The Student Room Group

Girls who try so hard to be a lad. Why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VansHalfCabs
As much as I agree with your thread to an extent, by doing that your doing no better than purpleconverse and the other person arguing.

If your mature, you'll move on, stop with the insults and stop arguing. Just pointing that out as someone who's been reading this dumbness for the last hour or so.

Realist post i've seen so far. :cool:
a genuine answer

knob end
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
Can I ask something? Why are you offline, when you're clearly not? Hmmmm.
Strange.......

I'm noticing very strange things about you. :tongue:

Without sounding rude, all your doing is just hyping the situation up even more, after its been done. Allow it. Real talks. :cool:

Original post by Nayberay
Realist post i've seen so far. :cool:

You know. :cool:
Original post by pippa90
If you think that mannerisms in this country have gone down the pan, fair enough, but shouldn't you be moaning at both men and women?

I'm a woman and I hate wine, not a fan of cocktails and vodka, would much rather have a good pint of ale. Is that a bad mannerism too? :eek:

I agree with you. I stated this later on that I find men who swear, act the idiot in public and so on annoying and ill-mannered.

How is that a bad mannerism? thats just a drink you enjoy. The point im trying to make is that the words I stated are mostly used in male dominated areas such as sports locker rooms, down the football, down the pub with your mates and so on. Just as women more than likely have words they use strictly between them and their female friends. Now, im not at all trying to be rude to women, I was just asking why as over the last couple/few months I've noticed far more women using such words at the end of their sentences, whereas before you'd get the odd woman using it now and then.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 204
I agree. They do my head in. Better to just ignore the wannabe chavette's and move on!
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Im guessing it must be that time of the month.

Oh, my. Witty and original, this one!

Not to mention "mature" as he keep on insisting :p:
Boys...just say what you wanna.
I agree with you. I stated this later on that I find men who swear, act the idiot in public and so on annoying and ill-mannered.

How is that a bad mannerism? thats just a drink you enjoy. The point im trying to make is that the words I stated are mostly used in male dominated areas such as sports locker rooms, down the football, down the pub with your mates and so on. Just as women more than likely have words they use strictly between them and their female friends. Now, im not at all trying to be rude to women, I was just asking why as over the last couple/few months I've noticed far more women using such words at the end of their sentences, whereas before you'd get the odd woman using it now and then.

You probably should have stated that in the first place then :tongue: No wonder people are hounding you down for what you said when it sounds like you think it's acceptable for men to swear, drink loads of beer etc. but not for women.

Fair enough :smile:

I haven't really noticed it. My boyfriend and I end our sentences with bitch, bumhead, *******, etc. as a joke, and have been doing for at least a couple of years. I'll often say oi bitch!, to catch my friends' attention, usually only on facebook though :tongue: It's just a jokey thing that we've probably caught from tv shows. Nothing to take seriously :smile:
dude is such an incredibly cheesy American word anyway....YEAH LET'S HIT LAUGUNA BEACH BEACH, AND RIDE THE WAVES, DUUUUUUDE!

I wish I could slap some sense into people and tell them "you are not part of the cast of OC, Glee, the Hills, Jersey shore or woteva shallow american crap you look up to!
Dude looks like a lady?
Erm, why would we say "hi bitch you okay? :smile:" :lolwut:

EDIT: Also, DON'T call us precious. That is beyond cringey.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sarahthegemini
Erm, why would we say "hi bitch you okay? :smile:" :lolwut:

EDIT: Also, DON'T call us precious. That is beyond cringey.

I said if a girl liked being call that then I would, I wouldn't initially say it to her unless it arose in conversation and she said she liked being called it. I would address her by her name.

Some girls like being called it, some, including yourself dont, learn to appreciate that.
Where the hell did you get the idea that we call each other "bitches" :s-smilie:
I call my female friends "bird", and I wouldn't have a problem if guys started saying it :s-smilie: Well, whatever, because if you get that annoyed from just a word, then you don't exactly sound like an interesting or fun person.
If you saw a woman with a ale in one hand fag in the other and says "you got a lighter duck?" "ta duck" would you feint?
Original post by SpiritedAway
Where the hell did you get the idea that we call each other "bitches" :s-smilie:
I call my female friends "bird", and I wouldn't have a problem if guys started saying it :s-smilie: Well, whatever, because if you get that annoyed from just a word, then you don't exactly sound like an interesting or fun person.

I dont get annoyed, I just find it unattractive. Note the difference in the meaning of the two words.

I've heard girls say things like 'shes my bitch' etc.
Original post by TwoZootsPlz
If you saw a woman with a ale in one hand fag in the other and says "you got a lighter duck?" "ta duck" would you feint?

i'd just ignore her until she spoke properly and addressed me in an appropriate manner.
Contrary to what most people are saying here, I agree with some of your points actually. I'm female and I can't stand it when girls act like boys. It just feels wrong to me that the female population of the world is acting less and less feminine. That's not to say that I don't mind when men swear - I can't stand that either. However, if that's the way someone acts, far be it from me to try to change them - that would be rude. I know lots of girls who are far from feminine in the traditional sense (and I go to an all girls school) but that's who they are (that doesn't mean I'd ever act that way though).
i'd just ignore her until she spoke properly and addressed me in an appropriate manner.

The next time she addresses she will be in court on charges for assault.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TwoZootsPlz
The next time she addresses you will be in court on charges for assault.

for what reason would that be?

I wouldn't hit her. If she tried to hit me I'd probably have to laugh at her and then I'd walk away from her because I do not wish to talk to someone who cannot converse with another person using appropriate language.
L2read

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending