The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anterior view
what does that one look like? i got the 600 questions book (fat lot of good it done)

Well mine was this one:

But I suppose you'd want to use a 2011 edition :h:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Well mine was this one:

But I suppose you'd want to use a 2011 edition :h:

thankyou Ill look on amazon:smile:
Reply 42
hi everyone :biggrin:
im joining your crewww
i have also now been rejected by all my choices.
but now i got a few questions:
- i have no idea what to do in my gap year :s
- i dont know if more work experience is going to help my application as i feel i had explored the different areas already. i mainly got rejected this year coz of my predictions a*bb, i need to get aaa !!

im just really baffled atm, no idea what im going to do. all i kno atm is that i have to work my arse off to get 3 a's!
ok im done..
Reply 43
Hey all :smile:

Thought I'd come and join the gang! Recently received my third rejection after interview so it's not looking hopeful! I've got Keele left to hear from (which is ridiculously late as I haven't even had an invite for an interview :mad:)

How is everyone doing? Well I hope :smile: I'll be honest, I've taken my rejections rather hard and I'm really really devastated, but us re-applicants have to stick together and we will one day make great doctors... all of us :smile:

Just wondering if anyone has any great ideas for a gap year?? I'm a bit stuck really :P I know I need to get a job but I need some excitement!

Wishing you all well :smile:
Reply 44
Which book have you chosen? I recommend the 'How to pass the UK Clinical Aptitude Test and BMAT' book, it's the one I used :yep:
As well as the practise questions on the website :h:
Oh and you may notice that they recycle questions, I recognised some from this years test that were in the one the year before :yep:

Haha, I wouldn't remember the questions from this year - was too stressed :P

I wasn't actually thinking about that one - the reviews on it weren't brilliant. I was just going to get the 600 questions one. I need as much practise as I can get :smile: And besides, I'm not planning on doing the BMAT anyway!
Hey, first ever tsr post :smile:
Just though I'd actually say something for once rather than just stalking.:tongue:
Three rejections with Bristol to go... can't see it happening tbh :s-smilie:
Finally got my head round the idea of a gap year, though what with living in a tiny village and all I want to be busy as much as possible so as not to drown in isolation - well that's a depressing thought... - but have no idea where to start planning.
At the moment feeling a tad polar, one minute I'm like yay a year off to do all the stuff I've wanted to do but put off because school work's more important; but then I'm like gutted because I feel like every uni has totally belittled by academics and rejected me because I don't play any sports!
Ah vent over, I'm sure shall all be for the best, or at least I'll pretend it is for so long that I actually believe it....
Good luck to everyone else on this thread :biggrin:
Original post by twelve
Haha, I wouldn't remember the questions from this year - was too stressed :P

I wasn't actually thinking about that one - the reviews on it weren't brilliant. I was just going to get the 600 questions one. I need as much practise as I can get :smile: And besides, I'm not planning on doing the BMAT anyway!

True but this'll explain if you get some ja vu when you do it :wink:

haha fair enough, I suppose as long as you practice there's not really a lot else you can do about it tbh :rolleyes:

Good luck when you do it :h:
Reply 47
Original post by ironicallynameless
Hey, first ever tsr post :smile:
Just though I'd actually say something for once rather than just stalking.:tongue:
Three rejections with Bristol to go... can't see it happening tbh :s-smilie:
Finally got my head round the idea of a gap year, though what with living in a tiny village and all I want to be busy as much as possible so as not to drown in isolation - well that's a depressing thought... - but have no idea where to start planning.
At the moment feeling a tad polar, one minute I'm like yay a year off to do all the stuff I've wanted to do but put off because school work's more important; but then I'm like gutted because I feel like every uni has totally belittled by academics and rejected me because I don't play any sports!
Ah vent over, I'm sure shall all be for the best, or at least I'll pretend it is for so long that I actually believe it....
Good luck to everyone else on this thread :biggrin:

Yep, I'm the same - still got to have hope though :smile: Its crazy how similiar we are reading this actually haha. I'm getting excited about taking a gap year, and doing these things I've been putting off at the moment. But yesterday I was just praying all day that I'd get an interview and have a chance.

I'm sure we'll realise it was amazing for us really - and in some ways be glad of rejection, because we did have this wonderful year out, but doesn't feel like that at the moment does it :P

True but this'll explain if you get some ja vu when you do it :wink:

haha fair enough, I suppose as long as you practice there's not really a lot else you can do about it tbh :rolleyes:

Good luck when you do it :h:

Thankyou! I think I'll need it :P
Original post by twelve
Thankyou! I think I'll need it :P

Well with the initiative of doing well so you can apply to Barts and the London to get and study with me you can't really go wrong for motivation! :teehee:
Reply 49
Well with the initiative of doing well so you can apply to Barts and the London to get and study with me you can't really go wrong for motivation! :teehee:

Haha, good point.

Now get off this reapps thread you offer holder you!
Original post by twelve
Haha, good point.

Now get off this reapps thread you offer holder you!

Oh.. ok then :getmecoat:
Yep I'll be joining you all. Need to concentrate on getting the best possible degree, doing a spot of travelling, improving my UKCAT score and then updating the personal statement with accompanying reference.

I'll be working full time as a pharmacist this year in Addenbrooke's Hospital so at least I'll be so tired and stressed that UCAS will seem like a relatively minor distraction!

I'm thinking,

Aberdeen

Glasgow (dependent on UKCAT score of course, thinking anything above 700 should be safe)

Newcastle (again, dependent on UKCAT being in the 700 region. Not sure whether or not to go for GEP - no financial incentive for Scots to go for GEP)

? St Andrews, Edinburgh, UEA, QUB - all options to be explored over the coming months!
Reply 52
Original post by Caponester
Yep I'll be joining you all. Need to concentrate on getting the best possible degree, doing a spot of travelling, improving my UKCAT score and then updating the personal statement with accompanying reference.

I'll be working full time as a pharmacist this year in Addenbrooke's Hospital so at least I'll be so tired and stressed that UCAS will seem like a relatively minor distraction!

I'm thinking,

Aberdeen

Glasgow (dependent on UKCAT score of course, thinking anything above 700 should be safe)

Newcastle (again, dependent on UKCAT being in the 700 region. Not sure whether or not to go for GEP - no financial incentive for Scots to go for GEP)

? St Andrews, Edinburgh, UEA, QUB - all options to be explored over the coming months!

Newcastle or Durham (can't remember which sorry!) had on their website that they 'are particularly looking for local and MATURE students to apply' so might be worth an application from you? Thats what put me off applying there, but you'd stand a better chance :smile:

Oh.. ok then :getmecoat:

Nooo, I was joking :biggrin:
I'm also subscribing :colone: three pages on three days :toofunny: 2011 re-apps were and will remain epic! :colonhash:

Original post by bigAsh
How is everyone doing? Well I hope :smile: I'll be honest, I've taken my rejections rather hard and I'm really really devastated, but us re-applicants have to stick together and we will one day make great doctors... all of us :smile:

sorry bout the rejections everyone :console:

but yeah re-apps stick together and lots of support since all of you will have each other :yep:

:crossedf: for 2012 :biggrin:
Original post by twelve
Nooo, I was joking :biggrin:

:puppyeyes:
Reply 55
Oh i see what's going on here, anyone want to train as my apprentice for the 2012 dmz? :sexface:

garlic breadman I'm guessing aberdeen didn't come thru I'm so sorry to hear that but you can bounce back even harder next year. Good luck dude. You too firestar :wink:
Reply 56
:moon:
Our thread was once like this too...
Original post by dmz
Oh i see what's going on here, anyone want to train as my apprentice for the 2012 dmz? :sexface:

garlic breadman I'm guessing aberdeen didn't come thru I'm so sorry to hear that but you can bounce back even harder next year. Good luck dude. You too firestar :wink:

Thanks. DMZ. Have you heard back from Leeds regarding the course you want to do. Hope you get in. But, you should have no problems whatsoever. You is in demand. Yeah........:biggrin:

The 2011 re-applicants thread was still much better and a lot more funny and relaxed. But, hopefully this one will live up to that thread.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MizzCupcakes
I'm also subscribing :colone: three pages on three days :toofunny: 2011 re-apps were and will remain epic! :colonhash:

sorry bout the rejections everyone :console:

but yeah re-apps stick together and lots of support since all of you will have each other :yep:

:crossedf: for 2012 :biggrin:

Mizzcupcakes, glad to see you on this thread. How is me Futuredoc doing? Any plans arranged for the revenge on bristol.
Reply 59
:puppyeyes:

I can't even think of a witty response to that :frown:

Original post by firestar101

The 2011 re-applicants thread was still much better and a lot more funny and relaxed. But, hopefully this one will live up to that thread.

We're just warming up! Got to rally the troops yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending