The Student Room Group

Non-smokers, have you ever tried a cigarette?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
No! its gay!
yes, once! made me cough quite a bit... tried not to lose face in front of 'cool' older kids. now i guess i've learnt!!
Reply 82
Original post by Raving_Hippy
Have any non-smokers here ever tried a cigarette? What did you think of it?

I do have the occasional toke or two, but I've never had an urge to smoke tobacco. To me the horrible taste/smell is not worth the 30 seconds of light headedness. I much prefer a fat zoot tbh :biggrin:
No, I really can't stand the smell of it.
Reply 84
No and never will (hopefully), I don't get why anyone would start anyway.
Reply 85
I smoked for a year, and had the odd one here and there before that aswell, but I've been cigarette free for about 15 months now because my boyfriend made me quit.

I can understand why people smoke, but I have to admitt I felt a lot healthier once I stopped. Smoking gives a short term good effect; quitting gives a long term good effect.
Nope, I don't want to damage my respiratory system, thanks.
Tried one for the first time in September at a house party and loved the buzz and even the feeling of the smoke which I thought was weird and now I smoke most weeks!
Reply 88
If I'm drunk and someone offers me one on occasion I don't see any reason not to at the time, so yes, I have smoked but it's a silly habit and something I'm not going to get into :smile:.
Reply 89
Tried it once when I was 14 . . . puked LOL No appeal for me! Never tried it since well apart from when people are in the car and smoke so you're effectivly smoking. Stop it people!

Meh
Nope, never ever. I wouldn't even know what colour end to light...
Reply 91
Never have and never will, even though I've been offered in the past. I'm asthmatic and I'm quite prone to chest infections, so even inhaling someone's second-hand smoke makes my chest hurt. I don't criticise anyone else for doing it, although there are plenty of reasons to, it would just be pretty darned stupid of me to smoke.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by emeleh
No. And don't plan to either :smile: Inhaling passively cause a smoker friend is next to you is bad enough.. urgh.

Living with a smoker for two entire months is as bad as smoking just 1.4 cigarettes yourself. Lighten up so your friends can light up.

Yes, I did just come up with that and yes, I do want to shoot myself in the face as well.
Not a smoker, but recently whenever I go out drinking I start smoking...no idea why.
Reply 94
Nope, the following prospects mean I never will: cancer, bad breath and general stink, yellow teeth, addiction.
nope
Sure, just didn't enjoy it enough to warrant spending the money or damaging my health.
Reply 97
Yes.. and I thought I was going to die! (cough cough)
It was the perfect way to show me why I shouldn't smoke :tongue: ever
Reply 98
Original post by Arekkusu
Living with a smoker for two entire months is as bad as smoking just 1.4 cigarettes yourself. Lighten up so your friends can light up.

Yes, I did just come up with that and yes, I do want to shoot myself in the face as well.

Haha I didn't necessarily mean health wise... more the smell/taste etc.
Yeah, for the sake of gaining a life experience. I smoked for a little while but got bored of it so I guess I'm a non-smoker now. I think it's been about a year since I last had one.

Quick Reply

Latest