The Student Room Group

'I don't like the taste of alcohol'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by pina.Love
]
Besides most alcohols have the same basic alcoholic taste and smell, in essence they are all the same some are strong some are sweet others sour but either way they still have the same basic taste.
The fact that you have to mix alcohol with soft drinks goes to show how foul alcohol is. Not many people drink it for the taste anyway.

'Some are strong, some are sweet, some are sour'
So.. they taste different?
Well done on contradicting yourself :wink:

No, alcohol does not all 'essentially have the same taste', there is something wrong with you if you think that :smile:
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
'Some are strong, some are sweet, some are sour'
So.. they taste different?
Well done on contradicting yourself :wink:

No, alcohol does not all 'essentially have the same taste', there is something wrong with you if you think that :smile:

Well done for not understanding.

i am saying that alcohol whether its strong, sweet or sour has the same BASIC TASTE.
similar to how coke, diet coke, vanilla coke, cherry coke etc have different flavours but all the same basic taste.
Reply 22

Besides most alcohols have the same basic alcoholic taste and smell, in essence they are all the same some are strong some are sweet others sour but either way they still have the same basic taste.

No...just no, do you have the taste buds of a 3 year old?
Original post by Layabout

Original post by Layabout
No...just no, do you have the taste buds of a 3 year old?

no...you have the brain of an asswipe...probably because you have consumed too much alcohol in your life.
Reply 24
Well done for not understanding.

i am saying that alcohol whether its strong, sweet or sour has the same BASIC TASTE.
similar to how coke, diet coke, vanilla coke, cherry coke etc have different flavours but all the same basic taste.

Umm
Thats because all those coke varities have the same basic ingredients.

Same basic ingredients = same basic taste
That's pretty obvious.
Please come up with a better example, because that was terrible.

Stuff made from apples, will not taste like stuff made from hops.. etc.
Reply 25
Original post by Tommyjw
Cider tastes different than spirits
Spirits taste different than beer
Beer tastes different than rum
Etc etc etc.
So no, it does not have 'one single tase', that is an idiotic comment to make.

Alcohol has one distinctive taste. Alcoholic drinks obviously all taste different, but with every single one (above, say, 3% abv) you can taste alcohol.

Original post by Tommyjw
If i have never eaten sandwiches before, and say i don't like the taste of the ingredients of two i have eaten, does that mean i wouldn't like any other filling inside it?

What?
Original post by Tommyjw
If you say this, your an idiot.

I stopped reading there.

Actually, I lie, I did skim the post and it just confirmed my idea further that you're the idiot. No one likes the taste of alcohol, go drink a 90% alcohol drink and tell me you like it. Alcohol has the same taste, it's one substance, alcoholic drinks have different tastes. So to say, have you tasted all the alcohol drinks is a stupid argument because then, you're not asking them if they like alcohol, you're asking them if they like a certain mixture of stuff, with undefined alcohol percentage.

I don't know anyone who has said they don't like any alcoholic drink.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Thomm
Alcohol has one distinctive taste. Alcoholic drinks obviously all taste different, but with every single one (above, say, 3% abv) you can taste alcohol.

What?

'Alchohol' is not a ingredient, or a particular thing. IT is a type, a substance, a 'group'

Thus, the logic that things 'taste of alcohol' fails.

Have you never had a particular cocktail, or mix of drink, theat just tastes.. normal, tastes like orange juice?
Because i have, many times. You can taste no 'alcohol'
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
Umm
Thats because all those coke varities have the same basic ingredients.

Same basic ingredients = same basic taste
That's pretty obvious.
Please come up with a better example, because that was terrible.

Stuff made from apples, will not taste like stuff made from hops.. etc.

ok all coke varieties (you spelled that wrong) have the same basic ingredient...

all alcoholic drinks have the same basic ingredient....oh what is that then ALCOHOL?

you are an idiot and you argument is flawed.
Reply 29
Original post by You Failed
I stopped reading there.

Actually, I lie, I did skim the post and it just confirmed my idea further that you're the idiot. No one likes the taste of alcohol, go drink a 90% alcohol drink and tell me you like it. Alcohol has the same taste, it's one substance, alcoholic drinks have different tastes. So to say, have you tasted all the alcohol drinks is a stupid argument because then, you're not asking them if they like alcohol, you're asking them if they like a certain mixture of stuff, with undefined alcohol percentage.

I don't know anyone who has said they don't like any alcoholic drink.

Yes, because a 90% drink is the best example .
Well done sir, well done.

What about various mixs and cocktails that essentially taste like orange juice, or pineapple juice?
If you havent had one of them i advise you do, and then come back and say they taste like alcohol, because they don't.

Try harder next time.
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
'Alchohol' is not a ingredient, or a particular thing. IT is a type, a substance, a 'group'

WTF? are you seriously that stupid? have you heard of ethanol!?
Cider makes my teeth hurt :frown: Which is rather annoying because I love pear cider.
Reply 32
ok all coke varieties (you spelled that wrong) have the same basic ingredient...

all alcoholic drinks have the same basic ingredient....oh what is that then ALCOHOL?

you are an idiot and you argument is flawed.

So your saying you can taste the bare minimal, small atom ingredients that is alcohol (or ethonol, whatever it is) , because.. i don't think you can.
Reply 33
Original post by Tommyjw

Thus, the logic that things 'taste of alcohol' fails.

You're trolling, right? Nobody can be this stupid.

Also, it's a bit awkward telling you this so publicly, but I think your mum's watering down your drinks. Sorry.
Reply 34
WTF? are you seriously that stupid? have you heard of ethanol!?

Ehtanol is essentially tasteless, it is a merely a smell people recognise.
I advise you google it and find out.
Reply 35
alcohol is an acquired taste.
Reply 36
Wow OP I wish I was as cool as you.
Reply 37
Original post by Dorito
alcohol is an acquired taste.

Would it be wrong to rep you just for the presence of Craig Finn in your sig?

No, it wouldn't.
Reply 38
Original post by kanyewest
Wow OP I wish I was as cool as you.

Thanks =]

Original post by Thomm
You're trolling, right? Nobody can be this stupid.

See above, ethanol = no taste. Does not taste of anything, google it.. you'll learn something. The smell is what people 'recognise' . Thus, things with the same 'tasteless' thing in.. cannot taste the same.
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
Thanks =]

See above, ethanol = no taste. Does not taste of anything, google it.. you'll learn something. The smell is what people 'recognise' . Thus, things with the same 'tasteless' thing in.. cannot taste the same.

Original post by Tommyjw
Thanks =]

I know ethanol has not got a real taste I am asking you if you have heard of it because you seem to believe that alcohol is not an ingredient which made me jump to the conclusion that you are an idiot and have never heard of ethanol as it has been stated as an ingredient in many products.

Quick Reply

Latest