The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Hey :smile:

Could you possibly give me a little info on NHC? I've read a bit online and from the prospectuses but I'd like to have a more opinionated point of view. What do you like about it the most and what don't you like?

Hey :smile: if you look back through this thread and also one called North Hill Court I've written a lot in those :smile: they might help you too! if you want some pics just PM me :smile:

what I like: the area (it's so lovely in the sun, loads of trees and really quiet so it's a nice walk, there's a huge wood behind us as well), the amount of people here (only about 80 people so it's easy to get to know everyone!), the cheapness :p: for the size of the rooms it's so cheap. Umm, the quality of the flats is really good considering how cheap it is!

What I don't like: the walk to uni (sometimes) :p: mainly just in winter when it's cold and raining.. it's about a 20 minutes/25 minute walk, but the bus from here to uni is only £1!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by betbet1
Am I the only person who REALLLLY wants storm jameson? WEll..any Charles Morris really... :frown: I dont want it to just be me sat alone with 600 rooms.. :/
im doing dentistry so are there any other people in the same situationnn?

I REALLY REALLY want Storm Jameson - i don't care about the other halls i just want that oone! So bad! I just fell in love with it. Are you going to the open day by any chance to see it? Cause i would really appreciate your feedback on it if you are, just to reassure me that it's as perfect as it looks in the photos :biggrin:
I'm not doing dentistry btw :biggrin:
Reply 282
Original post by betbet1
Am I the only person who REALLLLY wants storm jameson? WEll..any Charles Morris really... :frown: I dont want it to just be me sat alone with 600 rooms.. :/
im doing dentistry so are there any other people in the same situationnn?

oh I really liked the Charles Morris! They look like a hotel from the pictures, however my friends mum works at the uni admissions unit and seemingly it is like fawlty towers with things always breaking and whatnot...

but I shall see on the tour this saturdayyyy! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Original post by - Major -
Haha you are my literally reading my mind. Considering james ballie but then you're like 25-30 mins away from dental school....Not sure i'll enjoy that for the rest of the year...and the union...and the city centre too...
Leodis seems pretty decent....Tannery is all Undergraduate so i doubt it'd be all quiet like senetary....but idk....Epic dilemma :frown: But then again it wouldnt be so bad to walk from james ballie with a friend....I hope some dental students have applied to james ballie...
Let me know what you pick :smile:

Haha :biggrin:

If I was living that far away after about a month of walking 25mins every morning I'd just get sick of it!....or invest in a bike... :tongue:

On the UNITE website theres a place called Concept Place which is near the Tannery which looks good to! Aghhhh.

Just so many decisisons! I'll bet most dental students will be in the same frame of mind as us! Have you picked James Baille then or still undecided? :smile:

I'm not going to the accommodation open day on saturday so may have to wait until I see what people say on here before I decide :smile:
Original post by accomoffice
The Tannery isn't quiet at all! Well, that's not entirely true - there is one smaller block that just has studios in it and that will have quiet areas but the rest of it isn't quiet.
Both The tannery and Sentinel are good choices for dental students because the dental school is that end of campus. So basically, Sentinel if you want to be a bit quieter, Tannery if you don't!

Ahhh well it's nice to be told that :biggrin:

I am thinking more strongly towards the tannery now...

Do you know anything about concept place?
Reply 285
Original post by Jessica&
Ahhh well it's nice to be told that :biggrin:

I am thinking more strongly towards the tannery now...

Do you know anything about concept place?

I do, stayed at a friends there. From what I remember its mainly got students that go to Leeds Met, so I suppose you get a wider mix of people. Also, the rooms are pretty big, well the room I stayed in had a double bed, a desk and a pretty decent en suite. Its like 10 minutes walk from town, right next to other student accoms andddd its pretty modern!

can anyone give me more info on Devonshire halls? They look really nice on the website but I keep hearing about strict wardens and lights out at 10! Is that for real?! :') :smile:
Does anyone know which halls are oversubscribed/ highly popular? I absolutely love Clarence Dock and Oxley atm, but I don't want to get my hopes up if it seems everyone has the same idea :smile:
Does anyone know which halls are oversubscribed/ highly popular? I absolutely love Clarence Dock and Oxley atm, but I don't want to get my hopes up if it seems everyone has the same idea :smile:

I think the accommodation office said that Clarence dock last year had more places then people applying but that could change but i don't think its hugely oversubscribed, although I'm not sure about oxley!

But i know places like James Baillie, Dev hall and Charles Morris are really popular and usually oversubscribed :smile: Hope that helped. :smile:
Original post by - Major -
I'm gonna look like such a loner too :frown:

Aw, im glad there is loads of people going by themselves i dont feel as silly haha :smile:
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I think the accommodation office said that Clarence dock last year had more places then people applying but that could change but i don't think its hugely oversubscribed, although I'm not sure about oxley!

But i know places like James Baillie, Dev hall and Charles Morris are really popular and usually oversubscribed :smile: Hope that helped. :smile:

Hey! Thanks :smile: I'm trying to remember stuff that the accommodation guides were saying on the open day last year but it's been so long since then. I'm glad CD doesn't seem too popular then because it's in such a nice setting :biggrin:
Hey! Thanks :smile: I'm trying to remember stuff that the accommodation guides were saying on the open day last year but it's been so long since then. I'm glad CD doesn't seem too popular then because it's in such a nice setting :biggrin:

No problem :smile:
Yeah, i think the accommodation person on here has said quite a few things about the different accommodation sites! I know it looks SO nice!
I really love James Baillie it's my favorite, i hope i get in as LOADS of people seem to apply there but fingers crossed! :smile:
Are you going to the open day on Saturday?
I'm currently outside of the UK so to anyone attending the accommodation tours it wouldd be pureeeeeeee amazzzinngg if you could possibly take picture of the surrounding area/street offff Leodis, Sentinel andddd/or Devonshire.

I'll call you my queen/king forever if you do.

:smile:
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
No problem :smile:
Yeah, i think the accommodation person on here has said quite a few things about the different accommodation sites! I know it looks SO nice!
I really love James Baillie it's my favorite, i hope i get in as LOADS of people seem to apply there but fingers crossed! :smile:
Are you going to the open day on Saturday?

No :frown: I'm working, unfortunately, and I used all of my holidays up for this year. I'm just hoping people will go and then come and comment on here afterward. What course are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 293
I've applied to James Baillie, after changing my mind from charles morris! I'm going to open day on saturday though to make sure I made the right choice!
I'm stuck between james baillie, leodis, charles morris, henry price, the tannery and oxley... it's going to be a long day for me :frown:
Reply 294
Original post by keds1
I do, stayed at a friends there. From what I remember its mainly got students that go to Leeds Met, so I suppose you get a wider mix of people. Also, the rooms are pretty big, well the room I stayed in had a double bed, a desk and a pretty decent en suite. Its like 10 minutes walk from town, right next to other student accoms andddd its pretty modern!

can anyone give me more info on Devonshire halls? They look really nice on the website but I keep hearing about strict wardens and lights out at 10! Is that for real?! :') :smile:

the description of it seems really boring tbh, music rooms and balls? I'd like a ball but why so formal?!

:five: hope to see you at CD
Original post by BrainPleasure
I'm currently outside of the UK so to anyone attending the accommodation tours it wouldd be pureeeeeeee amazzzinngg if you could possibly take picture of the surrounding area/street offff Leodis, Sentinel andddd/or Devonshire.

I'll call you my queen/king forever if you do.

:smile:

going to leodis. I'll take pictures!
Original post by dmz

:five: hope to see you at CD

Totally! :five: Could I possibly trouble you for a few photos of CD? That is if you're going on the 26th? :biggrin:
Reply 296
Totally! :five: Could I possibly trouble you for a few photos of CD? That is if you're going on the 26th? :biggrin:

:yep: defo, anything specific?
You sly devil! For a moment I was truly stumped when I looked at the quotes box. I literally almost had a meltdown trying to figure out when I had ever commented on this thread :wink: Anyways, seeing as I have wasted all of my holiday time from work, I cant attend the accom day :frown: I do, however, have the internet and a pile of accom booklets from open days :biggrin: I'm liking the look of Clarence Dock (super expensive from what I remember though) Devonshire Hall and James Baillie Park although Opal 3 is starting to look alright.

Clarence Dock is cheaper than Dev & JBP.
Original post by dmz
:yep: defo, anything specific?

An en-suite room if it isn't too much trouble? And I know this is going to sound a bit weird...but a picture of the bathroom? In my defense...the pictures online don't really do the bathrooms justice :wink: And maybe just a general kitchen picture? Haha, nothing extensive! Thank you very much :h:
Reply 299
^ think it's the cheapest en suite too. Why the hell am i sellin it to people when i want it?!

Latest