The Student Room Group

He is gay.

Hi,

To cut a long story short - I've liked this guy for a while now. He's funny, smart, handsome, caring but he's gay. Over the past few months my feelings had really developed for him but today I found out that he's gay. I'm just heartbroken right now and don't really know what to think?

Any advice out there? I know its not his fault that he's gay but why do I always fall for people who are either not into me at the time that I am or they're gay?

:frown:
Reply 1
If he is gay then there is not much you can ever do about that. You can become friends, but you need to feel comfortable in doing so.
Reply 2
Original post by Theliongirl
Hi,

To cut a long story short - I've liked this guy for a while now. He's funny, smart, handsome, caring but he's gay. Over the past few months my feelings had really developed for him but today I found out that he's gay. I'm just heartbroken right now and don't really know what to think?

Any advice out there? I know its not his fault that he's gay but why do I always fall for people who are either not into me at the time that I am or they're gay?

So the only thing that has changed is that you won't be having sexual intercourse with him? Because not much else would change. Also you're upset that he has the courage to be himself and not try to be someone else to please others, you should applaud that and be his friend.
Cause he sounds awesome, tad like myself. (:
Reply 3
Time will heal. Trust me, it takes time but you'll be fine :smile:
gay guys are just nasty, lesbos are cool
Reply 5
Original post by Tyler.
So the only thing that has changed is that you won't be having sexual intercourse with him? Because not much else would change. Also you're upset that he has the courage to be himself and not try to be someone else to please others, you should applaud that and be his friend.
Cause he sounds awesome, tad like myself. (:

She isn't in a relationship with the guy. She has a crush on him. What is it with some TSRers who don't even understand the point of some posts and just come out with a load of rubbish?
Reply 6
Original post by TheHeart
She isn't in a relationship with the guy. She has a crush on him. What is it with some TSRers who don't even understand the point of some posts and just come out with a load of rubbish?

It seems apparent you didn't read what I actually said. Which is a shame cause now you just look like an anal bead.

EDIT: Suzanne Boyle's anal bead.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I don't have any advice other than to say someone is out there for you and I hope they come in to your life soon x
The best ones are gay.

:sigh:
Ha! Most if not all of the 'perfect' guys I know i.e. Handsome, funny, intelligent, well groomed, caring- are gay. I know it's a cliche but it's totally true. (I'm a straight guy btw)
Original post by whitepearlbaby
The best ones are gay.

That's definitely my favourite 'Friday' image/gif btw. Love it:biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Theliongirl
Hi,

To cut a long story short - I've liked this guy for a while now. He's funny, smart, handsome, caring.

And that wasnt hint enough for you?

Jokes apart, this is just like getting over a crush who wasnt into you. You guys can still be friends and the next time you have a crush on another guy, you can ask help from this one in determining his sexuality.

We gay guys are too used to this situation, I swear everytime we have a crush the guy turns out to be straight.
(edited 13 years ago)
I've had a guy tell me he thinks he's gay AFTER getting with me. Trust me thats way worse.
Reply 14
agree to put on a strap on and break open his back door. He should be in your arms in no time. :biggrin:

Though I came across the surprising revelation that not all gay guys like anal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Ahaha, happened to me once. I really liked a guy at my old school and thought we had a shot... But before I developed deep feelings for him we had a heart to heart and he told me he's gay and then he said "why else do you think I want to go to navy?"

Well, the point is you probably couldn't have liked him that much because you didn't even know he was gay - ergo probably don't know a lot of other stuff about him... Me and this guy? We are still friends but turns out he has the most violent mood swings and although we are still friends I glad he was gay and never went out because he could have hurt me big time!
Original post by whitepearlbaby
The best ones are gay.

So true! I know so many people who've had a crush on someone who later turnt out to be gay. I've managed to get a crush on someone even though I knew from the outset they were gay. The heart wants what the heart wants but in time you will get over it.

It took me ages. I still hung out with him and when we'd go out we'd alwas end up flirting which just made it worse and you feel awful. But then one day the crush was just gone. Hard to explain really. It may seem like ages until you get over it but you will, just takes time.

He's still my friend (though as I'm not so besotted with him I can see his flaws now as well as his good points :smile:)and at the end of the day friendship is the most important thing in any relationship :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending