The Student Room Group

White History Month

Scroll to see replies

Original post by No Future
Ancient Egypt?

You do realize a great deal of philosophy and scholarship came from non white cultures? just a couple of examples: ancient Middle East, ancient China

An ancient Chinese encyclopedia was the biggest in the world for many years until Wikipedia came along.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/civilization-is-the-west-history/4od

Episode 1.

in my latter post i reffered to blacks as sub-saharan africans....
sorry for not being specific enough especially, however i dont consider north africans to be the same "black as sub-saharan"

i never said whites founded everything, but for the most part, whites were responsible

and good for the chinese and their encyclopedia, encyclopediae being works of accumulated knowledge

oh yes, most "Known things" have been the discoveries of white people; people like Gauss, Aristotle, Pythagoras, Archimedes, Isaac Newton, Sir Robert Boyle, Da Vinci, Galileo.... need i go on i will if need be......
Original post by Holte Ender

hate to be personal, but i am an honest person

whites founded civilisation as we know it
No, they did not. You forget that cultures such as Ancient Egypt, China, Middle East etc were actually ones with great and notable advancements, discoveries and innovations.

the only parts of sub saharan africa you can call anything near developed are usually white inhabited (SA, white farmers)

look at africa now
billions and billions are pumped into it every year and it is hardly progressing at all, whereas european society founded itself
Billions? What "billions" - the only country that I see helping Africa the most now is China through the numerous deals that it is doing and constantly and its local work also. Charities also make gradual progress. Silly "European" leaders think handing money to corrupt leaders will help the continent - what they need to do is ensure the resources and funds reach The PEOPLE - also, it is your "ancestors" fault that many "third-world" countries even exist today....

"these advanced and technological times" wouldnt be so advanced and technological without the european people]
I do not think so - see above.

*note im trying to use the word european, white gives significance to skin colour when peoples are different in many many other ways, therefore we are the european race* You will be glad to know that the European race derived from Africa, then.

^See above.
Original post by Emerald City
And what does third world culture have to teach us ??? Please tell me ???

The ironic thing is that if you walked down a street in the third world I would give you 10 mins before you were sexually assaulted, you liberal, leftist moron.

Ask the women of Sweden where third world migrants have increased the level of rape by 900%, if they have learned anything from third world culture

Why do you presume I'm leftist?

We're humans. I don't believe your false statistics that people from third world countries are more likely to rape. Who raped who when we landed on foreign shores?

I've visited many countries rich and poor and of mixed cultures and have never been threatened or raped.

Read some history books.
Because we invaded foreign countries, exploited the natives, shot them, pushed them opium, stole their treasures, gave them our diseases and planted our flag on their soil.

Currently yes, but read some history books and white civilization was not always the dominant one.

I see that you also conveniently forget about the billions of pounds of aid we give every year.

And the contributions we gave them such as engineering, infrastructure, education, medicine, economics, technology, agricultural techniques, science

You absolutely STINK of liberal white guilt
Because we invaded foreign countries, exploited the natives, shot them, pushed them opium, stole their treasures, gave them our diseases and planted our flag on their soil.

Currently yes, but read some history books and white civilization was not always the dominant one.

yes okk, how did we get there?
oh right yeh boats, large complex vessels capable of transporting hundreds of men over the roughest of seas, while these poor poor natives did what?

besides most important work was done at home, colonies were used to materials not knowledge or practical things

oh yes, most "Known things" have been the discoveries of white people; people like Gauss, Aristotle, Pythagoras, Archimedes, Isaac Newton, Sir Robert Boyle, Da Vinci, Galileo.... need i go on i will if need be......

Just because you've never heard of non white scholars, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Known things like mathematics? Persians and Arabs anyone?
No they don't because we have immigration laws. And your response is typical of non-whites who are desperate to live with white people in white society.

But, you have not answered my questions. And no, I am not desperate to live alongside any particular and specific race - I take people by their personality and conduct with others, NOT by their "skin colour" - how crude and primitive!

What is a "white society" - there is not such thing!! There would be no society without the contributions of ALL races!

Remember once again - we are in the 21st Century!
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
But, you have not answered my questions. And no, I am not desperate to live alongside any particular and specific race - I take people by their personality and conduct with others, NOT by their "skin colour" - how crude and primitive!

What is a "white society" - there is not such thing!! There would be no society without the contributions of ALL races!

Remember once again - we are in the 21st Century!

A white society is society built by whites over the course of thousands of years Just like there are black societies and Asian societies. And yes you ARE desperateto live with white people whether you admit it or not, all non-white people are desperate to live in white society.

If you had the choice you would move to Sweden, Ireland or Germany over an African country anyday. Spot the correlation ?
yes okk, how did we get there?
oh right yeh boats, large complex vessels capable of transporting hundreds of men over the roughest of seas, while these poor poor natives did what?

besides most important work was done at home, colonies were used to materials not knowledge or practical things

The Chinese reached Africa 60 years before the Europeans. But they didn't go and shoot everyone and exploit the natives. The Chinese ships were many times bigger and more advanced than the European ships of the time.

At one time, China had a veritable catalogue of inventions when Europe lagged far behind.
Well apparently there's Irish-American Heritage Month (link). Looks like the Irish stole all the white thunder.

I see that you also conveniently forget about the billions of pounds of aid we give every year.
What billions of pounds?? Once again, the only country noticeably helping Africa is China today!! The rest of these "European" countries only "help" for profit and personal gain!!

And the contributions we gave them such as engineering, infrastructure, education, medicine, economics, technology, agricultural techniques, science
No - once again, only for profit and personal gain, not to actually help the PEOPLE! Once again, giving money to corrupt governments does NOT help the continent!
You absolutely STINK of liberal white guilt Your ancestors are indeed guilty, yes.

See above.
I see that you also conveniently forget about the billions of pounds of aid we give every year. Wtf, I've said nothing about foreign aid and since when did we send money to every non white, non Christian country out there? How does foreign aid mean we can't learn from other people?

And the contributions we gave them such as engineering, infrastructure, education, medicine, economics, technology, agricultural techniques, science Because these things never existed in ancient China? Read some history books

You absolutely STINK of liberal white guilt I said I was British, you presume I am white

See above
A white society is society built by whites over the course of thousands of years Just like there are black societies and Asian societies. And yes you ARE desperateto live with white people whether you admit it or not, all non-white people are desperate to live in white society.

If you had the choice you would move to Sweden, Ireland or Germany over an African country anyday. Spot the correlation ?

I'd rather live somewhere more multicultural and wealthier like New York, California, London or Hong Kong
^See above.

forgive me im answering off of memory due to how you responded

ah but i said "civilisation AS WE KNOW IT" which wouldnt be "AS WE KNOW IT" without the industril revolution, the discovery/utilisation of electricity, motors, steam power etc etc

and look at the middle east now, they would be as backwards as sub-saharan africa now if it wasnt for their natural resources they have EVERYTHING depending on

and by the way i am not bias, our number system is arabic, the pocket calculator is an oriental invention, ancient egypt was quite advanced, but the point being my opinions come from knowing different peoples contributions, knowing who is responsible for 98% of civilisation

and yes europeans did originate from africa.
does this mean we are african? NO because we have naturalised to our current native land, europe, we have evolved to the european continent and are no naturally european, besides whole peoples are based on their achievements not their location

but if your gonna use that "We all come from africa" malarky, then i say, we all therefore come from monkeys agreed? by your logic we must all be monkeys

ah but monkeys came from lesser beings, and you go all the way back the primordial soup

therefore again by your logic we are not humans because "we originally come from...." a bloody soup of chemicals......
See above

Almsot all technology used today comes from whites not the Chinese, despite ancient chinese contributions to knowledge, nice try though :wink:

You seem to mistaken "non-white" with those living in third-world countries and atmospheres. I am not desperate for anything - I merely live here out of convenience and because I was born here and everybody I know lives here. If I were to move to Sweden or Germany or Finland, it is only because I like their culture, history and language...

See above.

P.S. You must understand that I do not view the world in "he is black" and "he is white". I look at the bigger picture and I see us all as Humans. Colour never comes into my mind when I meet a person or assess people - it is such a primitive and narrow outlook!
Original post by BillySharp92
Hmmmm, I lliked this until you mentioned

"no(hardly anyone) hates white people, go to Africa you're received with open arms."

I hope you are aware of what Mr Mugabe has been up to for the last 20 years or so? Are you inferring that black people are less racist and therefore different?

My family in Zambia "compete" with each other as my uncle has a daughter who married a white man and my Auntie has a nephew (my Dad) who married a white woman. When my step-mum went to visit she was welcomed with open arms.

Anyway, in regards to your OP, I don't necessarily agree with Black history month, but I do believe black history should be intergrated into our education system. Most of the history I learned at school was white history anyway.
I'd rather live somewhere more multicultural and wealthier like New York, California, London or Hong Kong

All of which were built by whites.
See above.

P.S. You must understand that I do not view the world in "he is black" and "he is white". I look at the bigger picture and I see us all as Humans. Colour never comes into my mind when I meet a person or assess people - it is such a primitive and narrow outlook!

You would refuse flatly if someone suggested that you move back to Africa. You choose to stay in a white country because you prefer living with whites, like all non-whites. Do not lie to me and say that it is irrelevent it is not. Only whites can ofer you the standard of living you enjoy today.

It is the ultimate goal and life ambition of all non-white to live under the care and auspices of white society,

You absolutely STINK of liberal white guilt

bloody well said son, there is a lot of anti-white sentiment in all of society, the "we raped them and massacred them....."

people forget of the white slavery in northern africa, of the massacre of the white population of haiti (women and children included), of the murder of peaceful white farmers in africa (zimbabwe, SA etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending