The Student Room Group

Am i going to put girls off by not wanting to have sex until mid-relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
some will some wont
You would with me :sadnod:
Reply 22
Original post by Arnotts
I would love it! But I find it quite strange that you would do other things but just not the actual act of sex. To me they're just as intimate as the other so I'd prefer a guy who would hold off both.

Perhaps i explained badly. I would be happier to do other things if the girl really wanted something from me to 'keep her occupied' until the main event, so to speak.

Naturally being a person who wants to wait a bit, i'd be more than happy to wait in return too :smile:
Reply 23
I've been in a relationship for over two years and we haven't had sex, nor do we plan to. It's just not something we especially want to do. It's just an activity after all. Relationships don't need to be sexual to survive.
Original post by Anonymous
I get the impression on here that at uni it seems to go: Sex followed by possible relationship.

In my past relationship, we did not have sex until 7 months into the relationship.

Am i going to put girls off me by not wanting to simply offer it up on a plate as soon as some attraction is there? :rolleyes:

No, silly. Not at all.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
American college girls are all up for no sex? Wow that is new news....In DIsney World maybe.

No they aren't all, most of them are going to be up for it. But because religion plays a higher part in US society, you will get a higher proportion of girls who are into things like "no sex before marriage" or at least "saving it for someone special" than you get here.
Reply 27
Original post by spocckka
I've been in a relationship for over two years and we haven't had sex, nor do we plan to. It's just not something we especially want to do. It's just an activity after all. Relationships don't need to be sexual to survive.

It's been proven that an active sex life improves relationship.
Literally been proven,

Never understand people like you.
Sex is something intimate with my girlfriend, something that afterwards leads to us feeling that 'feeling of closeness' when we are cuddling after.

Kissing is just an activity, so is hugging.
Do you do either of them? i bet you do
Sex is as good for a relationship as either of them.
Reply 28
Original post by Tommyjw
It's been proven that an active sex life improves relationship.
Literally been proven,

Never understand people like you.
Sex is something intimate with my girlfriend, something that afterwards leads to us feeling that 'feeling of closeness' when we are cuddling after.

Kissing is just an activity, so is hugging.
Do you do either of them? i bet you do
Sex is as good for a relationship as either of them.

I was well aware of that. Obviously humans are designed to want sex.
Personally I'd find 7 months a bit excessive, but I do agree it's better when the order goes relationship -> sex, rather than the other way round.
Reply 30
Original post by Anonymous
I get the impression on here that at uni it seems to go: Sex followed by possible relationship.

In my past relationship, we did not have sex until 7 months into the relationship.

Am i going to put girls off me by not wanting to simply offer it up on a plate as soon as some attraction is there? :rolleyes:

No, it shows you actually care about other people :smile:
Some girls will be put off, some girls won't.
You'll live :smile:
Original post by Steezy

And this is hilarious lool
Reply 33
Original post by Holamigo
Not at all. but you have to make sure the girl you're with understands it from beginning as if they don't know they may think you're not interested which is when it can cause problems.

Nothing to do with ur post, but just wanted to comment on your sig....

man i miss lost! :frown:
No, I'd much prefer that in a guy. Fun's fun, but if you're looking for a proper relationship then give that a chance first I think.
Reply 35
I'm curious to know why?
It depends on the girl. Being totally honest though, you'd have to be an amazing guy for me to wait 7 months. I'd actually start to feel like I was the problem by then, and for me personally, it wouldn't work. But I am not the entire female population :p:
Original post by MagicNMedicine
No they aren't all, most of them are going to be up for it. But because religion plays a higher part in US society, you will get a higher proportion of girls who are into things like "no sex before marriage" or at least "saving it for someone special" than you get here.

yawn.

Times are changing and this stupid new aged bull**** about saving da virginitiez for mr special is as strong as dust in a hurricane. Mose of these 'saving myself' guys and girls are uptight and generally lose it in secret.

Religion only plays a bigger role as you may see it because Americans spout such bull**** more than we do over here. I know the red states have strong religious views but that changes when college life is round the corner or these girls/guys go elsewhere away from the familiar neighbourhoods.
Reply 38
Original post by vn2009
Nothing to do with ur post, but just wanted to comment on your sig....

man i miss lost! :frown:

Me too :frown:

I'm gonna start watching the box sets again soon :biggrin:
No, but I wouldn't wanna wait like... 7 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending