The Student Room Group

Budget 2011: Your reaction

Chancellor George Osborne will deliver what he has described as a "pro-growth" Budget on Wednesday. What do you want to see in the Budget?

He is expected to increase the amount people can earn before paying tax by around £600 from April 2012 - saving 25 million people around £45 a year.

What do you want to see in the Budget? Send us your Budget related questions.

Laura Kuenssberg's inside track to the Budget.

Budget 2011: What we know already

More...
Just wondering what all you guys think of the matter if anything seems like a labour policy and if anything its just propping up the market for the wealthier individuals which i guess is a conservative policy :P
God i hate labour
Original post by Stringer987
God i hate labour

whys that?! pretty much the same policies especially after today, maybe your someone lower down in the pyramid inclined to brands :smile:
Reply 4
Miliband summed it up nicely, "just another Tory con". However I wasn't overly impressed with labours response, and to be honest I doubt a labour budget would be any differen from this one. Perhaps they'd be a little slower in rolling out the restrictive fiscal measures, but either way they'd come all the same.

I just hope the chancelors plans to stimulate small buisness and investment in the uk works.
Original post by U.S Lecce
Miliband summed it up nicely, "just another Tory con". However I wasn't overly impressed with labours response, and to be honest I doubt a labour budget would be any differen from this one. Perhaps they'd be a little slower in rolling out the restrictive fiscal measures, but either way they'd come all the same.

I just hope the chancelors plans to stimulate small buisness and investment in the uk works.

knocking down corporation tax is a massive move although the corporations avoid 214billion pound worth of taxes in the UK anyway maybe a further simplification of the tax rate would of been a better idea however its all open to debate afterall they do create jobs but at what cost.
Reply 6
£45? Awesome :facepalm2:
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
whys that?! pretty much the same policies especially after today, maybe your someone lower down in the pyramid inclined to brands :smile:

At PMQ'S Miliband is quite frankly an embarressment. He never stands up and the big stage.

Whenever the tories come out with a policy labour are the first to say ohh but thats wrong. So then labour. What are your policies? Why dont you come tell us. Like when in the budget VAT went up to 20% Labour were the first to complain. But i remember in there budget last year they were going to put it up in a years time anyway. Also Ed Balls is a slimey person
At PMQ'S Miliband is quite frankly an embarressment. He never stands up and the big stage.

Whenever the tories come out with a policy labour are the first to say ohh but thats wrong. So then labour. What are your policies? Why dont you come tell us. Like when in the budget VAT went up to 20% Labour were the first to complain. But i remember in there budget last year they were going to put it up in a years time anyway. Also Ed Balls is a slimey person

hold on didnt you watch the election david cameron did the exact same thing thats politics at the end of the day but im sure were both clever enough to ignore thats lets talk less about party politics and more about the overall picture.
Original post by Ewan
£45? Awesome :facepalm2:

thats a whole 86p my friend think of the freddos

Noo! I like Ed Balls; he's so much better than Alan johnson- mainly because he is actually educated:rolleyes: but I agree with your comments on labour. They can't even talk the talk, not to mention walk the walk.
Reply 11
The 1p cut in petrol is not even worth it in my opinion it'll bring fuel down from £1.35 to £1.34...fantastic. It should have been 5p at least. On the other hand at least the 5p increase due is April has been scrapped.
Reply 12
Grateful for the cut in fuel duty, I know it's only a penny but it's better than it going the other way and every little helps.
God i hate labour

I think what you meant was 'God I hate the Tories'
Im sure it was just a silly mistake you made there :biggrin:
Reply 14
Didn't he do one less than a year ago?
Original post by nonotrly
Didn't he do one less than a year ago?

He conducted an emergency budget in June and then outlined the principles of the Spending Review. This is the first, proper, annual budget by the government.
Nothing too surprising apart from the continued decline in corporation tax, I can imagine the rest of the eurozone (and major economies) thinking WTF when they saw that.
Still think labour are tools, why dont they do the honest thing and come out and show us what there policies actually are. Milibands blank piece of paper must have went missing!
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
knocking down corporation tax is a massive move although the corporations avoid 214billion pound worth of taxes in the UK anyway maybe a further simplification of the tax rate would of been a better idea however its all open to debate afterall they do create jobs but at what cost.

You got any proof of that? Or is this just one of those made up 'shock' figures from the left like how apparently the super rich avoid £14 billion billion trillion in taxes and if we just increased taxes on the rich to 452% then we wouldn't have to inflict horrible cuts on the common man.
Reply 19
It was good, especially the cut in fuel duty which needs to come right down. When it goes up by a penny people don't bat an eyelid, but when its brought down by a penny people are saying it should be more, these things should be done gradually.

Cut in corporation tax is good, should keep business in the UK. People will moan about 'Tories helping the rich', but I've never been employed by a poor man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending