The Student Room Group

Need money fast, or homeless.

Right then people, heres the scenario

Im skint, absolutely broke, im 19, i have nothing i can sell, and unless i get money in the next few weeks i am totally dead.

I have no money, i have to pay my landlord £1200 within the next two weeks, and then £600 in the summer, but im only gonna get £800 at the end of April.

So im £1000 short. And i gotta pay really soon.

So im looking into getting a loan, but.......im not sure who would loan to me, anyone got any ideas what the best companies are, i literally need this money till September, any help would be really useful.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

worst case - eviction is a legal process and the landlord has to go to court to get you out. That will take weeks after you default on your rent.
Reply 2
rent out your anus
Waddya mean you have nothing to sell? There's always your body.

And by that I meant a kidney.
Reply 4
Original post by hypocriticaljap
worst case - eviction is a legal process and the landlord has to go to court to get you out. That will take weeks after you default on your rent.

I know, and i have a sodding brilliant Lawyer, but i like my landlord, he is a great man, and i never intended to mess him around, but £2000 i was expecting never arrived, so now i have to look at other options.
Reply 5
Original post by Caprisun!
Waddya mean you have nothing to sell? There's always your body.

/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:
wash the neighbours car, mow some lawns
Reply 7
If he's a great man, explain to him, tell the truth and try and sort out something with him. Like a weekly basis you pay him a certain amount of money or something.

Don't get one of those do you need 500 quid now ones, you'll end up paying 5,000,000 in interest.
Reply 8
Original post by .meh.
If he's a great man, explain to him, tell the truth and try and sort out something with him. Like a weekly basis you pay him a certain amount of money or something.

Don't get one of those do you need 500 quid now ones, you'll end up paying 5,000,000 in interest.

He needs the money to be honest, he has 4 children and a business to run, and times are hard now, i want to give him the money, i would prefer to put myself into more debt in the long run than to screw him over, he deserves his money.
Have you spoken to your landlord about this?
What is with this £2000 that never came? How did that happen?! Does your landlord know about this?
Reply 10
Original post by screenager2004
Have you spoken to your landlord about this?
What is with this £2000 that never came? How did that happen?! Does your landlord know about this?

My maintenance grant, however much paperwork i sent them student finance said they received nothing, so i didnt get it. £2000 unseen by me.

He knows about it, but now it more likely is not coming then its not his problem, i still have to pay him.
Reply 11
Original post by Spr7377

Original post by Spr7377
He needs the money to be honest, he has 4 children and a business to run, and times are hard now, i want to give him the money, i would prefer to put myself into more debt in the long run than to screw him over, he deserves his money.

At least speak to him, and give him some kind of forewarning that some of the rent might be a bit late. Or offer to help out at his business.
Original post by Spr7377
I know, and i have a sodding brilliant Lawyer, but i like my landlord, he is a great man, and i never intended to mess him around, but £2000 i was expecting never arrived, so now i have to look at other options.

Use the money you would pay your "sodding brilliant lawyer" to pay your rent!
Reply 13
You need one of these mate!

Reply 14
Original post by Gemma :)!
Use the money you would pay your "sodding brilliant lawyer" to pay your rent!

I wouldnt have to pay my lawyer, shes my auntie, she loves me, plus that was blatantly a joke, i would have nothing to stand on if he took my to court, and i wouldnt even try contesting it, i want to pay him his money, i like the bloke, i never meant for any of this to happen.
Reply 15
do you have a job? If not ask someone you know that you're desperate to work for around a few months and explain the situation. hopefully people will be understanding and the once you have the job you can talk it over with your landlord about paying the £1800 over the course of a few months with your new job.
any family who can help you out?
Reply 17
Original post by Fat-Love
do you have a job? If not ask someone you know that you're desperate to work for around a few months and explain the situation. hopefully people will be understanding and the once you have the job you can talk it over with your landlord about paying the £1800 over the course of a few months with your new job.

Looking for work so much, nowhere is hiring, thats the problem, i have looked and applied for everything, and i have even started looking into medical research to help.

I only have to pay £1200 off in two weeks, so if i can get that sorted then i can sort the rest over time.

I get £800 at the end of April, so i basically need to hope things work out. I dunno, this has stressed me for so long and now my landlord has gave me a date to pay it by i am even worse. I literally am so close to giving up.
Reply 18
Original post by loveheartsandall
any family who can help you out?

I wish, they are all as skint as i am.
Reply 19
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Quickquid?

Tried them, they couldnt help me. Thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending