The Student Room Group

'I don't like the taste of alcohol'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by screenager2004
Wasn't a sentence :wink:

Yes it was. Just a one word sentence. There was even a full stop after it.
Unless I read the wrong bit of the wrong post.
Reply 61
Original post by I HEART KFC!!!
yo tommy... pina.Love just ****ed you.. i suggest you shut the **** up.

Please don't have kids.
Reply 62
Original post by yogi_bear_2k2
I have never liked the taste of alcohol either. I have only ever got drunk once in my life and hated the experience. Since then I have vowed never to touch alcohol again. I think you are really sensible not drinking alcohol. If I had my way I would do a complete blanket ban on all alcohol! All it does is cause death, serious injury, unwanted pregnancies and a lot of heartache! Well done to you!!

Depends on the person more than the poison, it just makes me happy and relaxed. It's also cultural, the French drink a lot but do it slowly to enjoy it, not get paralytic. Scandinavians get paralytic but you rarely see the destruction you see in most British towncentres on a Friday/Saturday night.
Original post by Layabout
Depends on the person more than the poison, it just makes me happy and relaxed. It's also cultural, the French drink a lot but do it slowly to enjoy it, not get paralytic. Scandinavians get paralytic but you rarely see the destruction you see in most British towncentres on a Friday/Saturday night.

Fair enough! Well put! So, why do us Brits turn into ***ts when we get drunk? Why can't we handle our drink?
This guy's a bit of a prick to be fair, however, he is still a child so it is to be expected that the idea that another individual would decide to abstain from drinking alcohol is completely abhorrent to him and as such he feels the need to rant about it.

Don't worry son, one day you'll grow up a bit and learn to respect other people's decisions.
Reply 65
Original post by AnfieldRoad10
This guy's a bit of a prick to be fair, however, he is still a child so it is to be expected that the idea that another individual would decide to abstain from drinking alcohol is completely abhorrent to him and as such he feels the need to rant about it.

Don't worry son, one day you'll grow up a bit and learn to respect other people's decisions.

Lmao, your failed attempt at being mature is laughable.

Firstly, i am not excluding people because they do not drink, i infact do not often drink at all, and when i do i only have a few pints of my favourites. I haven't got 'drunk' for over 6 months.

Secondly. I am mere informing people that when they say they don't like the taste of alcohol, that they should try more different things and they will find something they like.

Perhaps you should read into things more, and not ramble on about completely irrelevant things to which you try and act all mature but come out looking like an ass =]
My failed attempt at acting mature? I'm sorry but if you can highlight in any way how i have a, tried to act mature, and b, failed at it, then please be my guest.

You're acting like a narrow minded child, you're still a teenager though, so it is to be expected.
I'm surprised mummy's not calling you for bedtime yet? It's getting late little'un.
Reply 68
I'm surprised mummy's not calling you for bedtime yet? It's getting late little'un.

And you call me immature, ignorance is bliss :smile:
Your reasoning for why i am acting immature just isn't working, to be honest with you.

Please try to explain harder, explaining helps in these situations :smile:

Like i said.
I have never said anything bad about people who don't drink, not once.
I have never said their decision is wrong, not a single time.

Whole post summarised:
People say they dont like alcohol, i say they should try more.

Is that immature?
I think not.

Try again :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Funnily enough, i didn't once say 'you are immature' so where you plucked that one from i don't know.

Apparently it's me who needs to 'read into things more'

However, i'll think you find what i did say is that you are acting your age, which is fair enough.

Anyway, question for you, do you like the taste of urine? If not, please state why.
Reply 70
Original post by yogi_bear_2k2
Fair enough! Well put! So, why do us Brits turn into ***ts when we get drunk? Why can't we handle our drink?

I honesty don't know, I guess it's the idea that alcohol is an excuse to act like a ****, and that it's OK because you are drunk so you have no responsibilities.
Reply 71
Funnily enough, i didn't once say 'you are immature' so where you plucked that one from i don't know.

Apparently it's me who needs to 'read into things more'

However, i'll think you find what i did say is that you are acting your age, which is fair enough.

Anyway, question for you, do you like the taste of urine? If not, please state why.

I have never tasted it, so cannot comment (:

Looking forward to hearing your astounding logic as to why this is relevant to anything.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Tommyjw
If you say this, your an idiot.

Have you tried every single alcoholic beverage on sale?
and i'm not being ridiculous and including random, unknown and rare things. But go to a club, bar, restaurant etc and ask for every single alcoholic drink available. That includes every single 'mix'. If you don't like anything, something is wrong with you.

I hate vodka.
I love vodka and coke.
(Only comparison i can make, cuz im just a cider/beer drinker)

Seriously, if people are going to use this excuse for not drinking, then maybe they should look around for more variations of drinks instead of basing their opinion on 'oh ye i've tried some vodka, had a shot.. tried my mates pint of cider, don't like it, must hate it all'

Essentially, if you say you don't like the taste of alcohol, you just haven;t tried enough drinks.
Rant over =]

Of the alcoholic beverages I have tried, I have disliked 100% of them. You seem to feel like I have some kind of responsibility to try every drink available before I decide I dislike alcohol - does my dislike offend you somehow? I can't understand why it upsets you so much. I appreciate that you do like alcoholic drinks, and I choose not to hold that against you. Perhaps you wouldn't mind doing the same for me.
Original post by Tommyjw
I have never tasted it, so cannot comment (:

Looking forward to hearing your astounding logic as to why this is relevant to anything.

I hardly think it's irrelevent, nor does it take astounding logic.

You say you cannot say 'i dislike alcohol' if you have never tried every single type of alcoholic drink.

In the same token, you can't say oh, i dislike urine, if you haven't ever tried it.

Same goes for if you dislike cheese, eggs, meat etc etc. Going by your 'astounding' logic, you need to have tried every single type of these before you can come up with a reasoned conclusion.

If you can't follow that, then you really are a special kind of stupid.
Another thing, whilst you will clearly argue the toss and say i would say that to them too. I find it funny that you only seem to be this wound up because people dislike alcohol?

If someone said, i don't like sprouts, would it wind you up in the same way? Or is it purely because, as i said initially, the idea of somebody not drinking alcohol is completely abhorrent to you?

Remember, explanations are good.
Reply 75
I hardly think it's irrelevent, nor does it take astounding logic.

You say you cannot say 'i dislike alcohol' if you have never tried every single type of alcoholic drink.

In the same token, you can't say oh, i dislike urine, if you haven't ever tried it.

Same goes for if you dislike cheese, eggs, meat etc etc. Going by your 'astounding' logic, you need to have tried every single type of these before you can come up with a reasoned conclusion.

If you can't follow that, then you really are a special kind of stupid.

Well, i quite obviously said i cannot comment because i have never tasted urine. Which makes your whole post invalid because i have not said i dislike urine, like you seem to assume i would have said?

Oh and btw.
The variation on types of meat, cheese and eggs is so much smaller than alcoholic drinks.
It really takes a special person to think there is anywhere near the same amount of different types of these products as alcohol. Really, your kinda special :smile:

All cheese, same 'ingredients' if you will.
All eggs, the same.
All meat, the same.

Alcohol doest not all have the same ingredients, thus to dismiss a whole group based on a few drinks which may bear no significant ingredients comparison to another is stupid.

Keep trying, really, it's pretty funny :smile:

And also, about the sprouts.
Sprouts -= one thing, they hardly differ at all.. thus are also not able to compare to alcoholic drinks which all have different substances and such.

Your quite amusing, carry on please :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Enar? whats an enar?

I fail to see why somebody elses drinking preferences really effect you anyway.
I like some alcoholic drinks.

I don't like beer, cider, white wine, red wine, port, sake, rum, or vodka, but I like Smirnoff Ice; it's pretty much on par with a Sprite.
Your? Do you mean You're?

I'm unsure really as to why i have kept up a conversation with somebody with such a basic lack of grammar.
Reply 79
Enar? whats an enar?

I fail to see why somebody elses drinking preferences really effect you anyway.

Knew you'd give up eventually.
Called a mis-type, which i edited out before your post :smile:
Congratulations on falling back to the 'oh no, my arguments have failed, must resort to comment on spelling' band wagon.

They don't effect me, never said they did, not once. Bye bye :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending