The Student Room Group

Omission of GCSE grades

Hi. I am going to apply in September 2010 to do medicine.

Is it possible not to submit a GCSE grade? It's the only course I did with that exam board, and [attempt to justify]it's not representative of my academic potential, nor is it relevant to my course.[/attempt to justify]

It's a poor grade and I don't want to submit it.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot to mention I asked the UCAS officer at my school and she told me she didn't have the foggiest. Wonderful.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VisualKiddy

Is it possible not to submit a GCSE grade? It's the only course I did with that exam board, and [attempt to justify]it's not representative of my academic potential, nor is it relevant to my course.[/attempt to justify]

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot to mention I asked the UCAS officer at my school and she told me she didn't have the foggiest. Wonderful.

You don't have to if you choose not to. Unless it's English or math.
Reply 2

You have to put down all GCSE grades, one bad grade isn't going to harm your application in the slightest.
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure you're not meant to omit anything from your UCAS form, even if it's not tremendous; I have a friend who got an E in Economics (as well as AAAA in her other subjects) at AS, and wasn't allowed to leave it off.

Edit: Wtf? What did I do here to deserve negrep? If I'm factually wrong, please tell me, because it's good to know and I'm only going on things I learnt last year; if I'm not wrong, I really can't think of any other reasons to vote this down! The 'friend' isn't me and I'm not doing that irritating thing people do where they say 'my friend' and mean themselves - I don't even have an Economics AS!
(edited 13 years ago)
I think you have to declare every qualification you have ever attained. A 'U' doesn't count as a qualification, but I think an E does...
At our school we were allowed to, but I guess the neg rep shows otherwise.
Reply 6
Wow, your applying in 2010?

That's the first time travelling medical applicant I've ever heard of.
Reply 7
Original post by kerily
I'm pretty sure you're not meant to omit anything from your UCAS form, even if it's not tremendous; I have a friend who got an E in Economics (as well as AAAA in her other subjects) at AS, and wasn't allowed to leave it off.

Edit: Wtf? What did I do here to deserve negrep? If I'm factually wrong, please tell me, because it's good to know and I'm only going on things I learnt last year; if I'm not wrong, I really can't think of any other reasons to vote this down! The 'friend' isn't me and I'm not doing that irritating thing people do where they say 'my friend' and mean themselves - I don't even have an Economics AS!

I got neg rep as well for teling the truth.
Reply 8

You are required to include ALL qualifications whether you want to or not. If it turns out later that you have lied (leaving things out is lying) a uni that has offered you a place would be entitled to withdraw it.

Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
You don't have to if you choose not to. Unless it's English or math.
See above.

Original post by kerily
And correctly so.
Original post by Minerva
You are required to include ALL qualifications whether you want to or not. If it turns out later that you have lied (leaving things out is lying) a uni that has offered you a place would be entitled to withdraw it.

See above.

And correctly so.

So well the people in my school who left out their bad schools be in trouble? How could the university possibly know what they sat?
So well the people in my school who left out their bad schools be in trouble? How could the university possibly know what they sat?

Hopefully they'll get rejected or thrown out.

Do you really think unis don't access exam records?
Reply 11
Original post by jelly1000
I got neg rep as well for teling the truth.

I now have 4 lots of it. I don't actually understand. :frown: What did they want to hear? 'Yes, lie about your qualifications as much as is physically possible, and they'll never know'?
Reply 12
In your case, I couldn't say. But those individuals have been dishonest because the declaration you sign off when you submit your application asks you whether you have provided full and accurate information, doesn't it? If you then submit the application and you haven't, it's a lie. You may get away with it, but it's poor basis on which to set out on your university life, don't you think?

And if they are found out, their place could be cancelled. Who's to say how that might happen?
Original post by hypocriticaljap
Hopefully they'll get rejected or thrown out.

Do you really think unis don't access exam records?

Well my school has been doing this for years and they've never been caught out.
Original post by kerily
I now have 4 lots of it. I don't actually understand. :frown: What did they want to hear? 'Yes, lie about your qualifications as much as is physically possible, and they'll never know'?

I don't understand either, but hey ho, its only the internet, not the end of the world.
Reply 15
Original post by kerily

Edit: Wtf? What did I do here to deserve negrep?

Never complain about the people's giving of rep :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by jelly1000
I don't understand either, but hey ho, its only the internet, not the end of the world.

Original post by Est.
Never complain about the people's giving of rep :rolleyes:

I thought it might have been because I was horribly wrong, so I wanted to know if I was, to avoid giving out wrong information in the future :tongue:
Well my school has been doing this for years and they've never been caught out.

I suggest it is much more likely that teenage you have no idea what you are talking about rather than highly paid professionals are risking their jobs!
Original post by hypocriticaljap
I suggest it is much more likely that teenage you have no idea what you are talking about rather than highly paid professionals are risking their jobs!

I am not quite clear what you said?

Also I should mention I never left out any of my GCSES (I achieved 6A*s and 5 A's), but my school encouraged those who didn't do as well to leave out very low scoring ones.

Just leave it out, why would they really care or have the time to check if everyone has submitted every qualification
:smile:

no idea why the neg rep it's not lying its just not putting something
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending