The Student Room Group

Girls who try so hard to be a lad. Why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Out of all the things to complain about, you choose to complain about this?
The word 'dude' isn't a prominent guy word. Just saying.

Also why is it such a problem, I don't really speak in the ways you say but at the same time does it matter?

Its not really trying to be a lad either in my eyes, i'd understand if there were other signs of trying to be a lad, but this on it own imo is not even trying to be a lad.

2 cents. :h:
Dictator much?

Surely you'll realise that we don't live back in the days, I don't speak like dude etc but this is the future, deal with it. People won't change how they speak because of your thread.

If it makes you feel like removing people then maybe you should consider deleting/disabling your FB, because that my friend is taking facebook to the next level. No one takes FB seriously...especially to that extent.
Original post by PurpleConverse
Dictator much?

Surely you'll realise that we don't live back in the days, I don't speak like dude etc but this is the future, deal with it. People won't change how they speak because of your thread.

If it makes you feel like removing people then maybe you should consider deleting/disabling your FB, because that my friend is taking facebook to the next level. No one takes FB seriously...especially to that extent.

How is it being stuck in the past, elaborate please?

It just sounds weird, I never said that they couldn't say it, I just asked why, there is a difference so stop jumping down peoples throats. Did I say they cant say it? No.

I dont expect anyone to change because of my thread and I never said I did expect them too, I just asked why to get an answer from girls who do say it. Nothing wrong with asking why.

And I remove them because I see the words dude, lad, brother, man, as words used between males in banter that would take place after a football match or out down the pub, when you're just having a laugh and messing about with the boys. Seeing as I link those words to 'being around lads' and then all of a sudden a girl on facebook using them I think of them as being masculine and therefore I find them unattractive, which im quite entitled to do. We're all allowed an opinion and likes/dislikes. Also, its not taking it to the extreme at all. If I meet a girl and then I add her on facebook and she starts being all laddish with me, I don't want to know! simple as that really! even my girlfriend thinks women should act like women and her friends, plus others on here, so im not alone in thinking this!

I suggest you type

'girls who say' into Google and you'll see in the drop down list that 'girls who say dude' appears and 'girls who say man' appears! because other men find it weird too!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Irrelevant BS that no one cares for.

Lol I didn't really read that, if i'm being honest.

As my brother would say, 'jam your hype'. Why you so angry for?

Stop trying to make out that girls should speak in a certain way, which is what I felt from your first post. Thats all.

Good for you if you don't like it but your thread won't change anything plus I feel your thread is more a rant, hence the response. If you can't take it its cool but i'm expressing my opinion to your thread. Simples.

I'm not the only one who's interpretated it that way too...sooo back at ya.

Loool you saddo I just read the end of your response, sorry but i've got better things to do than type in random things in google. Which may I add would hardly prove your point.

On to the next one..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 165
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
It just sounds weird, I never said that they couldn't say it, I just asked why, there is a difference so stop jumping down peoples throats. Did I say they cant say it? No.

Bro no ones jumping down your throat lmfao, but did you really expect to make such a thread without responses like that.

Your initial post makes you seem like an uptight guy who really gets emotional about what people write on crapbook. Thats all.
Original post by Nom_Nom_
Bro no ones jumping down your throat lmfao, but did you really expect to make such a thread without responses like that.

Your initial post makes you seem like an uptight guy who really gets emotional about what people write on crapbook. Thats all.

This.

yeah okay, nice!

you form an opinion of someone you dont even know based on a thread they started and im the one with problems? okay...:rolleyes:

i dont get emotional at all lad. I speak my mind. As for you calling me uptight, why would I be?

I have a girlfriend who acts like a woman, I box and im getting back into rugby soon! you know nothing else about me other than I do not find women who act like men attractive, and that im a Cardiff City fan if you've seen my other threads.

I don't care what people put on facebook, I just stated that they put it on there as well as say it in person etc, not just on there, I did state that, maybe a pair of reading glasses would do you wonders!
Lol I didn't really read that, if i'm being honest.

As my brother would say, 'jam your hype'. Why you so angry for?

Stop trying to make out that girls should speak in a certain way, which is what I felt from your first post. Thats all.

Good for you if you don't like it but your thread won't change anything plus I feel your thread is more a rant, hence the response. If you can't take it its cool but i'm expressing my opinion to your thread. Simples.

I'm not the only one who's interpretated it that way too...sooo back at ya.

Loool you saddo I just read the end of your response, sorry but i've got better things to do than type in random things in google. Which may I add would hardly prove your point.

On to the next one..

yeah okay.

first you say 'I didn't read your response' then 'I just read the end of your response'. Someone clearly has a mental disorder! make up your mind lad!

I never said they SHOULD, I asked why they did? Learn to read, seriously!

I asked a question, why is this not allowed?

At least some girls had the decency to say

1. because we do it to take the mickey
2. we do it because we hang around with males
3. we do it because we're used to doing it

also, all the bits bolded prove its your opinion, many people agree with me!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jjackson18624
respekt bruv :lol:

Init Blud :smug:
yeah okay.

first you say 'I didn't read your response' then 'I just read the end of your response'. Someone clearly has a mental disorder! make up your mind lad!

also, all the bits bolded prove its your opinion, many people agree with me!

Firstly read my post again, I said, "Loool you saddo I just read the end of your response" clearly you lack the capacity that it says 'end of response'.

Secondly, mental health or 'disorder' as you like to call it, isn't something to make fun of either. Dunno if that was meant to be funny or whatever.

Thirdly 'lad'? .... *tumbleweed* how about no?

And your fail attempt at proving your so manly adds no weight to the argument lol, girls say words like dude etc get over it, don't crack a bloody boner.

Jesus people like you are so tried. There are plenty more issues in life to worry about but your main issue for now is the use of words girls are using. Hello?

I'm done debating with you lol. Your just so tried its ridiculous.
(edited 13 years ago)

Lol true stories.
Reply 172
yeah okay, nice!

you form an opinion of someone you dont even know based on a thread they started and im the one with problems? okay...:rolleyes:

i dont get emotional at all lad. I speak my mind. As for you calling me uptight, why would I be?

I have a girlfriend who acts like a woman, I box and im getting back into rugby soon! you know nothing else about me other than I do not find women who act like men attractive, and that im a Cardiff City fan if you've seen my other threads.

I don't care what people put on facebook, I just stated that they put it on there as well as say it in person etc, not just on there, I did state that, maybe a pair of reading glasses would do you wonders!

No but a thread expressing how you want to remove people off Facebook implies your uptight, who gets annoyed about things to that extent? Srsly? People annoy me with their statuses on FB but I don't throw a blind rage and feel like supposedly doing that lmao.

Yes because a girl saying the word 'dude' now and again is a sure sign that shes acting masculine, lol are you amish or something? You really come across as that just from your opening post and your recent posts.

Lol as purpleconverse said you don't have to justify how manly you are rofl.

Witty fail aswell. HURRDURR. Deal with it.
Reply 173
Lol true stories.

Lol I bet he's typing up some longass post for you to respond to. :wink:
Reply 174
they are being ironic?
No but a thread expressing how you want to remove people off Facebook implies your uptight, who gets annoyed about things to that extent? Srsly? People annoy me with their statuses on FB but I don't throw a blind rage and feel like supposedly doing that lmao.

Yes because a girl saying the word 'dude' now and again is a sure sign that shes acting masculine, lol are you amish or something? You really come across as that just from your opening post and your recent posts.

Lol as purpleconverse said you don't have to justify how manly you are rofl.

Witty fail aswell. HURRDURR. Deal with it.

I dont get annoyed. I just remove them for being ladettes. I have no qualms with them.

So you're implying all amish people dislike women who act in a masculine manner? generalisation to the masses.

Also, your last sentence is one of a chav, that is all! im no longer going to speak to a lesser human being!
Firstly read my post again, I said, "Loool you saddo I just read the end of your response" clearly you lack the capacity that it says 'end of response'.

I know what is says but you seem to lack the capacity to understand that first you said you didn't read it, and then you said you did. Either you did or you didn't, make your mind up Miss split personality.

Secondly, mental health or 'disorder' as you like to call it, isn't something to make fun of either. Dunno if that was meant to be funny or whatever.

In what way did I say it was funny? another assumption. You're very good at those mind aren't you?

Thirdly 'lad'? .... *tumbleweed* how about no?

how about yes? seeing as you think its okay for everyone to say it, i'll happily call you that.

And your fail attempt at proving your so manly adds no weight to the argument lol, girls say words like dude etc get over it, don't crack a bloody boner.

grow up with your stupid terms and adolescent anecdotes. I don't get angry over women who use the word, I just find them unattractive, thats all.

Jesus people like you are so tried. There are plenty more issues in life to worry about but your main issue for now is the use of words girls are using. Hello?

I'm done debating with you lol. Your just so tried its ridiculous.

Did I say it was a main issue? Yet another assumption. :facepalm:

I just asked why because so many girls these days say such things and I dislike it myself and many other men i've spoke to dislike it so I know its not only me. Therefore, as I knew a lot of men disliked it, I asked the question why. There is nothing at all wrong with that. Judging by your replies and how witty and humorous you think you are to other strangers on a forum, as you obviously feel the need to impress and have chuckle over the internet, Im guessing it must be that time of the month.
(edited 13 years ago)
Im guessing it must be that time of the month

I'm completely impartial to your argument between to 2 involved but on a level was that really necessary lol?
Original post by Nayberay
I'm completely impartial to your argument between to 2 involved but on a level was that really necessary lol?

Its because he doesn't know how to argue without putting people down rofl to make him feel better.

Defensive guy he is. Uptight aswell. I'm very happy my other half is nothing like this cos this guy is tripping over FB.
Original post by Nayberay

Maybe not, but I still think that they're over reacting when all I did was ask for the opinion of girls hence the thread title. I never slated them or said that they were vile and despicable human beings like so many others do on here. I merely asked a question as a lot of my mates also find girls who use such words unattractive.

Also, roughly 40% of the rep ratings have agreed with me. Even girls I know dislike girls who are like it, so its not only me.

Its a shame that we live in a society where everyone has to conform to be one thing, like certain things or do certain things to make everyone else happy. I only asked a question and certain individuals think its funny to go on a petty and immature tirade and take my points to extremities I never even went to in the first place. Maturity is bliss!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending