAA offer from Warwick for European Law. I need to choose either them or UCL as my firm (same course same conditions). I can't pick! I am not keen on London as I am not used to the city but should I go? AHH!
Reply 4076
Original post by *BB*
Hello,

Still waiting ...
Reply 4077
Original post by k1mg7

Aww, hang in there! Will it be your firm if (when :biggrin:) you get an offer?
Reply 4078
Original post by viola146
Just got an AAA offer from Warwick for European Law. I need to choose either them or UCL as my firm (same course same conditions). I can't pick! I am not keen on London as I am not used to the city but should I go? AHH!

Warwick - unique approach to law 'law in context'. International links... Massssive campus :smile:
UCL - International links. London. I've got a friend who went to London, she loves it but the rush hour/ always manic thing annoys her.
Reply 4079
Original post by Lis10
Still waiting ...

:frown: if you get an offer will you firm it? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending