The Student Room Group

Year 11s, have you started revising for your GCSEs yet? What are your week points?

I'm not that bad at English to have written WEEK deliberately! I promise it's just a typo! :P

I haven't started yet but I definitely will start by the Easter holidays.

Most subjects I'm ok with and are just a case of memorizing facts before the exam. The one I'm most worried about though and most likely to slip up on is English. I'm going to spend most my time revising this; especially the anthology and Wuthering Heights. Does anyone know if we have to know both clusters in the anthology or only one?

What about everyone else?

Have you started yet?

What do you need to revise?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And has everyone done all their coursework?
Reply 2
Well, your 'week' point appears to be English language.
Reply 3
I'm not doing GCSEs, but I think your weak point may be spelling.
Reply 4
Original post by Alexx53

Weak*, sorry, it had to be said.
Reply 5
Original post by Hudzy
I'm not doing GCSEs, but I think your weak point may be spelling.

I thought this too, seriously, now is too early for GCSEs. Start towards the end of April at the most I would say
Reply 6
Original post by Lozza_00
I haven't started yet but I definitely will start by the Easter holidays.

Most subjects I'm ok with and are just a case of memorizing facts before the exam. The one I'm most worried about though and most likely to slip up on is English. I'm going to spend most my time revising this; especially the anthology and Wuthering Heights. Does anyone know if we have to know both clusters in the anthology or only one?

What about everyone else?

Have you started yet?

What do you need to revise?

Same here, I need to start then and English is definitely my weaker point and I love just memorising facts lol that's why I'm great at Edexcel's Science! :P Lol, what grades are you predicted for gcse? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Alexx53

Original post by Aminaubah

My WEAK point is my English but I'm not that bad.... I promise that was just a typo!
Reply 8
Original post by Lewis :D
I thought this too, seriously, now is too early for GCSEs. Start towards the end of April at the most I would say

Some exams are like mid-May around the 16th though and how many hours would you recommend then( a day) ?
Reply 9

Yeah, I know it is weak,; I was just pointing out that OP said 'week' instead - hence the inverted comma's :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Lewis :D

I was planning on that but my first exam (English) is 5th May and there are lots in may :frown:
Reply 11
My WEAK point is my English but I'm not that bad.... I promise that was just a typo!

Hehe OK :wink:
Reply 12
Your spelling! haha
Reply 13
Same here, I need to start then and English is definitely my weaker point and I love just memorising facts lol that's why I'm great at Edexcel's Science! :P Lol, what grades are you predicted for gcse? :smile:

All A/A* which I should be able to get as long as I revise properly apart from English which I'm A/B borderline so will probably just come down to luck. How about you?
Reply 14
I've started. Just an hour a day really but more for the subjects I need to learn (ie statistics because I'm entering myself). I'll get more intense in the holidays I think.

Still need to get stats coursework done :/
Reply 15
Some exams are like mid-May around the 16th though and how many hours would you recommend then( a day) ?

I was planning on that but my first exam (English) is 5th May and there are lots in may :frown:

I started study leave in late april, so I revised everyday for around 4 hours. I made a timetable too, I liked crossing out the subjects when I did the exam, it felt satisfying in a weird way. Good luck :biggrin:
i started last week doing at least 2 hours on a school day..gonna be a long few months :frown:

it had been said twice already. do you not realize how annoying that is?

and i started revision in easter too, and did okay. good luck OP
Reply 18
Original post by halii_94
i started last week doing at least 2 hours on a school day..gonna be a long few months :frown:

All going to plan so far?

Ie. are you actually doing 2 productive hours a day?
All going to plan so far?

Ie. are you actually doing 2 productive hours a day?

well I started with a timetable of three hours per day last week..didn't work at all,got distracted and bored easily but this week I cut it down to 2 and it has worked and is productive considering I'm away from all distractions

Quick Reply

Latest