The Student Room Group

If Oxbridge is so great...

why can't the government figures it turns out manage to shape the country at all adequately and avoid the UK going down the hole?

Jus sayin.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by morris743

why can't the government figures it turns out manage to shape the country at all adequately and avoid the UK going down the hole?

Jus sayin.

One's education has no bearing on how well they can run the country?! :dontknow:

Don't blame Oxbridge for the mistakes of certain individuals.
Reply 3
Original post by im so academic
One's education has no bearing on how well they can run the country?! :dontknow:

You know your anon was me, right?
Reply 4
I go to Oxford.

I visit you down for a weekend to get a realistic view of the people who I study along side, some of these people struggle to even boil an egg let alone run a country effectively. But in all seriousness, I don't think many people on TSR could even grasp how hard it is to run a country.
Reply 5
Original post by Tyler.
I go to Oxford.

I visit you down for a weekend to get a realistic view of the people who I study along side, some of these people struggle to even boil an egg let alone run a country effectively. But in all seriousness, I don't think many people on TSR could even grasp how hard it is to run a country.

Respect to you.

Am I officially invited, btw?

I knew I'd find you here
Original post by Tyler.

Original post by Tyler.
I go to Oxford.

Surely anyone can learn how to boil an egg within seconds?
Reply 8
Surely anyone can learn how to boil an egg within seconds?

Within seconds? Oh dear, it's a wonder you haven't died of salmonella by now.

Jus sayin.

Is that even a valid sentence? :lolwut:
Original post by BJack
Within seconds? Oh dear, it's a wonder you haven't died of salmonella by now.

That's not what I meant. I.e. you can learn, how to boil an egg, within seconds. I.e. it takes seconds to learn, how to boil an egg.
OP, im so academic is going to go mad at you! ... Be careful... :P
Reply 12
Original post by street.lovin'
OP, im so academic is going to go mad at you! ... Be careful... :P

This was kind of the point. Apologies to any other Oxbridge fans.
Original post by comrade_jon

Legend.
Reply 14
This is what we refer to as the fallacy of association.
Reply 15
Original post by jjarvis
This is what we refer to as the fallacy of association.

I like it.

Oh ok then, might as well keep all the ex-poly's open since the future PM may well attend one...
if Oxbridge is so bad, why not let people from Thames valley university run the country?

such flawed reasoning:stupid:
Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
if Oxbridge is so bad, why not let people from Thames valley university run the country?

such flawed reasoning:stupid:

cheers to you :biggrin:
Original post by Barden
Oh ok then, might as well keep all the ex-poly's open since the future PM may well attend one...

That's not a reason for keeping ex-polys open. It's like saying we shouldn't put paedophiles and rapists into jail as they may have the cure for cancer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending