The Student Room Group

Guys do you completely ignore girls sometimes even when you really like them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Chr0n
From what you're saying I think he's pretty shy.
Try to start talking to him.

What should I say to a shy guy? So its not awkward?
Reply 21
Original post by Alexisonfire
Lol, talk about lack of confidence. You won't get anywhere with that approach :biggrin:

I know :frown: But how awkward would it be if he really didnt like me and then I'd run a huge risk of seeing him again after being rejected.
Reply 22
He sounds a bit like me. He probably likes you but, weirdly ,that actually makes him want to talk to you less because he doesn't want to make a t!t of himself. It's a bit pathetic but it's a fairly common problem :s-smilie:

Yeah, so probably best talking to him so he gets a bit more comfortable and less self-conscious around you. If he likes you he'll open up more then.
Original post by Anonymous
I know :frown: But how awkward would it be if he really didnt like me and then I'd run a huge risk of seeing him again after being rejected.

Take smaller steps. It would be seriously weird if you'd ask him out straight away. See if you can somehow talk to him more/spend more time with him. You will see by his reaction whether he likes you or not without running the risk of being rejected.
What would you want her to do to get things started, being a shy guy and all? Keep in mind the girl is really shy too. Would you prefer to start with a smile rather than words to seem friendlier?

A smile would ease me up, and I would get the signal that its ok to talk...And would start fighting with my shyness to initiate a conversation...
Saying 'Hi' with an amiable approach would make my day, seeing I really open up once I start talking.. Its the initial approach where the shyness kicks in, but past that stage its easy to talk...

I think you should give him a smile next time and wait for him to start talking, if he smiles back but does not start a conversation in 2-3 meetings than I think you should start the conversation... It won't be easy, seeing both of you are shy..
Reply 25
Thats what I'm thinking as well, so why even bother giving me little signs.

Because he is attracted to you, he has conflicting emotions, positive towards you but loyalty to his current gf.
The thing is though he started this with me. Like I said I always thought he was cute so might have looked the odd time, but I never had major feelings or anything so dont think it was obsessive. It wasnt untill the 'intense stare' that I was like whoa and the feelings developed so why would he do this if he wasnt willing to approach? Every time I try and smile at him I get scared and think he wont smile back so do like a stupid mid smirk that he probably doesnt even notice. Should I just try smiling and if he ignores it take that as a sign that he indeed does not like me and just likes the attention? You would smile back at a girl you like right?

Of course you should continue smiling at him. He'll get the signal. :colone:

Really though...if he still tries to avoid you...then that's obviously a sign that he either really likes you although being shy or that he's just finding you creepier and creepier.
Reply 27
Original post by Alexisonfire
Take smaller steps. It would be seriously weird if you'd ask him out straight away. See if you can somehow talk to him more/spend more time with him. You will see by his reaction whether he likes you or not without running the risk of being rejected.

Yeah I tried to come up with a way to ask him out that didnt sound desperate and I couldnt think of anything so I guess you're right. I just dont know how to randomly start talking to him considering the amount of staring we've done without either of us making a move.
Reply 28
Original post by DopplerEffect
A smile would ease me up, and I would get the signal that its ok to talk...And would start fighting with my shyness to initiate a conversation...
Saying 'Hi' with an amiable approach would make my day, seeing I really open up once I start talking.. Its the initial approach where the shyness kicks in, but past that stage its easy to talk...

I think you should give him a smile next time and wait for him to start talking, if he smiles back but does not start a conversation in 2-3 meetings than I think you should start the conversation... It won't be easy, seeing both of you are shy..

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll start with a smile. Then the next time start saying hi. Then hopefully he makes the next move. I have seen first hand how a smile can turn situations around, I've just been too afraid to even do that.
Reply 29
Original post by johnn
Because he is attracted to you, he has conflicting emotions, positive towards you but loyalty to his current gf.

Oh I see. If you were the guy in this situation how would you react if the girl ended up making a move?
Reply 30
Original post by zero_Gravity91
Of course you should continue smiling at him. He'll get the signal. :colone:

Really though...if he still tries to avoid you...then that's obviously a sign that he either really likes you although being shy or that he's just finding you creepier and creepier.

I know, its so annoying that it could be one of two extremes! Well if it ends up that I'm creeping him out I'll just start going to the gym at another time.
Reply 31
Oh I see. If you were the guy in this situation how would you react if the girl ended up making a move?

Would you want to be with a guy who is ready to leave his gf for another girl? Would you feel that you can trust him?

Never been attracted to another when I have a gf, but there could be many variations to the story? Chatting isn't a big deal.

He is looking to end his current relationship, his gf is taking him for granted, she is just a friend etc.

Chatting isn't a big deal, have a conversation, see what sort of person he is. You can also find out if that girl is his actual gf or just a friend.

Guys like it when girls are willing to have a conversation. Get to know him and then you can decide what you want to do.
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll start with a smile. Then the next time start saying hi. Then hopefully he makes the next move. I have seen first hand how a smile can turn situations around, I've just been too afraid to even do that.

Good luck...:smile:
If hes not reading your signals properly and/or he has a girlfriend, I think its best to try and not come on too strong and/or flirty if you decide to approach him. You could still be friends with him! :smile:
Only when they're about 12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending