The Student Room Group

I think I screwed it up already. Score.

Basically I'm in the process of doing my Student Finance application, I'd been warned it was hellish but I had no idea it would be this bad.
Basically, I THINK I've screwed it up already.
I got so far into it and then it presented me with this little slider bar thing for "income" I assumed that was for my parents, and moved the bar to where it should be, and then clicked continue or what ever it is.
How ever now for some reason it's asking me how much I'm getting paid by my current employer and all this stuff, and where they will let me go from my job to go to uni.
Have I done it wrong? I haven't once told them that I have a job, so I think the income thing that I did was for ME not my parents... :/
Can I go back and re-do it? Or am I just being stupid?
The top bars your income, the one below was parents.
Reply 2
That's exactly what I did. The income slider is for your parents, the bit after is just asking if you have a job, and if you don't just put 0 in the income. I've sent it off and that's what I did :P
Reply 3
Original post by Joe Weavurrr
Basically I'm in the process of doing my Student Finance application, I'd been warned it was hellish but I had no idea it would be this bad.
Basically, I THINK I've screwed it up already.
I got so far into it and then it presented me with this little slider bar thing for "income" I assumed that was for my parents, and moved the bar to where it should be, and then clicked continue or what ever it is.
How ever now for some reason it's asking me how much I'm getting paid by my current employer and all this stuff, and where they will let me go from my job to go to uni.
Have I done it wrong? I haven't once told them that I have a job, so I think the income thing that I did was for ME not my parents... :/
Can I go back and re-do it? Or am I just being stupid?

Thing about student finance i find is that, you can pretty much pee all over the application, send it in, then fix everything by ringing them up anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by Cobby
That's exactly what I did. The income slider is for your parents, the bit after is just asking if you have a job, and if you don't just put 0 in the income. I've sent it off and that's what I did :P

**** it :smile: I'll do that! If it ain't right they can figure it out whilst I bitch at them down the phone.

Thanks people!
Reply 5
Original post by bestofyou
Thing about student finance i find is that, you can pretty much pee all over the application, send it in, then fix everything by ringing them up anyway.

really made me giggle! I just wish the online application didn't invite peeing on in the first place! SFE could hire a comms professional for a day to fix the damn thing and save a zillion quid on employing advisors...
The trouble is that SFE couldn't possibly anticipate the idiotic ways people could find of filling it in so wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending