The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Hi there, just a tad confused about the admin side of things - can you get a student loan? Is it the same amount as the normal yearly uni fees? And when go back into Medicine, do the rise in tuition fees apply?

Thanks :smile: also if you did a lab based component in your BSc, how hard is it to get into the lab side of things? Bit worried at my incompetency as don't really get a lot of practise in Medicine :tongue:

There's a thread about the fee's situation here :smile:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
There's a thread about the fee's situation here :smile:

Thank you :smile: sorry should have searched instead but cheers! :smile:
Original post by digitalis
I need some opinion. It's not life threatening, merely gauging whether I need to GSAD.

I had this bite on my neck. A small, papular lesion with an erythematous border that I randomly got one day. Still there after a few days so I wacked on a single application of some 1% hydrocortisone that my sister had for her eczema. A few days later...

I have this 1cm, well circumscribed elliptical, pruritic erythematous and slightly depressed lesion where this bite used to be. I'm not worried about it, it's just itchy and stings a bit if I've gone for a run and sweat's run over it.

Have I just buggered my skin with the cream? :s

Zoomed pic here:

Spoiler

This was Pityriasis rosea!
meh, I;m not sure I like the New Shiny Big Hospital...everything is supersize + this means I don't know any of the medics, little hospital was much friendlier.

Also have learnt not to trust oldies so much, they tell porkies, regularly. Low MMSE folk are experts at this, although they get away with it well because they talk about history, so you don't always pick up that they're not orientated...fail.
Reply 2184
Original post by Wangers
Also have learnt not to trust oldies so much, they tell porkies, regularly. Low MMSE folk are experts at this, although they get away with it well because they talk about history, so you don't always pick up that they're not orientated...fail.
Mmm... I find it tricky with the angry ones; "Why are you asking me these stupid questions, the nurse asked them all five minutes ago, I'll have you know I used to be a..." Just doesn't cut it as A&Ox3.
Original post by Wangers

I clerked a patient recently - non existent history, marked her down as 0/10 on AMT.... then read the GP note and discovered she was deaf :facepalm:
I clerked a patient recently - non existent history, marked her down as 0/10 on AMT.... then read the GP note and discovered she was deaf :facepalm:

On the subject of muppetry: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tp553/Dont_Tell_the_Bride_Series_4_The_Vegas_Wedding/ :biggrin:

Ohmigosh I remember that episode!!! I can't believe the silly cow even married him after what he did!
Ohmigosh I remember that episode!!! I can't believe the silly cow even married him after what he did!

The whole dress thing pissed me off though - the bloke might be a muppet, but he does have a point - you can't just magic money out of thin air...

Ending was predictable though - never a chance she wouldn't pitch up!
Original post by Wangers
The whole dress thing pissed me off though - the bloke might be a muppet, but he does have a point - you can't just magic money out of thin air...

I can't remember exactly what happened with the dress - she hated it and insisted he bought a new one? Tbf, the dress is somewhat integral to the whole thing. I think I'd probably throw a humungous strop if my boyfriend bought me a horrible dress! :tongue:
I can't remember exactly what happened with the dress - she hated it and insisted he bought a new one? Tbf, the dress is somewhat integral to the whole thing. I think I'd probably throw a humungous strop if my boyfriend bought me a horrible dress! :tongue:

I'm watching it as a backdrop to pathology...Its quite a 'good' episode :smile:

A part of me thinks it would be quite a interesting thing to do...
Reply 2191
Original post by Wangers

Apparently they have to pay back all the money spent if the wedding doesn't happen..!

My dress featured on a Don't Tell the Bride. She hated it & said it looked like a duvet. I love my duvet - so wasn't too bothered. :hoppy: The idea of me walking down the aisle in my duvet amused/intrigued Mr Elles... & I obviously wouldn't let him watch that episode!
Original post by Wangers
I'm watching it as a backdrop to pathology...Its quite a 'good' episode :smile:

A part of me thinks it would be quite a interesting thing to do...

My boyfriend is extremely keen for us to go on it. I'm really hoping they stop filming before he proposes... :tongue:

Oh you made my day! :laugh:
My boyfriend is extremely keen for us to go on it. I'm really hoping they stop filming before he proposes... :tongue:

'Free money'? :tongue:

It does surprise me how much weddings cost though, I've been to some obviously, and I can (or actually maybe can't!) appreciate the amount of effort they take, but never asked how much they cost - isn't really socially acceptable to do that is it...
Original post by Elles
Apparently they have to pay back all the money spent if the wedding doesn't happen..!

My dress featured on a Don't Tell the Bride. She hated it & said it looked like a duvet. I love my duvet - so wasn't too bothered. :hoppy: The idea of me walking down the aisle in my duvet amused/intrigued Mr Elles... & I obviously wouldn't let him watch that episode!

Reminds me of http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1353272/Sally-Bercow-posing-sheet-reveals-Speaker-husband-Johns-bedroom-secrets.html

Sorry it has to be the daily fail :redface:
Original post by Wangers

It does surprise me how much weddings cost though, I've been to some obviously, and I can (or actually maybe can't!) appreciate the amount of effort they take, but never asked how much they cost - isn't really socially acceptable to do that is it...

I think it's more that fact that he'd get to choose everything and it would drive me nuts not being able to have a say in anything :rolleyes:

Isn't the average cost like £16k now? So the £12k you get on DTTB isn't really an extravagant figure to play with :dontknow:
I think it's more that fact that he'd get to choose everything and it would drive me nuts not being able to have a say in anything :rolleyes:

Isn't the average cost like £16k now? So the £12k you get on DTTB isn't really an extravagant figure to play with :dontknow:

Surely you just go - I want this, this and this, before the filming, then hes the most competent ever on the show - win all round.
Reply 2198
Original post by Wangers
Surely you just go - I want this, this and this, before the filming, then hes the most competent ever on the show - win all round.

EXACTLY dont get why they don't do this?

Unless the groom is like "yes dear of course dear" then as soon as they've gone.. :colone:
Original post by Wangers

****ing LOTS. :hmpf: Unless you do it on an absolute shoestring (registry office, minimal guests, meal down the pub) it runs into thousands and thousands really quickly. Everything doubles in price just because it has "wedding" in front of it, and there are things that you would never have thought of which now become "essential" if you want to do it properly.

(NB am currently bankrupting myself and going slightly mad trying to plan mine).
lekky
EXACTLY dont get why they don't do this?

Unless the groom is like "yes dear of course dear" then as soon as they've gone..

I think they pick the couples deliberately so the grooms won't be that competent and the brides will be a bit stroppy. My fiancé wanted to go on it, and he'd be pretty good at it, I think, and I wouldn't just sit at home bitching and crying about how much I missed him after two days/how he was going to ruin my perfect princess day, but that wouldn't make good TV.

Latest

Trending

Trending