The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone!
Reply 461
Guysss, I'm planning to redo my biology ISA. Do you think this would be a problem for any unis?
Original post by oHellno
Guysss, I'm planning to redo my biology ISA. Do you think this would be a problem for any unis?

(At my school at least) olnly one ISA mark goes forward to the exam board later in the year, so the uni wouldn't know, as far as I can see :smile:
In fact, we do two and they then just put the better mark forward.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 463
Original post by Stegosaurus

Original post by Stegosaurus
At least at my school, only one ISA marks goes forward, so they wouldn't know, as far as I can see :smile:

The reason I'm confused is because it's optional, so not everyone has to do it. But then AQA will produce two for May 2011, so I hope it'll be okay :erm:
Reply 464
I only do one ISA, unfortunately. Although we have done a practise one.
Original post by Harbour Seal
AAABB for my prelim higher exams! :biggrin: the Bs should be easy enough to bump up to As (4 marks off for history, 1 mark for English) so I'm a little delighted :biggrin:

I'm guessing most people are a-level here?

Congratulations, you must be chuffed to bits with that. You looking to bump it up to 5 As in your final exams then?
Original post by oHellno

Original post by oHellno

I don't think they'll knoew about it. AQA (assuming that's your exam board) publish 2 isas per year, so it doesn't matter whether you attempt both, and submit your best one, as it won't count as a resit of anything :smile:
Original post by Jabbo12
But you realise you won't pay it off until giving all of your salary for the first 3 years back.

Yes I do. But my thinking is that if fees are slightly cheaper in Scotland, then you might get more people applying because its cheaper. Hopefully this won't change much t'was just a thought

Just curoius about the fees in general, for any course cause I know people who are going to apply for various courses and they're not sure whats going on either.
Reply 468
Original post by Bubbles2010

I don't think they'll knoew about it. AQA (assuming that's your exam board) publish 2 isas per year, so it doesn't matter whether you attempt both, and submit your best one, as it won't count as a resit of anything :smile:

Thank you! And I am on AQA, which is why I thought it should be okay, but just wanted to be sure. Well done on your offers :smile:
Quick but important question

I was unable to do Biology AS this year as I didn't always want to go into medicine ofcourse. However as of now, medicine is the priority.

I am planning on doing Biology AS next year while I'm doing 3 A2s.

Will this affect my application to Unis that only ask for bio at AS, and chem at A2?
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
Quick but important question

I was unable to do Biology AS this year as I didn't always want to go into medicine ofcourse. However as of now, medicine is the priority.

I am planning on doing Biology AS next year while I'm doing 3 A2s.

Will this affect my application to Unis that only ask for bio at AS, and chem at A2?

Not necessarily, some universities are happy with biology just at AS, you just need to research carefully about where to apply. Hope this helps
AAABB for my prelim higher exams! :biggrin: the Bs should be easy enough to bump up to As (4 marks off for history, 1 mark for English) so I'm a little delighted :biggrin:

Well done! :smile: You did really well, especially in English. I got a C in the Higher English prelim last year, but managed somehow to bump it up to an A in the final exam :biggrin:

I am:smile: but well done!
Original post by itsrayray:)
Not necessarily, some universities are happy with biology just at AS, you just need to research carefully about where to apply. Hope this helps

No, I've done the research. Many universities tick the Biology at AS level required box.

I'm just wondering if they'll give me equal priority to other applicants for not doing biology at AS in the 1st year or not.

No, I've done the research. Many universities tick the Biology at AS level required box.

I'm just wondering if they'll give me equal priority to other applicants for not doing biology at AS in the 1st year or not.

My friend did the whole of her biology a level in year 13, and has got all 4 offers. But email the universities to be sure
Reply 475
Is everyone cashing in their AS grades in the summer?
My friend did the whole of her biology a level in year 13, and has got all 4 offers. But email the universities to be sure

Can i ask how your friend managed it? Did she do her AS exams in Jan, and A2 after jan?
And did she do it alongside 3 other A-levels?
Original post by liviaaa
Is everyone cashing in their AS grades in the summer?

ov corse
Reply 478
Original post by SteveCrain
ov corse

Okay I thought that would be the case haha. Me too. Will they favour those who have cashed in?

Can i ask how your friend managed it? Did she do her AS exams in Jan, and A2 after jan?
And did she do it alongside 3 other A-levels?

Yeah, for AS levels, she did Chemistry, Maths, History and Physics, then she dropped history and maths after AS.
For A2, she did Chem, and phys, and took on the whole of bio (As in jan, a2 in june)

Latest

Trending

Trending