The Student Room Group

First time to a friend?

Keep Anon please.

Basically, I'm 18 - 19 at the end of this month - and I've never had sex.
I'm not overly bothered by it, but it is still a pain to hear everyone in my flat go off about how they've had it, but I should add, before I start, I'm not pressured into doing this.

I moved in late to my halls (cock up in housing forms) but everyone welcomed me in, they've asked me to move in next year with them but I've already got a house with friends - so as you can see, we're all pretty close.

One of the house mates I got particularly close too, we hanged out a lot (etc.).

Recently, we were talking (just me and her in the kitchen) and she was saying how she'd be happy to lose it to me.
More recently she has brought it up again saying how it might happen soon.

She is also a virgin.

My conern is this: I did use to like her, and she (and I to an extent) have pointed out that it is just going to be sex, no relationship; but I'm under the assumption that this never works out.

Tl;dr - Shall I lose my virginity to a good friend of mine?

Has anyone done this before? Did they regret it?
Could be tricky if she's your housemate tbh, especially if you "like her".

But I can't see anything wrong with losing it to a friend, the problem is it might mess up the friendship. But in some ways it makes sense to do it with a friend first.
Reply 2
Original post by *Dreaming*
Could be tricky if she's your housemate tbh, especially if you "like her".

But I can't see anything wrong with losing it to a friend, the problem is it might mess up the friendship. But in some ways it makes sense to do it with a friend.

Can I be your friend? :sexface:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
My conern is this: I did use to like her, and she (and I to an extent) have pointed out that it is just going to be sex, no relationship; but I'm under the assumption that this never works out.

Tl;dr - Shall I lose my virginity to a good friend of mine?

Has anyone done this before? Did they regret it?

A friend of mine propositioned me sometime back and I responded that “I don’t do friends”. Her response was “You don’t do friends? Well, exactly who do you do?” I didn’t have a viable rebuttal to that one…. so we went to hers.

In answer to your question, although it didn’t work out, we’re still friends and without regrets.
Reply 4
If you're both mature enough then you'll be fine afterwards with nothing major other than a couple of days maybe awkwardness. But if you're not mature enough for it not to be awkward after then probably not mature enough to dive in at the narrow end yet anyway!

In other words go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending