The Student Room Group

White History Month

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
What achievements?? Why would I hate somebody's achievements when I already have a fair share of my own?? I do not see "whites" as strong etc etc - that is bul!creep - "whites" are NOT superior - no race is superior etc etc.

You seem to have this silly notion in your head! Are you academically, practically, physically, intellectually, economically etc distinguished and excellent? - No? But you are "white" - surely you must all be so? :rolleyes:

Do not take the achievements of the minority and extend it to yourself!! :teehee:

This.

A small minority of white (or black/brown/yellow) people were talented/gifted. Does this mean every person because they also happen to be white (or black/brown/yellow) is talented/gifted?
I think we should have a sort of thanksgiving month where ethnic minorities can show their gratitude to whites for letting them settle in this continent, giving them asylum, taking care of them etc.
This is Planet Earth - Humans may go where they please.

Also, with all of your silly talk about indigenous and ancestry blah blah - why do you not see that it is your "ancestors" that invaded these these lands of "ethnic minorities" - so, in effect, YOU brought the "trouble" on yourselves!!

Sorry, why did you come into Africa or Asia again (or rather invade)??

They invited us, there was no 'invading'.
Original post by Emerald City
I think we should have a sort of thanksgiving month where ethnic minorities can show their gratitude to whites for letting them settle in this continent, giving them asylum, taking care of them etc.

Not every non white person who came to Britain is an asylum seeker.

This may come as a shock to you, but some are business people, students, doctors and other professionals who didn't come under terms of asylum.

"Taking care of them"?????? What are you on about???
Original post by Helpful_Charlie

Are we looking at the same history here?

Yes, please come an enslave us, rape our women, steal our treasures (or grain and spices).
Original post by No Future
Yes, please come an enslave us, rape our women, steal our treasures.

What treasures ? and what proof of rape do you have ?
What treasures ? and what proof of rape do you have ?

Gold, silver and jewels didn't come from Europe.

I wonder why the Spanish plundered South America?

Our museums are full of treasures and artifacts we stole from foreign countries.

Read some history books.
Original post by No Future
Gold and jewels didn't come from Europe.

Our museums are full of treasures and artifacts we stole from foreign countries.

Read some history books.

Gold and Jewels do come from Europe ****tard.

(edited 13 years ago)
Gold and Jewels do come from Europe ****tard.

What? Oh dear.

Africa and South America were hotspots for gold etc. If you had so much gold and jewels, then why on Earth did you come to leave the continent?? :teehee:
What? Oh dear.

Africa and South America were hotspots for gold etc. If you had so much gold and jewels, then why on Earth did you come to leave the continent?? :teehee:

Britain colonised Africa to secure trade routes to south east and far east asia.
What? Oh dear.

This.

If there was enough gold, silver in Europe, why plunder the rest of the world?

And it goes on today with diamonds in Africa.
Britain colonised Africa to secure trade routes to south east and far east asia.

To take spices, treasures and tea home.

The Spanish colonized parts of South America for silver.

Where do you think Argentinas name comes from?
(edited 13 years ago)

I could almost be primitive and silly (like you) and say - you "white europeans" seem to have no natural resources of your own - always needing to plunder off other continents :teehee:

But I will be mature and advanced and not say that. :biggrin:

P.S I put "white" is quotation marks as I stand with the notion that people are individuals not lumped up into one category etc.
There appears to be a lot of self-hating white people on here. I think we can all agree to disagree that the world would be worse off, but for the contributions made by white people.

That is not to say that other cultures have not furthered the progression of mankind, it's purely saying that the most influential race has been white.
Do we even do Black history month in the UK?
Original post by Left Hand Drive
Do we even do Black history month in the UK?

Idk, never heard of it before
I could almost be primitive and silly (like you) and say - you "white europeans" seem to have no natural resources of your own - always needing to plunder off other continents :teehee:

But I will be mature and advanced and not say that. :biggrin:

P.S I put "white" is quotation marks as I stand with the notion that people are individuals not lumped up into one category etc.

Russia? North Sea? Eastern Europe? The European Union as a whole?

I can tell you that there are a lot of natural resources in those areas.
There appears to be a lot of self-hating white people on here. I think we can all agree to disagree that the world would be worse off, but for the contributions made by white people.

That is not to say that other cultures have not furthered the progression of mankind, it's purely saying that the most influential race has been white.

These "white people" - they were not a single person - only a minority (really of every race) which advanced etc etc - so stop trying to "big yourselves up" by extending the successes of others to yourselves - as I said before.

Just because Usain Bolt is distinguished in sprinting does not mean that I can extend his successes to myself.

I cannot just go about declaring "'Black' people are the best at running" blah blah when there are numerous Chinese people that can beat "black" people - we cannot all be lumped into one category and identified by such.

You should really stop all of this silly nonsense - colour is like sexuality - in the end, it is you that matters not whether you are Chinese or whether you are bi etc

Quick Reply