The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Hei everyone..I'm new here.. I've actually gotten an offer from st.andrews about a week ago.. I'm an international though..Any Malaysians here who have received offers too?
Original post by munes_11
Hei everyone..I'm new here.. I've actually gotten an offer from st.andrews about a week ago.. I'm an international though..Any Malaysians here who have received offers too?

Hey, I'm an international too.
Congrats for your offer!
I'm still waiting for one! :mad:
When was your interview?
Did you have it on the phone, skype, or in person?
Reply 1802
Original post by rafaelvdv93
Hey, I'm an international too.
Congrats for your offer!
I'm still waiting for one! :mad:
When was your interview?
Did you have it on the phone, skype, or in person?

My interview was on the 23rd Feb. It was on the phone. Where are you from? Is St.A is your first choice?
Original post by munes_11
My interview was on the 23rd Feb. It was on the phone. Where are you from? Is St.A is your first choice?

I'm from Kuwait.
Yeah its my first choice! I really want to go there!
I had my interview on Feb 23 as well but mine was in person.
So are you going to firm St Andrews and was the offer given to you through ucas track or an email directly from St. Andrews?
Original post by ed.d
Lauren - my apologies :wink: Did your interview go well?

Jen - I think you went a lil' bit red actually :biggrin: Fundee was imense. I ended up meeting a bunch of randoms, finding myself in the Dundee student union @69p a drink - lets just say the next thing I know i'm waking up rather less dressed than I ought to be in the communal bathroom of my b&b at 7am. Epic.

Heard from St. A yet?

Lol knowing me I probably did. Glad you enjoyed yourself, sounds like a good place :smile: Just as well seeing as i got my rejection from st andrews today :/ It's Dundee all the way for me now! To be fair, my interview was pretty awful.
Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by JungleJen
Lol knowing me I probably did. Glad you enjoyed yourself, sounds like a good place :smile: Just as well seeing as i got my rejection from st andrews today :/ It's Dundee all the way for me now! To be fair, my interview was pretty awful.

I got my rejection today too, only got leicester left. Totally havent cried for the past 4 hours :ninja:

I have a feeling it's 'cus of our ukcats you know, on the stalking thing everyone with a ukcat of ~630 got rejected

God i already feel lonely on this gap year when all my best friends will be at uni :frown:
Reply 1806
Original post by laurenl93
I got my rejection today too, only got leicester left. Totally havent cried for the past 4 hours :ninja:

I have a feeling it's 'cus of our ukcats you know, on the stalking thing everyone with a ukcat of ~630 got rejected

God i already feel lonely on this gap year when all my best friends will be at uni :frown:

I'm still around, UKCAT 637.5. St Andrews is my last chance, I know how you feel :frown:
Reply 1807

Original post by hm360
I'm still around, UKCAT 637.5. St Andrews is my last chance, I know how you feel :frown:

Gap year's not so bad :P I got rejected by all 4 last year and got 2 unconditionals this year! Just got to keep focused and not waste the year- show admissions you want it! I got a job, did more work experience (I did two audit papers with a consultant surgeon but you don't have to do that, I admit I was very luck to get it) and matured a hell of a lot in myself. In hindsight, I wouldn't have said I was ready in my last year of school to do Medicine :P

It is hard I know when your friends are all away at uni and you aren't but by and large most people don't get in their first time and the majority of the people on the course are 19-20+. It's never going to pass you by and you'll probably want the extra maturity of the extra year.

Also about the UKCAT thing, my first one was 660average, this year's was 705. Its a lot easier the second time around since you know what you're up against. :biggrin:

Be cool, be prepared and don't lose your resolve (or bomb your exams).

(Sorry if its a bit pre-emptive. I didn't mean it like that and didn't mean to suggest anything - hoping people get in, just that it might not be the worst thing to happen and the post I hope helps a few other people in situations with rejections.)
(edited 13 years ago)

That sucks! Good luck for leicester, I really hope you get an offer.
Yeah, i only had 620 so that's understandable.
Most of all - keep positive :smile:
Original post by hm360

Sorry! I must have missed you out :P I got 625 though hehe, I totally know how you feel too mate have any of your friends got offers? My best friend has, but it's a real kick in the teeth becaus e there's a lad in my year with an offer from oxford and st andrews who's waiting to get an offer from newcastle too who intends on firming oxford and insurancing st andrews "just for the crack". selfish bastard. :unimpressed:
hehe.

Original post by Chivalry
Gap year's not so bad :P I got rejected by all 4 last year and got 2 unconditionals this year! Just got to keep focused and not waste the year- show admissions you want it! I got a job, did more work experience (I did two audit papers with a consultant surgeon but you don't have to do that, I admit I was very luck to get it) and matured a hell of a lot in myself. In hindsight, I wouldn't have said I was ready in my last year of school to do Medicine :P

It is hard I know when your friends are all away at uni and you aren't but by and large most people don't get in their first time and the majority of the people on the course are 19-20+. It's never going to pass you by and you'll probably want the extra maturity of the extra year.

Also about the UKCAT thing, my first one was 660average, this year's was 705. Its a lot easier the second time around since you know what you're up against. :biggrin:

Be cool, be prepared and don't lose your resolve (or bomb your exams).

(Sorry if its a bit pre-emptive. I didn't mean it like that and didn't mean to suggest anything - hoping people get in, just that it might not be the worst thing to happen and the post I hope helps a few other people in situations with rejections.)

Awh thank you that's really nice of you to say that, the only thing im worried about is firstly finding a HCA job, and also the chances of being bored and lonely stuck at home while my frriends are away from home if you know what i mean? :smile:
God no, i'm so damn determined to get an A in chemistry if it kills me. not getting an A just isnt an option for me and if i do then....lets not think about that hehe.
Hate ukcat. loads.
Just need to get over the rejection first then plan my next step! :h:
That sucks! Good luck for leicester, I really hope you get an offer.
Yeah, i only had 620 so that's understandable.
Most of all - keep positive :smile:

Haha awh thanks :smile: im not very positive about leic though but my finers and toes are crossed, gap yearring is soo not what i wanted to do but i guess i have no choice etc etc. it could be worse, i couldve got no interviews :smile:
ukcat's ****.
So does that mean you're off to dundee?! how exciting! :biggrin:
Reply 1810

:smile: It is a good place! Sorry to hear you got a rejection, but at least you've Dundee on the cards (and I thought you felt Dundee was your prefered anyway?). I have heard, I only got a soddin' offer :biggrin: Gonna hold to you to showing me the Scotish ropes as agreed :P
Reply 1811
Sorry! I must have missed you out :P I got 625 though hehe, I totally know how you feel too mate have any of your friends got offers? My best friend has, but it's a real kick in the teeth becaus e there's a lad in my year with an offer from oxford and st andrews who's waiting to get an offer from newcastle too who intends on firming oxford and insurancing st andrews "just for the crack". selfish bastard. :unimpressed:
hehe.

Awh thank you that's really nice of you to say that, the only thing im worried about is firstly finding a HCA job, and also the chances of being bored and lonely stuck at home while my frriends are away from home if you know what i mean? :smile:
God no, i'm so damn determined to get an A in chemistry if it kills me. not getting an A just isnt an option for me and if i do then....lets not think about that hehe.
Hate ukcat. loads.
Just need to get over the rejection first then plan my next step! :h:

Haha awh thanks :smile: im not very positive about leic though but my finers and toes are crossed, gap yearring is soo not what i wanted to do but i guess i have no choice etc etc. it could be worse, i couldve got no interviews :smile:
ukcat's ****.
So does that mean you're off to dundee?! how exciting! :biggrin:

Hey Lauren-i-mistook-jen-for! Sorry to hear you got rejection from st andrews, but don't let it get you down :wink: Keep hope for leic and if that doesn't work out, well then make sure by this time next year you've beaten a place out of them all :biggrin: which, of course, i'm sure you will!
Reply 1812
Original post by rafaelvdv93
I'm from Kuwait.
Yeah its my first choice! I really want to go there!
I had my interview on Feb 23 as well but mine was in person.
So are you going to firm St Andrews and was the offer given to you through ucas track or an email directly from St. Andrews?

An e-mail was sent to me. My UCAS has not been updated yet.
Reply 1813
News for anyone ? I was really thinking that they would start giving out offers/rejections this week.:confused:
I just got an unconditional offer for st Andrews, Scottish campus! Omg so excited!!
Fingers crossed to all those waiting! Px
Reply 1815
Original post by polldoll
I just got an unconditional offer for st Andrews, Scottish campus! Omg so excited!!
Fingers crossed to all those waiting! Px

Congratulations !! Did it come on track or mail ? and at what hour? I am so nervous and
eager for my answer to come too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ed.d
:smile: It is a good place! Sorry to hear you got a rejection, but at least you've Dundee on the cards (and I thought you felt Dundee was your prefered anyway?). I have heard, I only got a soddin' offer :biggrin: Gonna hold to you to showing me the Scotish ropes as agreed :P

Check you out! Well done :smile:
I probably would've picked dundee but it saves me from having to choose. Annnddd I'm not too far away from St andrews so i can always go for a wee day trip or something eh?
Are you gonna wait to hear from your other unis?
It updated on track within the last hour. No email arrived yet!
Got an offer through track today at 5.11! Very very excited! Definitely my top choice , the wait was truly worth it ! Best of luck to those who haven't heard!:smile:
Reply 1819
Check you out! Well done :smile:
I probably would've picked dundee but it saves me from having to choose. Annnddd I'm not too far away from St andrews so i can always go for a wee day trip or something eh?
Are you gonna wait to hear from your other unis?

Cheers! Day trip?? Night trip more like (although from what I can remember of the student union at dundee, it's more likely I'd be heading over your way!!)

I just want to confirm St Andrews really, I haven't even heard back from Kings or Soton, and BSMS put me on some form of reserve list (?)

Just trying to figure out what I'm gonna do about accom. and money. Might be another excuse for a trip up :rolleyes:

You confirm Dundee then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending