The Student Room Group

BOOM, attraction at first sight. Have you experienced it?

Let me elaborate: sometimes you'll see someone attractive, and think 'Yeah, they're hot' :wink: But twice I've met a guy and from the first moment of looking at him felt something much more intense than your average connection.

Now I don't believe in love at first sight and all that, because I believe love grows; but I also think there might be more to it than just a lustful attraction, because the two people I connected with like this turned out to suit me in a lot more ways than just physically (as opposed to connecting and finding out the only way we were suited was physically).

So how many times have you had that 'WOW' moment upon the first meeting and how did it turn out?

(I'm only referring to it as the wow moment because I don't know what else to call it...:colondollar:)

Scroll to see replies

Twice. Random strangers though. Never acted on it.
I've had that, twice, and both times i've managed to take things further with the girl. It's the best feeling in the world.
yeah i have. not my thing
Reply 4
Original post by Peachykeen09
yeah i have. not my thing

How d'you mean?
I've been in three long term relationships, and with all of them there was the initial 'WOW!' when I first met them. With me, I either have that instant attraction, or there's absolutely nothing there. People never seem to grow on me. A couple of times i've gone on a few dates with someone I didn't feel that electric spark with, hoping I'd grow to like them, and it never happened.
Original post by Kattt_452
How d'you mean?

because it means the connection is like twice as strong and let's face it..it won't last long so if there was a break up it would hurt twice as much
Reply 7
I only experience sudden attraction, it's how I know I should go for someone. I am not one of the girls who become friends with a guy, and then attraction arises out of nowhere. It is either there from the start or it will never be.
Reply 8
:sexface:
Yeah. I ended up with him right now. We're not together yet though, we are just seeing each other at the moment. The first time we saw each other we just can't resist each other and here we are now getting to know each other hoping him to be my bf.
Reply 10
because it means the connection is like twice as strong and let's face it..it won't last long so if there was a break up it would hurt twice as much

Love is a scary thing sometimes...
I do believe in love at first sight...

But I never experienced it with a guy though... :P

and i want no part in it! js
Reply 13
I did meet a girl couple of weeks ago with the same kind of feelings as you had..Im still waiting to see her again ,to make a move :tongue:

clever thinking! :biggrin:
Yes, with my first real boyfriend : ) x
Reply 16
Original post by Miss Behaving
Twice. Random strangers though. Never acted on it.

This. Shame really
Yeah it has happened with a couple of guys but I didn't act on it for anything to happen.
Reply 18

Sometimes? More often than that :tongue: Obviously not just scary, just sayin'
I had exactly that 'wow' feeling in my first ever lecture at uni as soon as I saw this one guy, it soon developed into a massive crush, (the biggest i've ever had in my life!), became 'friends' with him, proceeded to (ever so slightly) stalk him... 3 or 4 years later we're living together.

My plan worked, muahahaw! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending