The Student Room Group

Im picking difficult A Levels :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by linkdapink

Original post by linkdapink
AABb... so quite good. This was also 4/5 years ago, so no such thing as A* back then!

No, that's good, fair play. :smile:
Original post by phill232
...I work from when school starts in the morning at 8am to 11pm at night every week night and have done this for nearly two years. ..

My difficulty is understanding what you are doing for all this time. When you've learned the material, practiced exam essays, read a bit more about the things you're interested in, what keeps you at it until 11pm? Aren't you just rehearsing stuff you already know?
Reply 62
they're not particularly difficult, just require a lot of work and dedication eg learning quotes in english, i have to learn at least 50!
Reply 63
Original post by andromache458
My difficulty is understanding what you are doing for all this time. When you've learned the material, practiced exam essays, read a bit more about the things you're interested in, what keeps you at it until 11pm? Aren't you just rehearsing stuff you already know?

Out of about every hour only 45 minutes is the max you can study for and in an hour I take 3 short 5 minute breaks. This also docent include travel from school, lunch and dinner.

I have two essays every night for history each takes about 50 minutes, I have notes for biology to write up, chemistry rote learning and standard question as well as fundamentals from earlier work relevant to the new material. For physics I have a stack of pastpapers every night. Also the medicine application is like a fifth a level; organising work experience, prepping for interviews, keeping up with medicine in the media and reading up on topics like ethics. Nevermind extra curricular things like music etc

I revise effectively, to do so takes this time.
Reply 64
I'm choosing maths, chemistry, history and french. Does anyone think that i will be swept with work and have no free time?
haha difficult? try doing Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Economics.....your head will explode!!! :s-smilie:
Reply 66
Original post by Racheld25
You've chosen a range that'll give you broad options when it comes to picking a degree.
So long as you actually have a genuine interest, and work hard, it shouldn't be too difficult.
It's not like you're doing all 3 sciences & maths...

Since when was doing all three sciences and maths challenging? Taking History, English Lit, French and Spanish for example would be much more time consuming
Reply 67
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
I did all 3 sciences and maths, got AAAB and had a buzzing social life. You'll be fine.

Hypothetically speaking if one was do to those subjects but Further Maths as well, would you recommend just destroying one's xbox and not even thinking about a social life.

Or do you think it would be manageable.

Thank You in Advance.
Original post by Muqy
Hypothetically speaking if one was do to those subjects but Further Maths as well, would you recommend just destroying one's xbox and not even thinking about a social life.

Or do you think it would be manageable.

Thank You in Advance.

You're thinking of doing Bio, Chem, Physics and Further Maths? That's brave, but if you really want to that's cool.

I'd suggest keeping your xbox, but using it only as a break from work, and you can still have a decent social life if you do those subjects.

Good luck man
Reply 69
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
You're thinking of doing Bio, Chem, Physics and Further Maths? That's brave, but if you really want to that's cool.

I'd suggest keeping your xbox, but using it only as a break from work, and you can still have a decent social life if you do those subjects.

Good luck man

I'm not up to date like on this A-level stuff but you have to do Maths to do Further Maths right?

And cheers for the advice, i was really thinking of getting rid of my xbox but my friend told me it would be good for relieving stress.

I don't know about cool lol, but my mum is really awesome and i want to impress her so i thought id work really hard, and hopefully get good grades, luckily i actually love science and maths lol :P.

And thanks !
Original post by Muqy
I'm not up to date like on this A-level stuff but you have to do Maths to do Further Maths right?

And cheers for the advice, i was really thinking of getting rid of my xbox but my friend told me it would be good for relieving stress.

I don't know about cool lol, but my mum is really awesome and i want to impress her so i thought id work really hard, and hopefully get good grades, luckily i actually love science and maths lol :P.

And thanks !

Yer, further maths is just an extension of maths.

After a bit of stalking, i've seen you're interested in imperial. Me too, maybe i'll see you there :biggrin:
Maths isn't a hard subject at A level, but I'd suggest not to do it if you had any difficulty at GCSE.

Quick Reply